Liam O'brien & Jack Nevins

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
Do you guys sees some similiraties between those 2 guys?

Same size, same heigh, the two played for the Huskies last year. 159 PIM last year for Nevins, 148 for O'brien! Same amount of points but NEvins took longer to develop.

O'brien is opening eyes in Washington in his role, do you think Nevins can be that kind of guy?

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Guys played a total of 3 NHL games so far. Too early to tell if he is an NHL regular or not.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
O'Brien was plugged into a role a lot of guys that pass through waivers can accomplish. He's a grinder that is willing to fight, talk thrash and get his nose dirty.

He's young, looked great at camp and costs next to nothing. It's not rocket science why he made the Caps. He was a free agent after all! Cost nothing.

O'Brien will never be mistaken for a top young prospect.

Nevins can be in the same boat, he could arguably come in and play for the Habs on their 4th line and do a decent job.

But the Habs have decided to let Nevins get some seasoning in the AHL. Meanwhile, our 4th liners have a ton of experience and can get some good work done on the PK, unlike O'Brien (for now).

Nevins, like to a lesser extent a former prospect of ours Andrew Conboy, would be able to play in the NHL but a young player has got to earn his spot (beat out a veteran) and right now Nevins has not done that in camp the way Liam O'Brien did in Washington. Conboy also could never win a spot in camp.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
I've admittedly seen more of Nevins in the Q but liked what I saw, O'Brien was a suprise for me that he made the Caps but he does have a little bit of talent there, he was lights out back in midget before the Q.

I can see where your coming from with the comparison, similar players too.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
O'Brien was plugged into a role a lot of guys that pass through waivers can accomplish. He's a grinder that is willing to fight, talk thrash and get his nose dirty.

He's young, looked great at camp and costs next to nothing. It's not rocket science why he made the Caps. He was a free agent after all! Cost nothing.

O'Brien will never be mistaken for a top young prospect.

Nevins can be in the same boat, he could arguably come in and play for the Habs on their 4th line and do a decent job.

But the Habs have decided to let Nevins get some seasoning in the AHL. Meanwhile, our 4th liners have a ton of experience and can get some good work done on the PK, unlike O'Brien (for now).

Nevins, like to a lesser extent a former prospect of ours Andrew Conboy, would be able to play in the NHL but a young player has got to earn his spot (beat out a veteran) and right now Nevins has not done that in camp the way Liam O'Brien did in Washington. Conboy also could never win a spot in camp.

nevins has much bigger balls and far more character than conboy - he's also a better fighter than o'brien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad