Player Discussion Lias Andersson

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
With my undying love for Kravtsov, I've neglected Lias a bit in the last 6 months. It's painful that he moved so far away, but after seeing him 7 times during last season, I felt it was time to suck it up and go see him again.

I'm at the airport now, waiting to board a plane to Tampa. I'm staying with friends in Sarasota for a week, and we have tickets for Monday's game! I'm so excited! Anyone in Tampa who wants to meet up?

Ooh! I know someone in Sarasota. Nice town. Seems like a retirement location though.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Andersson played 8:23. Strome got nearly 20 minutes at center. Did you even notice Strome? 19:22. 20 minutes. Where is Chris Rock to yell "20 minutes"? DQ gives Andersson more than 10 minutes when the Rangers have three games in 4 nights or are coming off a busy schedule and he needs to play more than 9 forwards or the game is out of hand. Go look at his ice time.

The Rangers sent Andersson to the AHL because they wanted him to play major minutes and they didn't have a spot for him.

What's happening now?

No one in the media has the balls to question DQ or Gorton(if he talks to you)about Andersson and their original reasoning for sending him down. His ice time doesn't make any sense if you follow their thought process back in early October.

The Rangers don't have a spot for Andersson. DQ moved Hayes to the wing and put Strome in the middle.

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Andersson played 8:23. Strome got nearly 20 minutes at center. Did you even notice Strome? 19:22. 20 minutes. Where is Chris Rock to yell "20 minutes"? DQ gives Andersson more than 10 minutes when the Rangers have three games in 4 nights or are coming off a busy schedule and he needs to play more than 9 forwards or the game is out of hand. Go look at his ice time.

The Rangers sent Andersson to the AHL because they wanted him to play major minutes and they didn't have a spot for him.

What's happening now?

No one in the media has the balls to question DQ or Gorton(if he talks to you)about Andersson and their original reasoning for sending him down. His ice time doesn't make any sense if you follow their thought process back in early October.

The Rangers don't have a spot for Andersson. DQ moved Hayes to the wing and put Strome in the middle.

Agreed.

Although I'd argue they have a spot for Andersson, they are just using Strome there instead, which is idiotic.

Long-term, Hayes must be at center, but for now that top line looked good. Lias should get a shot at center instead of Strome.

I thought the fourth line was really good last night, makes no sense why they got so little playing time. Strome's line was invisible.

Reactions: Graves94

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Strome, right now, imho, is better than Andersson.

L.a. isn't doing much out there
How can you gain confidence or improve when you get 8 minutes of ice time ?
Give him 12-15minutes or send him down to play 20 minutes a night every night

Reactions: CaptBagel

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Andersson now is where chytil was at the start of the year. He's following chytil's path: time in the ahl to get comfortable and put up near ppg, time on 4th line to acclimate/see the NHL game and speed, then move up then lineup when the opportunity arises.

This is player development as opposed to throwing a player in and watching him sink or swim.

Too many people are hung up on the justification the organization made to send him down at the start of the year. If they thought it was best for him to start the year in the NHL than they would've made room for him. They didn't think he was ready. There's nothing wrong with that. Remember, he wasn't dominating the ahl last year. Give him time and let him develop...

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
It's the same narrative. A coach known for his player development has been brought in, yet he's not developing players correctly.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Strome, right now, imho, is better than Andersson.

L.a. isn't doing much out there
How is he suppose to do anything with no flow of getting in the game? I’d rather him get 20 minutes in HFD than 8 minutes with scrubs.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Lias was more noticeable in 8 minutes than Strome was in 20

Glad I've seen multiple remarks on this. The whole time last night, I kept thinking have I even seen Strome or heard his name? But let Quinn tinker as much as he wants. He knows what he's doing.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I just don't see lias doing enough to warrant more ice time. Feeding ice time to jids who aren't ready is a good way to ruin them.

Playing lias 8 mins with and against lesser players is likely better for him than feeding him mins against barkov and the like only to get buried in their own zone.

I also feel like often times were too quick to say a player played well even though they didn't because we want to justify them in terms of their importance to the team going forward.

People hate on @Kovalev27 because he's super hard on lias..but I think sometimes people go too far in the other direction and aren't hard enough on him. Similarly I feel like @nevesis will forgive anything Henrik does whereas @SnowblindNYR will blame Henrik for everything.

I just feel like the truth is often in the middle..I feel like lias hasn't played near well enough to justify more minutes and better linemates, and I also feel like there are flashes of the player he can become but isn't there yet.

When chytil was playing 8 mins a night with the same scrubs, you saw enough strong play to justidy bumping him up in the lineup....he made good things happen...a lot.

Right blnow lias can't beat anyone one on one...he's not able to win even half of his board battles, he falls over for no reason constantly, and he's super floaty at times which for a guy with below average speed is a bit concerning.

I'd like to reiterate though that...he's a kid, he needs to develop and he's going through that process. This is all normal stuff...but I think he doesn't deserve bigger minutes with better linemates...Quinn is already doing that with howden and chytil....why? Because they earned it.

Lias has not....not by a long shot.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
It's the same narrative. A coach known for his player development has been brought in, yet he's not developing players correctly.

I think Quinn is doing a wonderful job. The complaints in here mimic those regarding Chytil earlier in the year. No one is complaining anymore. I'm confident by the end of the year the same will be said about Lias.

Quinn has shown a lot of things this year, but developing players incorrectly is surely not one of them.

Reactions: will1066

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
People can’t stop with comparisons when it comes to ice time distribution, but honestly, I’m not sure that it’s really the point.

If Quinn believes that the best thing for Andersson’s development is to play him at 4C, then it doesn’t matter if the guys who line up as the 2 and 3 Cs perform worse in those roles than Andersson does in his. The evaluation of Andersson is independent of the evaluation of Strome and Howden.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Howden, chytil, Andersson, fogarty, gettinger, pionk, DeAngelo, georgiev.

Not a developmental coach? I dunno guys....

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'll always take the conservative approach. Let him work in gradually. This board would eviscerate itself apart if it saw Lias at 2C getting smoked by the league's top six lines. It'd be calling for his head, as bad as it is now with him at 4C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad