LHD Jiri Tichacek - Rytiri Kladno, Extraliga (2021 undrafted)

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
One of the few players from the Czech U20 team that has yet to be selected in the NHL Draft. Played a full-time role in the Extraliga as a 19-year-old; albeit with last-place Kladno.

Last edited:
Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
He's a good player.. a very good one. But he's short and will probably never get a fair look in NHL. There is room for short D in the NHL but they have to be elite in something. He is not... I think he'll be a great euro pro. Look forward to him on national team in a few years!

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
He's a good player.. a very good one. But he's short and will probably never get a fair look in NHL. There is room for short D in the NHL but they have to be elite in something. He is not... I think he'll be a great euro pro. Look forward to him on national team in a few years!
Exactly, he is going to be high-end euro D, but his size is going to keep him from NHL.

Reactions: Czechboy

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
J.Tichacek has looked absolutely amazing so far this season in Extraliga, MVP for Kladno and it's not particularly close. 5 points (3 goals) in 7 games and great underlying stats. He makes up for his lack of size with his superb skating and great anticipation and looks extremely poised in all situations, including PP. I loved him at the WJC (he complemented Jiricek perfectly and came in clutch in the playoffs) and even though he's very likely not a future NHLer, I think he could become a european mainstay for the Czech national team sooner rather than later. (he's still just 20 y.o.)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
8 games 8 points, 3+5 .. he became a crucial player for Kladno. Currently tied as the best D for points, ans he also has the second biggest ice time right after Plekanec in Kladno.

I loved him at U20s last year, and now he Is getting on another level even in mens hockey.

It is crazy to assume now, but how beautiful would it be if he would keep that crazy pace and end it up with playing in Prague in May and then with an NHL contract.

Love the Guy So far!

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
0+3 today and currently he is at 3+9 in 10 games, its really impressive so far and a huge step up since last season.

He is also second in scoring amongst all defenders in the league and in the top 10 (8) of the overall scoring leaders in the whole league right now.

And one other interesting fact just for fun. Last time we had a Czech U21 (20yrs and younger) defender score more then 20 points in an ELH season was Tomas Kaberle in the 1997-98 season. And Tichacek can very well beat that goal in the first half of the season lol.

Last edited:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I think that the record for the most points by 20 or younger D in whole ELH history (meaning czech since 1993) Is held by Jan Vopat And thats 27 points in 93-94 season.

So Tichacek needs "only" 13 more points and still have 39 games left lol.

He Is a complete beast this season

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Production continues, is he going to be at the WC? Could be a guy who signs a 2 way deal with an nhl team in the off season.
Our World's team might have good D for once. Rutta, Gudas and Jiricek should all be available. Then you add in Euro stalwart Kempny. Now you have Hajek, Zboril, Galvas and Kral all returned to Europe.
It'll be tough to make it for him this year I think. But it's early and time will tell. Shame he's not a forward, our forwards for the World's are looking very underwhelming.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
In the 7th round, rather than selecting a player who comes out of nowhere or the brother of a player as is often done, a franchise would do well to select him to strengthen, in the worst case scenario, the AHL team.

What he has achieved this year is exceptional. His progress in one year is crazy.

What he has achieved this year is exceptional. His progress in one year is crazy. His sporting performances do not suffer from comparison with those of Olen Zellweger (34th pick in 2021 with the same size).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
In the 7th round, rather than selecting a player who comes out of nowhere or the brother of a player as is often done, a franchise would do well to select him to strengthen, in the worst case scenario, the AHL team.

What he has achieved this year is exceptional. His progress in one year is crazy.

What he has achieved this year is exceptional. His progress in one year is crazy. His sporting performances do not suffer from comparison with those of Olen Zellweger (34th pick in 2021 with the same size).
Do you think there is an NHL player here?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Do you think there is an NHL player here?
Maybe. As long as he doesn't fail, this remains a possibility. I could never have predicted such a performance this season.

For this type of player, the NHL is not the only way out. He can make more money as a star offensive defenseman in the KHL than a physical, not-so-skilled NHL defenseman on a 3rd pair.

I think we are dealing with an offensive defender who will dominate in a major European league. But who knows... Krug, Spurgeon exist.

10% chance. I give 0% to a lot of players drafted every year.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Our World's team might have good D for once. Rutta, Gudas and Jiricek should all be available. Then you add in Euro stalwart Kempny. Now you have Hajek, Zboril, Galvas and Kral all returned to Europe.
It'll be tough to make it for him this year I think. But it's early and time will tell. Shame he's not a forward, our forwards for the World's are looking very underwhelming.
I would take TIchacek any day before Hajek or Zboril, those two are just not good at all.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I would take TIchacek any day before Hajek or Zboril, those two are just not good at all.
Maybe but they are first and second rounders who played in the NHL, have good to great skating and size. Athletic peak in their mid 20's.

Tichachek is undrafted, small and in Extraliga.

I like all 3 of them and hope Tichachek gets a 2 way contract and, somehow, makes it. I'm a fan of all of them.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Maybe but they are first and second rounders who played in the NHL, have good to great skating and size. Athletic peak in their mid 20's.

Tichachek is undrafted, small and in Extraliga.

I like all 3 of them and hope Tichachek gets a 2 way contract and, somehow, makes it. I'm a fan of all of them.lol
Idk Hajek is producing barely any points even in ELH, Zboril is terrible even in AHL ... feels like another of those clunky Ds we will gonna bitch about the whole Skodas, cause they will do a ton of stupid mistakes and will have zero impact in front lol. But maybe not, maybe I am wrong.

Tichacek is best D in ELH right now, almost PPG in the top europe league and all that while playing for the absolute worst team lol. Besides of guys from NHL and Jiricek, he is the first one I want to see from europe personally.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Idk Hajek is producing barely any points even in ELH, Zboril is terrible even in AHL ... feels like another of those clunky Ds we will gonna bitch about the whole Skodas, cause they will do a ton of stupid mistakes and will have zero impact in front lol. But maybe not, maybe I am wrong.

Tichacek is best D in ELH right now, almost PPG in the top europe league and all that while playing for the absolute worst team lol. Besides of guys from NHL and Jiricek, he is the first one I want to see from europe personally.
We will see.. from a Czech perspective it is a great problem to have. I like all of them tbh. Cheered forever for Hajek and zboril. Tichacek was part of silver team and I love that team.lol. Looks like we will be built from goalie out and that is always my preference.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Bad, how the careers of Hájek and Zbořil developed. At the World Cup, Zbořil was unremarkable and Hájek downright disastrous. As Czechboy wrote, we have a fairly decent core of the team from America, Gudas, Rutta, Jiříček, Svozil should get a chance. From Europe, Kempný will probably be in the team, and before those two players, I definitely see already mentioned players like Galvas, Král, Mašín in the team. Maybe even that Ticháček, although I'm not sure how he'll handle personal fights, will definitely get another chance at the EHT tournaments.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Silver medalist at juniors and undrafted. Sucks to be short because he clearly has some great qualities.

He could become an exceptional euro D for us.

Still skeptical he will be an NHLer due entirely to his size as he's clearly very good.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
The worst is for the goalkeepers.

KHL and other major European leagues are filled with "small" goalies at their peak that NHL rejects.

Good goalies that are lacking in the NHL.

A guy like Juha Metsola was way stronger than a lot of NHL goalies.

Among skaters, there are more tactical reasons. But there is the possibility of playing more “small” players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad