Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Gauthier i'll excuse due to small sample size, but Lemieux's got 4 points since before Christmas, and both Howden and McKegg routinely look like the worst player on their respective lines

Points are not remotely what I'm talking about. And my point was that Gauthier has been good as a 4th liner. So have McKegg and Howden. "Worst" is a relative term that has no meaning here.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I think like most young players Andersson had games where he looked good on the line he was on and others where it looked like he was feeling his way through it. I’ll say he looked fairly good and confident on the PK when given that assignment.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Not sure what you mean exactly, but the swedish person in my head says the "a" faster and cleaner.

I think it’s onomatopoetic, a word that imitate a sound, kind of like boom, bark or honk, ouch and so forth.

Smack is heroine in English right, but in Swedish it’s a common onomatopoeic word, kind of like “bang, he roofed it”... ;)

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
I think it’s onomatopoetic, a word that imitate a sound, kind of like boom, bark or honk, ouch and so forth.

Smack is heroine in English right, but in Swedish it’s a common onomatopoeic word, kind of like “bang, he roofed it”... ;)
It's a little different, the English pronunciation is more like Smääck and the Swedish more like Smahck.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Points are not remotely what I'm talking about. And my point was that Gauthier has been good as a 4th liner. So have McKegg and Howden. "Worst" is a relative term that has no meaning here.

Okay, then I'll counter. They have not been"good" 4th liners. They have been bad 4th liners. Howden and McKegg have actively dragged the team's overall performance down this season. Which, in Howden's case, is a continuation of his play last season

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon

.......... more clarifications: I'm from Germany. The word is onomatopoeic and it is also used as such in German. I did not think of heroin ...

Also I'd argue a word can be onomatopoeic, doesn't have to be necessarily pronounces as such in different languages. ;)

Reactions: Ola

Athor

Sep 25, 2019
With his goal today, Lias sits at 12th league-wide in points/game. Goes up to 9th if you make the Games Played requirement equal to 13+ games, or 10th if you make it 2+

EDIT: Among U30 players, he's 8th in P/GP, 6th if you ignore Wilsby and Carenfelt (each of whom has 1 GP)

Small grain of salt. 2 of his goals have been penalty shots. Another one he played with a high stick & the defender proceeded to bat it into his own net. At least 1 assist that didn't go where he intended either.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Small grain of salt. 2 of his goals have been penalty shots. Another one he played with a high stick & the defender proceeded to bat it into his own net. At least 1 assist that didn't go where he intended either.

Any one know the penalty shot rules over there? Did he actually draw those penalty shots or its anyone on the ice can take them?

Athor

Sep 25, 2019
That's not uncommon for offensively engaged players. You can do small grain of salt things for Zibanejad if you wanted to.

We're talking about 1/3 of his points & those being used as a comparative rate statistic. Of course every player is going to have some good bounces.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Any one know the penalty shot rules over there? Did he actually draw those penalty shots or its anyone on the ice can take them?

I was looking for info on that, but couldn't find anything. I'd guess either's okay though. He's either directly drawing penalty shots, or is trusted (despite playing only 14 games) to be THE GUY for that

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I was looking for info on that, but couldn't find anything. I'd guess either's okay though. He's either directly drawing penalty shots, or is trusted (despite playing only 14 games) to be THE GUY for that

I agree, but I would definitely prefer him being the one drawing them. If hes just the one getting nominated I can at least understand why someone would want to put an asterisk on it though.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I agree, but I would definitely prefer him being the one drawing them. If hes just the one getting nominated I can at least understand why someone would want to put an asterisk on it though.

Still has to convert, and penalty shot percentages aren't exactly high.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
Still has to convert, and penalty shot percentages aren't exactly high.

I agree again. But it is fair to point out he wouldn't be getting those same opportunities if he comes back to the NHL (if he was just taking them, but not drawing the actual penalty.)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
LA didn't stand out ever this year in the NHL. Every single other person on the team, except maybe Haley, has had some standout moments. Howden looks like crap most of the time and then you see a spurt and he's got a goal. McKegg forchecks like a mad man, finds soft spots in front of the net, which in conjunction with his completely shitty stick handling, passing, and balance, leads to overall minimal impact. But yet he stands out for what he does well. Lias didn't drag anyone down really, but he looked completely invisible. I'd rather see mistakes like Kakko but then the standout plays that make you say 'ahh, that's why we drafted this guy'. Even if he was coached to be safer, I still want to see a moment or two where he makes a nice D play in the O zone causing a turnover and scoring chance and makes you smile. Just never happened for him this year.

Reactions: haveandare

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Rip off the band aid and just say it the guy is a 100% stone cold bust . It happens , probably to us more in the top 10 then others but it happens .

Tossed Medal

Jan 23, 2020
Fails to produce or impress at all against NHL competition outside of preseason . Isn’t dominant in the Ahl . Quits the AHL . Universally accepted his game lacks NHL pace due to slow skating . None of these observations are premature . Crazy how so many people are Lias apologists . Hive mind that Lias is some great prospect and DQ just hates him . The guy skates like a beer leaguer . At least Derek Stepan who was slow played a super cerebral game and could stay on his feet .

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fails to produce or impress at all against NHL competition outside of preseason . Isn’t dominant in the Ahl . Quits the AHL . Universally accepted his game lacks NHL pace due to slow skating . None of these observations are premature . Crazy how so many people are Lias apologists . Hive mind that Lias is some great prospect and DQ just hates him . The guy skates like a beer leaguer . At least Derek Stepan who was slow played a super cerebral game and could stay on his feet .

I think you're venturing into "WeNeverGetaGood" parody territory.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How many guys drafted after Andersson (I know Chytil) have played more than 66 NHL games?
Necas and Suzuki (barely), Mittelstadt, Robert Thomas, Chytil, Jokiharju. A couple others, Bemstrom and Ferraro, may get there before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->