Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
giphy.gif

Who was that lucky guy? How much he got paid to do that?

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
He's only 21. His body language already looks better than when he was with the team a few months ago. I believe he will be back in the NHL at some point. I also think he should be tried at wing. You may very well see a scenario next season where the third line is Lemieux-Chytil-Kravtsov/Kakko, and the fourth line could be Lias-Howden-Fast. I would also not be opposed to playing Lias and Chytil together at some point during training camp. The tough love phase is over, now let's hope his mind was refreshed because I still think he can be very useful for us.

Reactions: belford22 and Cag29

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I think the Rock also got a face full of Rikishi ass at some point. I watched this during childhood and I didn't get it then and I definitely don't get it now.
Must've been during one of Rock's heel turns. This was Rock and Rikishi getting revenge on McMahon during the "kiss my ass club" storyline.

Reactions: Rongomania

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I'm feeling like he might make a return here. Knowing what I know about John Davidson I'd say he would be able to smooth this over. Lias must know by now his value is so low NY can't justify moving him. He should tuck his tail and come back.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I'm feeling like he might make a return here. Knowing what I know about John Davidson I'd say he would be able to smooth this over. Lias must know by now his value is so low NY can't justify moving him. He should tuck his tail and come back.

Why should he? He'd be making 70k before taxes, escrow, and agent fees if he's stuck in HFD, so unless he's got some type of guarantee he'll be in the NHL, he's probably making more money playing in Sweden

EDIT: To be clear, my hope is in fact that JD can make things happen and bring him into the fold. Kid's playing well in Sweden, and it's distinctly possible that he just needed a full reset on the season. I think long-term, he's our 3C of the future if he continues playing at this level, and his foot injury/injuries heal fully

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Why should he? He'd be making 70k before taxes, escrow, and agent fees if he's stuck in HFD, so unless he's got some type of guarantee he'll be in the NHL, he's probably making more money playing in Sweden

EDIT: To be clear, my hope is in fact that JD can make things happen and bring him into the fold. Kid's playing well in Sweden, and it's distinctly possible that he just needed a full reset on the season. I think long-term, he's our 3C of the future if he continues playing at this level, and his foot injury/injuries heal fully

Because if he stays in SEL he is stalling his already tenuous career. He's already proved he can play there,he needs to prove he is an NHL player. If he plays well enough to be an NHL player they will have him in the NHL, if he isn't an NHL player then I guess just stay where you are.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

I have a feeling the 2 sides are done with each other. I want Lias traded in the summer. waiting another year would hurt his value because at age 22/23 he will lose value. The team trading for him would want to develop him in NHL at this point, not wait for him to play another year in Sweden.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It'd be nice if the 2 sides could hash out their differences.

Hes gotten a raw deal here with Quinn so perhaps that bridge is just a pile of ash now, but we could really use the type of player he projects to be.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

Hes gotten a raw deal here with Quinn so perhaps that bridge is just a pile of ash now, but we could really use the type of player he projects to be.

I am not even sure what type of player he is projected to be anymore. He turned most of the projections upside down.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

A raw deal, how? He didn’t show the ability to be a regular NHL player so he was sent down for further development. What does he project to be? If he can be a bottom 6 guy or traded for one then that a win at this point.

Reactions: Inferno

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
At the end of the day for a 21 year old top 10 pick if he can’t produce at the SHL level there really isn’t much lower for him to go. So this shouldn’t be exciting it should be considered the minimum requirement for him to continue as a pro hockey player. I don’t think his value is growing outside of the org. His best chance is to mend fences with NYR show up to training camp ready to compete. Otherwise stay in Europe and make a nice career out of it over there. Still some money to be made.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
At the end of the day for a 21 year old top 10 pick if he can’t produce at the SHL level there really isn’t much lower for him to go. So this shouldn’t be exciting it should be considered the minimum requirement for him to continue as a pro hockey player. I don’t think his value is growing outside of the org. His best chance is to mend fences with NYR show up to training camp ready to compete. Otherwise stay in Europe and make a nice career out of it over there. Still some money to be made.

I would bet good money that there are currently a multitude of NHL players who would struggle to put up the same number of points Lias has in his short time in the SHL. This isn't the ECHL we're talking about.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I would bet good money that there are currently a multitude of NHL players who would struggle to put up the same number of points Lias has in his short time in the SHL. This isn't the ECHL we're talking about.

I think if Andersson cured cancer right now, we'd still have to throw a "yeah, but" into the sentence.

I get it. Some people don't like the pick. That's cool. The way he left was not cool. Totally understood.

But at some point, everything he's doing needn't require a qualifier. It's like people literally go out of their way to remind us that they've never been big fans, as if anyone could possibly forget.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think if Andersson cured cancer right now, we'd still have to throw a "yeah, but" into the sentence.

I get it. Some people don't like the pick. That's cool. The way he left was not cool. Totally understood.

But at some point, everything he's doing needn't require a qualifier. It's like people literally go out of their way to remind us that they've never been big fans, as if anyone could possibly forget.
I think the other side of the coin is also there. He hasn’t done anything to prove he belongs in our organization @ the pro level. He can play there and we knew that. But playing in Sweden & having a ‘nice little pro career there’ holds zero value to the NYR and we as fans.

He was our highest pick in a while to that point and we all had hoped that he would be a key piece moving forward and the disappointment there will linger no matter what because of the other massive misses in Top-10s we’ve had over the years (decades).

Reactions: Inferno

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

yes, he basically restored some of the value he lost. But it will take a team that really wants him to get us good return back.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think the other side of the coin is also there. He hasn’t done anything to prove he belongs in our organization @ the pro level. He can play there and we knew that. But playing in Sweden & having a ‘nice little pro career there’ holds zero value to the NYR and we as fans.

He was our highest pick in a while to that point and we all had hoped that he would be a key piece moving forward and the disappointment there will linger no matter what because of the other massive misses in Top-10s we’ve had over the years (decades).

I get that, but at what point is that understood and does it not have to be the "yeah but" in every conversation?

I think it stands out more because it's not a new thing either. It's existing in one form or another, literally, since 2017. So it kind of becomes like the boy who cried wolf a little bit for some people.

"Well, I'm only saying this because of x, y, and z."

"Well, no. You were doing the same thing in 2017, or 2018, or 2019. So it's not just because of this x, y, and z. It's you literally seeking out any opportunity to do so."

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t think anyone doubted that he could play at the SHL level. He did it as a barely 18 year old centering a second line on a championship level team. So going back as a 21 year old and putting up points isn’t going to turn any heads.

it’s can he play at an NHL pace. That’s all anyone cares about on this side of the pond. Until and or if he ever proves that remains to be seen. So far he hasn’t.

Reactions: Inferno and Riche16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->