Status
Not open for further replies.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Okay, he's 7th in the OHL in scoring...yeah that's right, 7th! Ahead of Wolski, McGrath and Platt.

4th round sleeper pick by the Oilers is carrying the Petes it seems. I only say that because I really have no idea if he is playing as well as his stats suggest. From what I see, he doesnt have the greatest supporting cast.

I saw him score the game winner last night. It looks like he is oozing confidence.

Anyone get to see this guy play? He has 14 points in his last 7 games.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
He's doing well, but from what we hear, he could even be doing better. In Guy's article, one scout says: "It’s not uncommon after a draft to see a slowdown year; like a sophomore jinx,†said one scout. “It’s not like he’s struggling that bad but he’s not doing a lot of the things that he was doing that made him successful. He’s failing to get his legs moving."

He's not as small as some people think, and he's pretty feisty. Hopefully he keeps it up, or turns it on more.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
He's always been one of the best players in his draft class. In his OHL draft year, he was one of the most talented prospects out there but was rated behind guys like McGrath, Wolski, Berti etc. largely due to size. (I think he was taken in the 2nd or 3rd round of the OHL draft)

In his rookie year though, he showed he was unquestionably one of the top players from the Ontario '86 group. Whether that is going to translate into success in the NHL remains to be seen (he has grown and is probably close to 5'11) but he has the skill.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
From the highlights I have seen he actually reminds me a lot of Comrie, He isn't the best skater but he has some slick moves, a pretty decent shot, but more then that he seems to go to where the puck will be. I am glad he has picked his game up after a slow start to the season.

Looks like a good 4th round pick :)

GorillazXL

Jun 21, 2003
Vancouver, BC
Visit site
Yeah its nice he's chalking up points. But I don't think scoring was ever a huge problem with him (I think he lead the 17 under last spring in scoring) for me I would like to see more of a fiesty play (atleast from the game I saw him play).

Mike Comrie/Mike Callermari are good comparism, but another Mike that I hope he will develop into is Mike York. He needs to improve his defensive game first though. Regardless he's been impressive, and it seems like everytime Guy F writes anything about him, usually a so-so review - he puts up numbers.

here's hoping Guy keeps on writing "ok" news about him. :D

GXL

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
GorillazXL said:
Yeah its nice he's chalking up points. But I don't think scoring was ever a huge problem with him (I think he lead the 17 under last spring in scoring) for me I would like to see more of a fiesty play (atleast from the game I saw him play).

Mike Comrie/Mike Callermari are good comparism, but another Mike that I hope he will develop into is Mike York. He needs to improve his defensive game first though. Regardless he's been impressive, and it seems like everytime Guy F writes anything about him, usually a so-so review - he puts up numbers.

here's hoping Guy keeps on writing "ok" news about him. :D

GXL

That Camalleri comparison is good. Reddox has been dynamite playing on a line with 2005 eligible Daniel Ryder.

Chester89

Aug 29, 2004
With being able to see Reddox on a regular basis (With me living in Peterborough and all) I can assure you this kid has got major talent. Hes a pretty good clutch performer not to mention that your right he doesn't have a *great* supporting cast. But it isn't bad either. With Tardif and Ryder and Williams he has at least a few players who can play with him. I like the look of this kid alot. He has a good eye for the game and a good eye for the puck. I expect some good things from him provided he can hold it all together.

Vomiting Kermit*

s7ark said:
From the highlights I have seen he actually reminds me a lot of Comrie
Comrie from the 2001-02 season? Or Comrie the whining *****? :D

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Chester89 said:
Hes a pretty good clutch performer not to mention that your right he doesn't have a *great* supporting cast. But it isn't bad either. With Tardif and Ryder and Williams he has at least a few players who can play with him.

He has a great supporting cast, the Petes have likely 2 of the most offencive lines in the league (Besides London and OS). As for him playing with Williams, I don't think he's ever played a shift with Williams, and since when is Williams talented? He's a 3rd line checker with absolutely no offencive talent.

Reddox plays on a line, and has always played on a line with Ryder and Kaleta. Except on PP when he plays with Tardif and Morrison.

I read the reports written by the Oilers writers on the Oilers section of HF, and since they have been written Liam has really stepped up, he's scored nearly half of his goals in the last 10 or so games, including 2 OT winners this week, he's looking a lot more impressive. The only knock of course would be size, which is a shame because he is very offencively gifted and has done very well at every level he has played.

Chester89

Aug 29, 2004
Petes1 said:
He has a great supporting cast, the Petes have likely 2 of the most offencive lines in the league (Besides London and OS). As for him playing with Williams, I don't think he's ever played a shift with Williams, and since when is Williams talented? He's a 3rd line checker with absolutely no offencive talent.

Reddox plays on a line, and has always played on a line with Ryder and Kaleta. Except on PP when he plays with Tardif and Morrison.

I read the reports written by the Oilers writers on the Oilers section of HF, and since they have been written Liam has really stepped up, he's scored nearly half of his goals in the last 10 or so games, including 2 OT winners this week, he's looking a lot more impressive. The only knock of course would be size, which is a shame because he is very offencively gifted and has done very well at every level he has played.

Fair enough in the fact that he doesn't play with Williams, however Williams plays his role well. The last few games I have watched he has played that checking role to almost an artform. Just because he doesnt have any offensive talent to speak of (which I never said he did to begin with I merely stated that the team behind Reddox is in fact a very strong one) doesn't mean that he isn't good or an asset to this team.

The team this year is the strongest its been in quite some time. Thats one thing we Both can agree on I would imagine. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->