Level of concern

Which issue are you most concerned about or least concerned about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I have a concern about hector's keyboard

rzkpamB.png

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I don't know, but Marner seems to be an offensive player. I didn't follow his jr. career, but did he play a defensive role? Was he taking d-zone faceoffs, blocking shots, throwing checks, closing lanes (with an active stick), etc.?

he and JT will come on the ice in the waning moments of the kill, they are both dangerous guys when it comes to takeaways, a tired PP will have to pull in the reigns a bit so they don't get burned. Once the penalty is up the Leafs will be able to full throttle to offense

Tavares was 3rd on the Islanders in PK time for the Islanders in regards to forwards, 6th when all players are taken into consideration

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
What are you even try to argue about?

Your overreacting is the exact thing I'm worried about. I'm not worried about it cause I care what others think, I worry about it cause it's annoying as heck to read.
I'm "overreacting"? I think you're overreacting. See how this works?

Scroll wheel. It works wonders.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
I will never in a million years understand this logic.

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to read these "annoying" posts. Being annoyed by an anonymous internet poster's opinion is ridiculous in and of itself.

I find all of the posts here that call other posters "morons", or the posts defending a player like they're a long lost brother annoying to read. These guys don't get that it goes both ways.

That's all I'm trying to point out.

Reactions: therealkoho

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'm "overreacting"? I think you're overreacting. See how this works?

Scroll wheel. It works wonders.
What's your argument? You don't like what I'm worried about?
You get more confusing every time you post.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I find all of the posts here that call other posters "morons", or the posts defending a player like they're a long lost brother annoying to read. These guys don't get that it goes both ways.

howyadoingbuddy is like
giphy.gif

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Didn't call you a moron, wasn't protecting a long lost brother. You're making up arguments from the looks of it.
<Sigh> I never said you did. Never was all about you and me, except for "you" being the one worried about what "bitter old guys" post.

I'm gonna give you a word of advice. Playing stoopid doesn't work in the real world, and all of this denial and deflection won't change a thing.

Have a nice day.

Reactions: therealkoho

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
<Sigh> I never said you did. Never was all about you and me, except for "you" being the one worried about what "bitter old guys" post.

I'm gonna give you a word of advice. Playing stoopid doesn't work in the real world, and all of this denial and deflection won't change a thing.

Have a nice day.
Umm alright?

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Huh? I didn't say it would affect the players at all. Don't imply things I don't mean thanks.

Cheerleader crowd? How old are you? Like I said I'm most worried about the conspiracy fans who love to try and find faults in everything cause they're all jaded from their old age and losing.

Sorry, I take back the "bitter old guys" thing. But I was close.

EDIT: I'm done with this.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I believe if you're going to defend a player, it's atleast got to be reasonable. It was painful reading some of the blind defense of Komarov last year and the moronic decision to give him so many minutes. The cheerleader crowd really got upset with it, that was for sure. It didn't take a genius to figure out he was completely done after his injury in March. Kadri's line improved exponentially without Komarov and the 4th line looked far better with Johnsson. How Komarov ever got back in the lineup was completely beyond me, but those are the things you need to justify if you're part of the cheerleader crowd. Thankfully, I don't feel any need whatsoever to justify the stupidity of Komarov even having a roster spot last year.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
I believe if you're going to defend a player, it's atleast got to be reasonable. It was painful reading some of the blind defense of Komarov last year and the moronic decision to give him so many minutes. The cheerleader crowd really got upset with it, that was for sure. It didn't take a genius to figure out he was completely done after his injury in March. Kadri's line improved exponentially without Komarov and the 4th line looked far better with Johnsson. How Komarov ever got back in the lineup was completely beyond me, but those are the things you need to justify if you're part of the cheerleader crowd. Thankfully, I don't feel any need whatsoever to justify the stupidity of Komarov even having a roster spot last year.

I don't think labelling people "cheerleaders" is going to lead to constructive conversation.

56 Years No Cup

Nov 12, 2007
Agreed. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an older guy and I've seem players come and players go but I just don't understand the blind devotion to players/coaches and the refusal by some to accept criticism of any player/coach.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Agreed. Maybe it's the fact that I'm an older guy and I've seem players come and players go but I just don't understand the blind devotion to players/coaches and the refusal by some to accept criticism of any player/coach.
Criticism is somehow seen as offensive in 2018, and it's a huge mistake to see it as such. It's definitely not just on hockey forums, that's for sure :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->