Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
I wanted to give Lias the benefit of the doubt, the Rangers handled him poorly and rushed him, zero doubt about that. But if there is a trend with the 2017 and 2018 picks, it’s that they went for two entitled kids, and it surly doesn’t look great now. It’ll be good for him to stay home, the season will start on time and he can get his confidence back and play in a strong league. He’ll either be back for the 2021-22 season in camp stronger and more mature, we might have some openings at the point anyway. Or he’ll be expansion draft bait instead. Whatever but kind of sour now on our recent 1st round drafting, good thing they couldn’t mess up the Kakko pick.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I wanted to give Lias the benefit of the doubt, the Rangers handled him poorly and rushed him, zero doubt about that. But if there is a trend with the 2017 and 2018 picks, it’s that they went for two entitled kids, and it surly doesn’t look great now. It’ll be good for him to stay home, the season will start on time and he can get his confidence back and play in a strong league. He’ll either be back for the 2021-22 season in camp stronger and more mature, we might have some openings at the point anyway. Or he’ll be expansion draft bait instead. Whatever but kind of sour now on our recent 1st round drafting, good thing they couldn’t mess up the Kakko pick.

Give it time.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Give it time.

Thank goodness the Rangers picked second instead of first that year. Kakko was the entire planet's consensus pick when the Rangers stepped up to the podium, and will never be a bad pick even if he ends up a pumpkin.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thank goodness the Rangers picked second instead of first that year. Kakko was the entire planet's consensus pick when the Rangers stepped up to the podium, and will never be a bad pick even if he ends up a pumpkin.

And if that happens we will still see complaints how we didn't pick Turcotte/Dach/Cozens/Zegras/whoever turns into a star. You know it haha

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I would have liked to see him come to camp and fight for a spot; we could really use a good bottom-six player on an ELC.

That said, given the uncertainty around the start of next season, I guess this makes sense. Makes me wonder if we ever see him again, though.

Reactions: Trxjw and Leetch3

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Nah, someone will push the narrative that the whole scouting staff had Zegras at #2 but Gordie Clark "just had to be the smartest guy in the room" and went off the board.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's very possible that the "make up" between Lias and the organization was actually more of an agreement to just carry on as if everything is fine so as to not missile any remaining value that he has.

I'm sure they would both love for a trade to be worked out, and it's possible he never comes back to North America as a member of the Rangers.

Reactions: jas

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's very possible that the "make up" between Lias and the organization was actually more of an agreement to just carry on as if everything is fine so as to not missile any remaining value that he has.

I'm sure they would both love for a trade to be worked out, and it's possible he never comes back to North America as a member of the Rangers.
This has been my assumption since the "reconciliation." They play nice, pretend things are fine to maintain his value, while the team looks for a deal.

I was hoping that Lias instead would decide he legitimately wanted to come back and compete, but the "maintain appearances" angle just makes too much sense.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
This has been my assumption since the "reconciliation." They play nice, pretend things are fine to maintain his value, while the team looks for a deal.

I was hoping that Lias instead would decide he legitimately wanted to come back and compete, but the "maintain appearances" angle just makes too much sense.

Yeah, I'd like for him come back and try at some point as well.

From what we've seen of the kid though, I suspect he is stubborn to a fault. If he doesn't want to ever come back right now, he probably won't change his mind.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA

That’s almost assuredly what’s happening

Make no mistake Gorton will dump this kid the moment he gets a deal he likes. What will most likely happen is he’ll be a throw in for a bigger trade

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

its possible but we will never know because any potential plans changed with Covid and next season starting late.

if we were getting ready for a regular camp in September I think lundkvist, rykov, Tarmo and probably lias would all be here trying to make the team. But with the current situation it makes sense to leave them all over there...and I’d be looking into options for other top prospects to make sure that they get to play somewhere

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also he’ll never get a “fair” (I’ll use the term fair sparingly) shot with Quinn here. Bad mouthing the coach publicly just adds another hurdle to his path to the NHL here

You can believe in a meritocracy all you want, but at the end of the day coaches play favorites and have long memories.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Is it though, given the stunning variety in post intelligence among you folks?

us folks? seems like the problem is with the likes of you that lumps posters they disagree with into one category. Just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn't make them wrong and it definitely doesn't make them less intelligent.

Reactions: egelband

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Lias has more to lose than to gain returning to the Rangers. He understands that coaches, fans, teammates can turn on him very quickly if something goes wrong.

I hope we can get a 2nd rounder for him and he can have a fresh start somewhere else.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
us folks? seems like the problem is with the likes of you that lumps posters they disagree with into one category. Just because you disagree with what someone says, doesn't make them wrong and it definitely doesn't make them less intelligent.

Oh, it's not all posters I disagree with. Just 2 or 3. You and Bern for instance are far different. Moreover, it depends on the subject. Someone can post something I completely agree with on one topic, and then post utter idiocy on another

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Who do you actually think will give us a second for him?

right now maybe some rebuilding team that has lots of draft picks like Kings or Senators or Red Wings. But if he has a great start to the season there might be more teams interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad