Value of: LHD to Vegas?

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Vegas already has McNabb/Theodore on left and 2 lefties in Holden and Schmidt playing the right side. I'm guessing this means they'd only be interesting in RHD?

Or do they not care and would be intersted in something along the lines of this with NYR:

To NYR: Alex Tuch, Brayden McNabb, 2020 1st, Cody Eakin
To VGK: Brady Skjei, Pavel Buchnevich, Alexandar Georgiev

To me, this breaks down to something along the lines of:

- Alex Tuch for Brady Skjei. Rangers get someone who can play W on 2nd/3rd line for Brady Skjei. Vegas gets top 4D.
-Brayden McNabb, 2020 1st (lottery protection) for Pavel Buchnevich, Alexandar Georgiev. This may seem steep, but Vegas gets young forward to replace Tuch (though different style), while they get a capable goalie who can win them games when Flower needs a break (Subban has been bad, no?). Rangers get a 1st for losing years (Buch, 24; McNabb 29), while also giving up a solid young goalie.
|- Not a great comparable, but Stepan + Raanta got 7th overall plus DeAngelo. Buchnevich is a winger, and not as established as Stepan, while Georgiev is similar to Raanta but younger (I think). 1st won't be as good as #7 (has protection anyways) and McNabb does not have the potential (or age) DeAngelo did.
- Cody Eakin makes cap work

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
@5cotland check this one out!!! I know you love my Skjei trade ideas!
I know you did this purely for the sake of wasting another thread but my problem with these trades are that they are so common and involve all of the same players and most of the trade offers are ridiculously bad.

The fact its a Rangers post, I feel as a Rangers fan, that I have a right to express my frustration at seeing constant Rangers trade offers which are pretty bad.

Its like the Leafs threads that offer Bracco, Ceci, Johnsson and Kapanen for every player in the league. It is extremely frustrating.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I know you did this purely for the sake of wasting another thread but my problem with these trades are that they are so common and involve all of the same players and most of the trade offers are ridiculously bad.

The fact its a Rangers post, I feel as a Rangers fan, that I have a right to express my frustration at seeing constant Rangers trade offers which are pretty bad.

Its like the Leafs threads that offer Bracco, Ceci, Johnsson and Kapanen for every player in the league. It is extremely frustrating.
I am admittedly bad at evaluating trades as they increase in size, and that's probably because not many trades I propose are not relaistic sizes of what really happens (so theres not much precedent to pull value from).

But your frustration I feel sometimes makes you react in a way that really isn't all that nice. It also clouds judgement because not all of my trade proposals are really off in value, they're just off in what you feel is proper evaluations vs. what I do. In fact, the last thread wasn't even a proposal, it was a question on if a player who I happen to feel should be mvoed, would be of interest to another team based on their situation, but you still managed to blow a gasket over that

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
So Buchnevich gets buried on the 3rd line behind Stone and March Assault, just like Tuch was, with no hope of promotion, barring injury. No point to including him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I am admittedly bad at evaluating trades as they increase in size, and that's probably because not many trades I propose are not relaistic sizes of what really happens (so theres not much precedent to pull value from).

But your frustration I feel sometimes makes you react in a way that really isn't all that nice. It also clouds judgement because not all of my trade proposals are really off in value, they're just off in what you feel is proper evaluations vs. what I do. In fact, the last thread wasn't even a proposal, it was a question on if a player who I happen to feel should be mvoed, would be of interest to another team based on their situation, but you still managed to blow a gasket over that
I definitely feel more of a need to post on Rangers trade proposals based purely on being a fan and it can annoy me more when the threads just look quite bad.

I understand I may take it too far and it can come across as insulting so for that I apologise. NYR fans dont exactly have a great rep on the transfer threads due to a lot of bad trade proposals and pretty poor player valuations.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
So Buchnevich gets buried on the 3rd line behind Stone and March Assault, just like Tuch was, with no hope of promotion, barring injury. No point to including him.
Okay so if you strip it down it comes to Skjei for Tuch at the base. I assumed youguys would say no to that, am I right in that assumption or is that something that would interest VGK

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Okay so if you strip it down it comes to Skjei for Tuch at the base. I assumed youguys would say no to that, am I right in that assumption or is that something that would interest VGK

You have correctly surmised in your first post that the Golden Knights have a glut of acceptable LHD.

Theodore is inspiring confidence to be a 1D for Vegas and they would likely keep for a decade or more. Schmidt is a very good 2D who they have signed, he's popular and signed for half a decade. Hague is young and promising as a top 4 D and they have team control for almost another decade.

On top of them there's McNabb for a few seasons who very much a top 4 and Bischoff signed for a few more seasons as an extra.

LHD become available in free agency and Vegas has more prospects who could possibly step in to the NHL in a few seasons. I don't see any need for an LHD unless it's a cheap defender for the next season that they can play on the right while they wait for RHD to develop.

They definitely would be very unlikely to move Tuch for one, especially one that is of the Skjei caliber. It would have to be a slam dunk trade to trade Tuch for an LHD.

Reactions: kinger8998

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Any interest in Alec Martinez can play both side decent in all zones extra year and only of the leagues best shot blocker If yes whats the offer
He's somebody Vegas has actually looked at. Won't be the first option as he's LH(Vegas like every other team needs a RHD), but a 2nd+ would work, I believe?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
He's somebody Vegas has actually looked at. Won't be the first option as he's LH(Vegas like every other team needs a RHD), but a 2nd+ would work, I believe?
i would think the + is the key to this However i am not all that familiar with your prospects. Kings need a top 4 offensive right side defenseman (aka a unicorn d ) or a natural rw with top 6 upside Would u have one of them to add to ur 2nd ?

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
i would think the + is the key to this However i am not all that familiar with your prospects. Kings need a top 4 offensive right side defenseman (aka a unicorn d ) or a natural rw with top 6 upside Would u have one of them to add to ur 2nd ?
Well, we've got 1 of each in Korczak, & Dugan, but they shouldn't really be available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad