Player Discussion Lias Andersson: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
During the 2nd intermission today in the game between Frölunda and Luleå, Lias Andersson was interviewed about the World Championships. The expectation is that he's on the team, despite serving a 4-game suspension to start the tournament. Pretty crazy

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
During the 2nd intermission today in the game between Frölunda and Luleå, Lias Andersson was interviewed about the World Championships. The expectation is that he's on the team, despite serving a 4-game suspension to start the tournament. Pretty crazy
That's not what he said. He said he's probably not going to play because of the suspension and he has not been asked by Grönborg.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That's not what he said. He said he's probably not going to play because of the suspension and he has not been asked by Grönborg.

Ah. Thanks. I rewatched it several times and thought I interpreted it correctly. I guess I was wrong haha.

I thought it was weird he was a candidate for the NT with the suspension and how his season progressed.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
upload_2019-4-14_13-37-37.png

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Schenn’s a good comp, I still feel like he’s Kadri, but it’s the same ball park

I'll match your Schenn and Kadri, and raise with:
cut.jpg

;)

And if you want to get even closer, make it a mix of the above guy and this guy:
sundstrom_kopia.jpg

Thoughts? ;)

The first one is too easy, I recon, but let me know if you need any hints on the lower guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
I loved Sundstrom. Not as much as most of the women I knew loved Sundstrom, but I was a fan.

But I still dont see the comparison to LA. Sundstrom was like a poor mans Lehtinen while Lias is more like a poor mans Tikannen.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lias Andersson was interviewed and has said he bought an apartment in Göteborg so he's prepared for an eventual lock out :laugh:

Can one of the Swedish guys here translate further?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Ah. Thanks. I rewatched it several times and thought I interpreted it correctly. I guess I was wrong haha.

I thought it was weird he was a candidate for the NT with the suspension and how his season progressed.

Your original post actually made sense. Lias will have to serve his suspension eventually if he ever for Sweden, no?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Your original post actually made sense. Lias will have to serve his suspension eventually if he ever for Sweden, no?

Yes. Initially, he was given a suspension for the World Juniors, but then the IIHF recovered from their hangover and realized Lias wasn't eligible for the World Juniors anyway. By then it was too late to have the suspension carry over to the men's World Championships, so he played in that tournament last year. His suspension was moved to the 2019 IIHF WM

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Sorry I missed this. Wow I had a, similar reaction, "this isn't going to end well" lol

Yeah. It was awful and said it on the night.

Reasons Pierre compared Lias Andersson to Jesper Fast:

- Both are Swedish
- Both played for HV71 in their draft year
- Both drafted by the Rangers

That's it. That's all. I guess Kaapo Kakko is similar to Patrik Virta when we draft him in June

Reactions: Miamipuck

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think Andersson has the most to gain if Kreider is traded. He should be the 'main net front presence' on PP1.

I'd personally tell him 2C is his to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad