Prospect Info: Levi Aaltonen, RW, 5th round, 130th overall, 2019

ijuka

May 14, 2016
When watching Aaltonen play, it's pretty frustrating how poorly he utilizes his skating. He for example has next to no 1v1 ability, he also seems to make some hasty plays. He's an amazing skater but at this point in time needs to use it to brute force separation. But I also feel like with his skating, there's some potential for improvement there. I'm honestly not sure why he's so awful at 1v1 challenges because his stickhandling isn't even bad. I think it's possible that with some guidance, he could improve a lot if he gets that dimension of his play going.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
When watching Aaltonen play, it's pretty frustrating how poorly he utilizes his skating. He for example has next to no 1v1 ability, he also seems to make some hasty plays. He's an amazing skater but at this point in time needs to use it to brute force separation. But I also feel like with his skating, there's some potential for improvement there. I'm honestly not sure why he's so awful at 1v1 challenges because his stickhandling isn't even bad. I think it's possible that with some guidance, he could improve a lot if he gets that dimension of his play going.

The thing is, he isn’t that type of talent. He sees the ice fairly well, but stickhandling in someone’s wheelhouse is something else. It’s exclusively about adjusting to the defender, bait him or whatever, just painting back and forth with the puck is pure coordination, also something else.

I don’t want to say that this kid is Hagelin 2.0. He is still very young and not an early bloomer, but I think the realistic goal is Hagelin 1.0. Same but different, as always.

What I also love about Aaltonen and Henriksson is that they are good hockey players already. The U20s should be a lock for them, at least their final year and so forth. They should be able to come in and contribute in the AHL. Nothing is of course guaranteed, but they they will still come in and be a part of this organization and push everything in the right direction, play with speed and so forth.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Hagelin 2.0 would be a huge win in the 5th round.

Worst case you get Rico Fata 2.0, which could still be considered a win for a 5th (Yes I know technically worst case is he totally busts)

Reactions: Richard Banger

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Hagelin 2.0 would be a huge win in the 5th round.

Worst case you get Rico Fata 2.0, which could still be considered a win for a 5th (Yes I know technically worst case is he totally busts)

Jokes on you guys I'm hoping he's the next Viktor Arvidsson except that we didn't wait until he was a double overager to draft him.

Blueshirts1994

Jun 30, 2011
i think by january at the wjc this pick will look like a steal. even if he doesnt play the whole year in the liiga, i think he will absolutely light up the jr league.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
G8POQ2H.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->