Recalled/Assigned: Lias Andersson - Part III (Loaned to SHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
If Sean Avery could have a 30 point season, there are people who would welcome him back. Hell, I would welcome back 55(+) year old John Ogrodnick if he could pot 30. All Lias has to do is be Manny Malhotra on an ELC and he will be welcomed back with open arms. That would be a very useful player for this team. Don't let the frustration stunt your game, let it fuel your game. Take it out on the other team LA.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
If he and Chytil can lock down the 2 & 3C positions next season (and play to the level needed for that), this team will be in a much better situation going forward. I think Kravtsov + Lias could be a decent combo next season on the 3rd line, something about their playstyles just suggests to me they'd feed off each other.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
he still wants out right? I would be shocked if he is here past the NHL Draft. unless he announces that he wants to stay here

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
We invested a lot in him so we should see if he can work his way back here. Look he is never gonna be the top 6 Center most likely but hey if he works his way back and can be a good number 3 C then it’s worth it

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I’d be curious to see how many people would welcome him back if he shows he can be a useful player for the team.

I personally would.
Why wouldn’t anyone? This is just an abstract thing, sports on tv.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah the kid did some stupid **** and then made it worse by saying stupid ****, but he's not a criminal or anything. If he can play, I'd take him back yesterday. Like if he could become a legit 3C? That would be sweet.
The only players I truly dislike are the sociopath headshot artists. And maybe John Druce.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Welcoming him with open arms? f*** no. But if comes back humble, hassles his ass off in whatever role he’s given and keeps his mouth shut? Yeah, sure I will not bring up the past and see how he does in the present, but realistically if he has an NHL future it will be elsewhere.

BTW, if we’re going back to comparing him to Howden then I’d put it this way - the only part of Howden’s game that as bad as Lias’ as of right now is being soft on the puck as @eco's bones noted. Similarly, I’m glad Howden was moved to the wing and IMHO it is also the only position for Andersson where he could become an NHLer. He doesn’t think the game fast enough to be a top-9 center (even compared to Howden).

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lias Andersson finding joy in hockey again in Sweden - Forever Blueshirts: Best source for New York Rangers news, analysis and trade rumors

This is messed up the guy barely started his professional hockey career and he lost his joy in hockey. He starting to remind me of Lyashenko.

Yeah, I didn't see anything in that article about "finding joy in hockey again". The only thing that was close was saying he was comfortable there with teammates that he knows from a few years ago.

But hey, look how a change of scenery helped Ryan O'Reilly, who did in fact say he lost his joy in hockey playing in Buffalo. Sometimes a change is needed

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Did someone teach him to skate all of a sudden? Because that would be really The only reason I’d want him back

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
If he and Chytil can lock down the 2 & 3C positions next season (and play to the level needed for that), this team will be in a much better situation going forward. I think Kravtsov + Lias could be a decent combo next season on the 3rd line, something about their playstyles just suggests to me they'd feed off each other.
I actually don't think their playstyles line up. I think eventually kratsov and chytil are a combo, and I could see andersson and maybe lemeiux. Andersson is never gonna carry a line but give him some guys who can cycle with him and that could be a line that scores some dirty goals and tires out a team.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I actually don't think their playstyles line up. I think eventually kratsov and chytil are a combo, and I could see andersson and maybe lemeiux. Andersson is never gonna carry a line but give him some guys who can cycle with him and that could be a line that scores some dirty goals and tires out a team.

That's certainly another way the team could go about things. However, in the Kravtsov/Andersson combo, i'm viewing Andersson as the cash-in guy of the line, hovering around the net for rebounds or cross-ice feeds from Kravtsov. (just theory in my head at the moment though)

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
That's certainly another way the team could go about things. However, in the Kravtsov/Andersson combo, i'm viewing Andersson as the cash-in guy of the line, hovering around the net for rebounds or cross-ice feeds from Kravtsov. (just theory in my head at the moment though)
I can see that, and that's who's mostly played with kratsov in the khl. But I think giving kratsov a guy like chytil with speed and skill and watching them run together in a top 6. With potentially Mika and kakko on our first(eventually).
Both of those require jumps by players so it's just a wish right now.

Reactions: UnSandvich

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I can see that, and that's who's mostly played with kratsov in the khl. But I think giving kratsov a guy like chytil with speed and skill and watching them run together in a top 6. With potentially Mika and kakko on our first(eventually).
Both of those require jumps by players so it's just a wish right now.

Chytil and Kravtsov definitely complement each other's playstyles, at least according to what reports we had from training camp. So i'm all for that

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Andersson still represents what would be a very welcomed addition even as a 3rd line center or winger. He plays with an edge and wants to make a difference every shift. I do think he got shafted a bit but I also don't like the way he responded. In fairness to him, we still don't have the entire story so while it's easy to judge from our couches, we should keep that in mind.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. He'd fill a pretty big need for this team

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Andersson still represents what would be a very welcomed addition even as a 3rd line center or winger. He plays with an edge and wants to make a difference every shift. I do think he got shafted a bit but I also don't like the way he responded. In fairness to him, we still don't have the entire story so while it's easy to judge from our couches, we should keep that in mind.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. He'd fill a pretty big need for this team

I cannot get into his mind to know what he wants but from watching him play - when did he play with an edge and actually was making a difference every shift????

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad