LiAngelo Ball works out for Lakers in front of Lonzo

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not shocking he sucks

And the youngest brother doesn't appear to believe defense or teammates are a part of game of basketball and likely wont find an NBA future at rate things are going with his dad running his career by pulling him out of high school and then sinking his pro career in Europe (Though he certainly wasn't showing much of a future playing in low level league to begin with)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
What is so special about this? Only that his brother is in LA Lakers?

Well, don't you know according to Lavar, all three of them are going to end up playing for the Lakers, and create a Ball dynasty.

I honestly hope he doesn't still believe this, but that was the game plan for Papa Ball. Dollar signs in his eyes and everything. :laugh:

Of course, this is the guy who also said he'd school Jordan 1 on 1, so....yeah. Just a wee bit crackerjacks there.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm honestly worried about what LaVar is going to do when his middle son doesn't get anywhere close to an NBA team. Probably going to try stirring up some drama with Lakers management.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
liangelo sucks and won't get anywhere near the NBA. at best he'll spend a little time in the g-league riding the bench before heading off to japan or china

lamelo has a far better shot at the NBA but even with him i see g-league as the most realistic scenario

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
liangelo sucks and won't get anywhere near the NBA. at best he'll spend a little time in the g-league riding the bench before heading off to japan or china

lamelo has a far better shot at the NBA but even with him i see g-league as the most realistic scenario
Any chance LaMelo had in the NBA was effectively destroyed when LaVar shipped him off to play basketball in a Lithuanian men’s league, something that any 16-year old kid wouldn’t fare well in.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Doubt Liangelo is even talented enough o make it in China and doubt Chinese teams will want him given the theft scandal which would be back in news in China and not go over well

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Not shocking he sucks

And the youngest brother doesn't appear to believe defense or teammates are a part of game of basketball and likely wont find an NBA future at rate things are going with his dad running his career by pulling him out of high school and then sinking his pro career in Europe (Though he certainly wasn't showing much of a future playing in low level league to begin with)

Naw, the youngest kid is a special talent. The only question is if his attitude/effort problems and Lavars idiocy will hold him back. To me he has the talent to be lottery pick. Similar size and handles to Lonzo, worse (but still good) passing, natural shooter in a way Lonzo will never be, more dynamic natural athlete. If he adds some strength he could be a good defender. With proper development has the talent to at least start in the league at the 2. Lavar being an all time dumbass means he might not have a pro career at all.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
The right development path for Liangelo should have been four years in college. He can shoot pretty well right now, it's about rounding out the rest of his game. He may not have been a guy that really played minutes for UCLA until his upperclassmen seasons, but to me had he done it the right way instead of the idiot Lavar way he may have been able to find a role that fit him and gave him an NBA career as a bench player. Oh well, too late now. Off to stocking groceries.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'd love to see this happen, it will be the greatest train wreck ever. The father will still think he is doing nothing wrong and will blame everyone except his sons for why the Lakers finished the upcoming season with a 38-44 record.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad