Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Also interesting if Lindy Ruff liked what he saw from Lias, if he did maybe they want to trade for him.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also he’ll never get a “fair” (I’ll use the term fair sparingly) shot with Quinn here. Bad mouthing the coach publicly just adds another hurdle to his path to the NHL here

You can believe in a meritocracy all you want, but at the end of the day coaches play favorites and have long memories.
When did Lias badmouth Quinn?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The year overseas starts before the nhl right? So this likely was always the plan but he can still be traded and recalled by that team

Correct. With the NHL season only starting in December, and the AHL season not even confirmed yet, this is the way to go for all our EU players in the AHL. I expect Reunanen to do the same. I would hope they find a solution for Kravtsov. He himself mentioned playing in even Finland or Switzerland if the KHL is not an option

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
Lias had his issues but he was absolutely within his right to bad mouth Quinn. Quinn was a total low life with Lias. Lias completely outplayed Howden in the pre-season and Quinn rewarded Howden with more icetime game 1 of the season. A terrible message to send to Lias and all young players on the team that camp and the pre-season means nothing and the coach will play favorites. It probably was the dumbest thing Quinn has done as a coach here other than play Smith. I do think Lias would have screwed his chance up anyway as it has become clear that he wasn't mentally ready for the NHL.

I think it would be a big mistake to move Lias without letting him have a real shot to redeem himself. We need another Fast on this team. Fast is not staying here. Some team will give him 4 million and the Rangers can't. I think with his head on straight and lower expectations, Lias can fill that role.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Lias had his issues but he was absolutely within his right to bad mouth Quinn. Quinn was a total low life with Lias. Lias completely outplayed Howden in the pre-season and Quinn rewarded Howden with more icetime game 1 of the season. A terrible message to send to Lias and all young players on the team that camp and the pre-season means nothing and the coach will play favorites. It probably was the dumbest thing Quinn has done as a coach here other than play Smith. I do think Lias would have screwed his chance up anyway as it has become clear that he wasn't mentally ready for the NHL.

I think it would be a big mistake to move Lias without letting him have a real shot to redeem himself. We need another Fast on this team. Fast is not staying here. Some team will give him 4 million and the Rangers can't. I think with his head on straight and lower expectations, Lias can fill that role.
No team is giving Fast 4 million lol.The rest of your post is a classic example of"lets blame the coach and everyone else and not the player"

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Lias called out how the decisions were made for the roster and he thought he should have been given more of a chance because of his preseason play

I mean let’s be real here, if that’s not a shot at Quinn indirectly, I don’t know what is.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
He didn't. He doesn't have a problem with Quinn. He has a problem with how they handled the situation surrounding his injuries while in Hartford.
If he thought his injuries were mishandled by the team then he should have filed a grievance. Instead of complaining about it in weird interviews.

Has anyone other than the player himself supported the idea that his injury was not handled properly? Honest question.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Other teams when deciding if they want to trade for him probably will want to know how serous and determined is he to play in NHL or does it seem like he is so happy and comfortable in SHL that he wants to spend his career there?

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Lias called out how the decisions were made for the roster and he thought he should have been given more of a chance because of his preseason play

I mean let’s be real here, if that’s not a shot at Quinn indirectly, I don’t know what is.
This is a stretch. He should have that attitude. I'd imagine the coach would actively encourage it as well.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
This is a stretch. He should have that attitude. I'd imagine the coach would actively encourage it as well.

It depends how he goes/went about it, but I agree at least in theory. Multiple parties share blame for the whole situation, and while Lias is certainly one and arguably the biggest, he is not the only person

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If we are getting into the Lias thing again I'll just say he never showed enough to force anyone to keep him here. The difference between how he handled the demotion and how Chytil did is night and day and how Fil did it was what most gms and coaches expect someone to do in that circumstance and the proper path to earning your ice time.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
The Kings have 3 2nd round picks this year. 35, 48 and 59. Lias’s father is a European scout for LA. They drafted Jacob Moverare a few years ago who’s also a former teammate and close friend of Lias.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Gorton and Blake had a discussion about a possible trade.

The Wings have a pair of 2nd round picks this draft. 46 and 53. I recall Custance saying the Wings liked Andersson a lot in the ‘17 draft and were prepared to take him at 9. Hakan Andersson is the director of European scouting and has probably watched plenty of Lias over the years.

I can see LA and Detroit having interest for the right cost.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The Kings have 3 2nd round picks this year. 35, 48 and 59. Lias’s father is a European scout for LA. They drafted Jacob Moverare a few years ago who’s also a former teammate and close friend of Lias.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Gorton and Blake had a discussion about a possible trade.

The Wings have a pair of 2nd round picks this draft. 46 and 53. I recall Custance saying the Wings liked Andersson a lot in the ‘17 draft and were prepared to take him at 9. Hakan Andersson is the director of European scouting and has probably watched plenty of Lias over the years.

Good analysis. Add to this that Detroit had Lias pegged as their first round pick until the Rangers traded in front of them. Different GM but same Euro scout.

I’ll cut my losses and take a second or perhaps a player.

Reactions: UnSandvich
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Good job. This is the first case where someone has put forth a legitimate case for why a team might be willing to give up a 2nd for him — without any wishful thinking or hyperbole.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
and there's Vanvouver too, reportedly Lias is buds w Elias P
i could see Kole Lind as a NorthSouth wing Quinn would like, with some scoring upside
he was with Canucks for their recent camp, but not included with the group to Edmonton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad