Player Discussion Lias Andersson: Part III

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The3 of the last 4 stats are cumulative stats right...so of course a guy who isn't playing a ton would rank high in giveaways or low in offensive zone faceoffs if he's not playing a lot

Also that's makes the takeaways stat that much more impressive...and almost hard to believe considering Mika and panarin seem to have 4 a game each...
Not necessarily. I should have included this but he had apparently 7 Neu. Zone face-offs and 7 Def. Zone face-offs as well, way more than the Off. Zone, so 2-7-7 (Zone Starts: 1-7-1.) I made a small mistake in the Takeaways: he is tied with Zibanejad at 4 each, Panarin credited with 2 (and that is at 5v5). IMO if he's playing enough to have 4 Takeaways, then he's playing enough to have as many Giveaways.

I admit the sample size is so small that this all is far from concrete, but the point is everything we have to look at so far—the stats, and the fact that most people think he's played well—all point to his efforts being rewarded within the next several games; They very nearly were against Edmonton, but 'twas not to be /poetry.

No doubt Howden will also pot a few too, keeping him above Lias on the depth chart, and further annoying people. :laugh:

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Not necessarily. I should have included this but he had apparently 7 Neu. Zone face-offs and 7 Def. Zone face-offs as well, way more than the Off. Zone, so 2-7-7 (Zone Starts: 1-7-1.) I made a small mistake in the Takeaways: he is tied with Zibanejad at 4 each, Panarin credited with 2 (and that is at 5v5). IMO if he's playing enough to have 4 Takeaways, then he's playing enough to have as many Giveaways.

I admit the sample size is so small that this all is far from concrete, but the point is everything we have to look at so far—the stats, and the fact that most people think he's played well—all point to his efforts being rewarded within the next several games; They very nearly were against Edmonton, but 'twas not to be /poetry.

No doubt Howden will also pot a few too, keeping him above Lias on the depth chart, and further annoying people. :laugh:
I think he's playing better than strome or howden so I agree he should be playing more...with that said I think it's more because howden and strome are playing super meh than lias' playing super great... if that makes sense.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
At the season ticket holder event, got to meet Andersson and his interaction with the fans was really nice, especially the kids that came by.

As @Amazing Kreiderman has said, his english is fantastic and wanted to let him know we're all behind him.

Also, he's the next member of the sick flow group. As someone who is lacking in that department, mentioned I could use some of that hair. The woman working with the Rangers who was there said she wanted it too.

Can't wait for him to get his chance to prove himself.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I think he's playing better than strome or howden so I agree he should be playing more...with that said I think it's more because howden and strome are playing super meh than lias' playing super great... if that makes sense.

I'd prefer to see him get 3C than 2C at this juncture. He's played well enough to get a chance playing third line minutes, and if he continues to be effective and the other two continue to suck, then maybe bump him up again.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I realize it feels like months cause of the schedule...but it took Quinn 3 frigging games to shuffle the lines. can we please relax?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
its less about the 2C to me then it is about moving the wingers up and down. if were gonna makes changes already- and i think this is dumb after 3 games, then lets get 20 going.

kreider has been brutal so far. ZERO shots on goal last game. ( he did hit one pipe though) he must get going. hes got 5 shots in 2 games. and that's playing the PP1 prime minutes.

lets move kakko up and buch down and see what happens there. buchnevich needs to shoot it more, hes become a setup guy to panarin only. hes got a great shoot, he needs to use it.

bread/mika/kakko
kreider/stromer/buch

flip flop chad and brett if you must. whats it matter really ?

this team needs to shoot the puck more. period.

Reactions: haveandare

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
At a bare minimum, I think that Strome needs to be centering the 4th line right now. I would give Andersson the chance at 2C, but can live with giving Howden some more time. Neither factors in the thing that Strome has just simply not shown anything. Maybe it is as simple as Edge says, when playing with top 6 expectations, Strome simply fails to rise to the challenge and shrinks. Let him play a role on the bottom two lines, between center and wing. But he should not be a middle two line center right now.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
At a bare minimum, I think that Strome needs to be centering the 4th line right now. I would give Andersson the chance at 2C, but can live with giving Howden some more time. Neither factors in the thing that Strome has just simply not shown anything. Maybe it is as simple as Edge says, when playing with top 6 expectations, Strome simply fails to rise to the challenge and shrinks. Let him play a role on the bottom two lines, between center and wing. But he should not be a middle two line center right now.
The 2C spot should be up for grabs. Someone then needs to grab it.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
its less about the 2C to me then it is about moving the wingers up and down. if were gonna makes changes already- and i think this is dumb after 3 games, then lets get 20 going.

kreider has been brutal so far. ZERO shots on goal last game. ( he did hit one pipe though) he must get going. hes got 5 shots in 2 games. and that's playing the PP1 prime minutes.

lets move kakko up and buch down and see what happens there. buchnevich needs to shoot it more, hes become a setup guy to panarin only. hes got a great shoot, he needs to use it.

bread/mika/kakko
kreider/stromer/buch

flip flop chad and brett if you must. whats it matter really ?

this team needs to shoot the puck more. period.

first I don't think they are going to move Kakko after he scored...second IMO kakko is on the 2nd line to have kakko on the 2nd line. that isn't random and it isn't cause they want buch on the top line...it he is playing with mika and/or panarin that means facing the other teams top dmen. he's 18 years old and has alot of things to adjust to, why add even more pressure to his plate? its not needed. yeah he'll score more but that doesn't mean he's a better player.

I think there is a 0% chance that kakko isn't on Mika's wing before the season ends but I'm not rushing it and certainly not changing the plan for his long term development cause kreider stinks.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
can someone please convince me what brett howden has done to warrant the 2C ?

ill wait.....
Kreider-Strome-Kakko has been one of the worst lines in the NHL. Howden gets as much ice-time as Strome, can take face-offs, has scored a goal, and taken twice as many shot attempts. Why wouldn't he get a shot?

DecyjNX.png

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Kreider-Strome-Kakko has been one of the worst lines in the NHL. Howden gets as much ice-time as Strome, can take face-offs, has scored a goal, and taken twice as many shot attempts. Why wouldn't he get a shot?

DecyjNX.png

all true. sadly.

why are we all so convinced that 16 is the problem ?

this guy might be the problem

QuickFragrantClingfish-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: romba

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
all true. sadly.

why are we all so convinced that 16 is the problem ?

this guy might be the problem

QuickFragrantClingfish-max-1mb.gif
I think Kreider has looked poor, both in the pre-season and now. But he has a history of being a very good player, so the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Can't say that line's lost on Kreider when he's playing with an 18 year old and a guy that has been a better winger than center in his career.

Howden getting a shot is better, in spite of his poor performance for long stretches last season just based on him being able to get better. Strome is what he is at this point.

If Howden isn't working, Andersson needs to be next, not Chytil and not someone outside the organization.

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
(Every damn thread has become a roster building thread. Like this is the Lias thread, but I want to partake in the 2nd-line debate and who sucks)

I might look at it in a very simplistic way, but we went from too many playmakers to only three playmakers playing on the same line and none left for the rest of the roster.

Kreider is a PWF and compliments a PLY-SNP combo, like the KZB-line was, where Mika was more of a SNP than PLY. Kakko is a PWF atm, very versatile though, like Zibby a PLY/SNP/TWF-guy only thiccer. Strome, I don't know wtf he is: TWF or GRD. Howden and Andersson too.

PLY-PLY-PLY
PWF-TWF-PWF
GRD-TWF-GRD
GRD-TWF-GRD

This can't work. So imo, it's neither on Strome or Kreids really.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
And what exactly has your lover Strome done? Shoot 25% for a few weeks?

its 3 games. we've played 3 games. thats it.

howden has 1 goal and strome has none. wow. brett is certainly outplaying stromer.

they each have 1 point and howden has 1 more shot. again, hes really earning that shot.

im asking what has howden done to bump strome down after 3 freekin games ?

kreider is the problem on that line and so i dont believe 21 or 16 are the issue anyway. CK has been abysmal. hes been a boat anchor for that line. hes done zilch and hes in a CONTRACT YEAR ?!!!!

guys a shell of what he should be.

fyi, howden is a smooth -16 for his "career" with a s% of 9. hes shown me zero. last year, he was straight up bad. i mean, awful. fo% under 50. shooting @ 8% and a smooth -16

hes considerably worse at face-offs this season than strome and imo, a worse defender and so if he doesn't score or "make kakko and CK score more" (good luck with that) that line will get roasted.

its been 3 games. keep the lines as is for atleast 5 perhaps 10 games and see what we have before we shake it up.

quinn :huh:

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
its 3 games. we've played 3 games. thats it.

howden has 1 goal and strome has none. wow. brett is certainly outplaying stromer.

they each have 1 point and howden has 1 more shot. again, hes really earning that shot.

im asking what has howden done to bump strome down after 3 freekin games ?

kreider is the problem on that line and so i dont believe 21 or 16 are the issue anyway. CK has been abysmal. hes been a boat anchor for that line. hes done zilch and hes in a CONTRACT YEAR ?!!!!

guys a shell of what he should be.

fyi, howden is a smooth -16 for his "career" with a s% of 9. hes shown me zero. last year, he was straight up bad. i mean, awful. fo% under 50. shooting @ 8% and a smooth -16

hes considerably worse at face-offs this season than strome and imo, a worse defender and so if he doesn't score or "make kakko and CK score more" (good luck with that) that line will get roasted.

its been 3 games. keep the lines as is for atleast 5 perhaps 10 games and see what we have before we shake it up.

quinn :huh:
Both Kreider and Strome can be the problem on that line at the same time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad