Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If they get a second for him I'll be thrilled.

Unless some team is really in love with him, no way they get a second

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Good analysis. Add to this that Detroit had Lias pegged as their first round pick until the Rangers traded in front of them. Different GM but same Euro scout.

I’ll cut my losses and take a second or perhaps a player.

Good job. This is the first case where someone has put forth a legitimate case for why a team might be willing to give up a 2nd for him — without any wishful thinking or hyperbole.

I was trying to channel my inner RB. Words. Sentences. Periods. Names. Google.

I am still upset we never signed Paul Ranger

Same. He was a good player too. I remember TSN had a documentary about him a few years ago but I never watched it. Wonder why he just, left the NHL....

If they get a second for him I'll be thrilled.

Unless some team is really in love with him, no way they get a second

Value. According to math guru WNGAGC, only 11% of 2nd rounders become good NHL players, and it could be years down the road until that pick plays in this league. Lias can potentially be ready in a year if he gets his shit together. He’s still very young. And despite the ‘17 draft being pretty crappy, Lias was a solid prospect and still has the potential to be an effective NHL player (imo).

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Same. He was a good player too. I remember TSN had a documentary about him a few years ago but I never watched it. Wonder why he just, left the NHL....
The answer was in the documentary. He had crippling anxiety.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Andersson will be one of the few gripes I have with DQ
He sucked in the ahl too...is that Quinn's fault?

Chytil and Lindgren didn't make the team...they both busted their asses and became integral parts of the team.

Lias' issues aren't Quinn....his issues are his brains and feet. He's such a lazy player whenever I've seen him.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Can’t skate. That’s really all there is to it. Certainly not at an nhl or even an AHL level. I remember seeing 4th line ahlers catch him from behind.

and we all saw it clear as day in Traverse City. That’s how unbelievably noticeable it was compared to his peers at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->