Level of concern

Which issue are you most concerned about or least concerned about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
My point is that it doesn't affect the players, not yours. So who cares if "a few posters will go ballistic"? Other posters here? Why?

The rest of your post proves my point re: "worrying" what other posters think and then denigrating them for daring to have a different opinion then yours.

Thanks.

PS- Oh and before you go off that I'm doing the same thing keep in mind that I am responding to posts like yours. I want to debate opinions about the Leafs not about other posters but I won't put up with this nonsense any more.

What are you even try to argue about?

Your overreacting is the exact thing I'm worried about. I'm not worried about it cause I care what others think, I worry about it cause it's annoying as heck to read.

Reactions: kindalaidback

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
There should be another option but its missing, right now my biggest concern is the status of William Nylander, it should be on this list. He wants 8+ million and management wants to give him the proper 6.5 that he deserves, training camp is in full swing and he's still in Sweden with the two parties obviously being very far apart with the season fast approaching.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What are you even try to argue about?

Your overreacting is the exact thing I'm worried about. I'm not worried about it cause I care what others think, I worry about it cause it's annoying as heck to read.

I will never in a million years understand this logic.

Nobody is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to read these "annoying" posts. Being annoyed by an anonymous internet poster's opinion is ridiculous in and of itself.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
There should be another option but its missing, right now my biggest concern is the status of William Nylander, it should be on this list. He wants 8+ million and management wants to give him the proper 6.5 that he deserves, training camp is in full swing and he's still in Sweden with the two parties obviously being very far apart with the season fast approaching.
It's kinda f***ed up that isn't even an option :laugh:

It's like the one thing to actually worry about right now

Last edited:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As ever, my major concern is catastrophic injury.

I can live with Hainsey playing whole PKs, I can live the occasional Jake gaff, I can live Babcock insisting on "gud pros". I cant live with Matthws, Marner, Willy, Mo, Freddy, or JT hurt for extended periods of time.

Reactions: Rogie

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
As ever, my major concern is catastrophic injury.

I can live with Hainsey playing whole PKs, I can live the occasional Jake gaff, I can live Babcock insisting on "gud pros". I cant live with Matthws, Marner, Willy, Mo, Freddy, or JT hurt for extended periods of time.

Though with so many teams destined for the bottom of the league in the Leafs division, there’s at least a bit of breathing room should somebody go down for a while

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
I’m going to stand by my opinion that Kadri should not be chastised for his suspension last playoffs. I saw a lot of dirtier hits in the first round that should’ve been suspendible and weren’t. I’d rather Kadri take that (what should have been) penalty than watch our stars get run over. Obviously it’s unfortunate how it shook out, but how would the alternative look with Mitchy laying broken on the ice?

Of all the options available, this one really jumped out at me.

Team Kadri.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I’m going to stand by my opinion that Kadri should not be chastised for his suspension last playoffs. I saw a lot of dirtier hits in the first round that should’ve been suspendible and weren’t. I’d rather Kadri take that (what should have been) penalty than watch our stars get run over. Obviously it’s unfortunate how it shook out, but how would the alternative look with Mitchy laying broken on the ice?

Of all the options available, this one really jumped out at me.

Team Kadri.

That suspension is arguably the biggest reason we lost the series. It was stupid and reckless, he wasn’t standing up for Marner he was angry and it’s not the first time he’s let his emotions get the best of him.

He shouldn’t be punished for it but he shouldn’t be applauded either.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I'm most concerned about how the team reacts without martin, komarov and polak anymore.. With that being said I'm hopeful Ennis and Jooris can replace some of the muscle, both have played in the west so hopefully they know how to throw their weight around and drop the gloves

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
That suspension is arguably the biggest reason we lost the series. It was stupid and reckless, he wasn’t standing up for Marner he was angry it’s not the first time he’s let his emotions get the best of him.

He shouldn’t be punished for it but he shouldn’t be applauded either.

Just to be clear I’m not applauding him, I just don’t think he should get the Gardiner treatment. And how can you claim he wasn’t standing up for Marner and instead being selfish like you stated?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Just to be clear I’m not applauding him, I just don’t think he should get the Gardiner treatment. And how can you claim he wasn’t standing up for Marner and instead being selfish like you stated?

Because it’s not the first time he’s done this? I didn’t say he was selfish I said he was reckless.

What’s done is done at this point I’m hoping Kadri learned from that series and won’t make the same mistake.

Reactions: filthyMitz

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Because it’s not the first time he’s done this? I didn’t say he was selfish I said he was reckless.

What’s done is done at this point I’m hoping Kadri learned from that series and won’t make the same mistake.

No, you clearly stated he didn’t do it to defend Marner, so the only options left are selfish ones (he got angry). I’m not going to debate what a selfish act is. I’m saying 100% he was defending Marner. 100%.

If people want less of that on the team, so be it. I want my team playing as a team defending each other out there.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
No, you clearly stated he didn’t do it to defend Marner, so the only options left are selfish ones (he got angry). I’m not going to debate what a selfish act is. I’m saying 100% he was defending Marner. 100%.

If people want less of that on the team, so be it. I want my team playing as a team defending each other out there.

And all those other times he’s been suspended for losing his temper were those also about Marner? I’m sure the hit is why he was mad but he lost control because he was mad.

Even if he has the best intention the end result was the same he lost control again. I don’t think that’s a great quality, doesn’t mean he’s not a great center though.

Reactions: filthyMitz

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Sadly not many understand that. It wasnt a selfish act. He was standing up for Marner but it ended up being reckless.
It doesnt matter though, one of the voters that chose the option thought Kadri would be traded 3 years ago, just let him be upset Kadri is still here and a terrific player.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
How is this a bad thing?

I don't know, but Marner seems to be an offensive player. I didn't follow his jr. career, but did he play a defensive role? Was he taking d-zone faceoffs, blocking shots, throwing checks, closing lanes (with an active stick), etc.?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sadly not many understand that. It wasnt a selfish act. He was standing up for Marner but it ended up being reckless.
It doesnt matter though, one of the voters that chose the option thought Kadri would be traded 3 years ago, just let him be upset Kadri is still here and a terrific player.
I for the record accidentally voted the wrong option. So it's just him on that one, unsurprisingly. .

Reactions: stickty111

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I don't know, but Marner seems to be an offensive player. I didn't follow his jr. career, but did he play a defensive role? Was he taking d-zone faceoffs, blocking shots, throwing checks, closing lanes (with an active stick), etc.?
Haven't you notice how often he chases guys down to either get the puck or force them into doing something they didn't intend on doing? The puck doesn't just find him! He works and the other team bums when he has the puck!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad