Letters

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
Not totally surprised that Bozak is wearing a letter. He's worn one for quite a while. A bit taken back at Hunwick though, but I know nothing of his character, so there's that too.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Babcock really seems to have a strong liking for Hunwick. From playing him on the 1st pairing to this :laugh:. He really must have impressed in camp.

I was expecting Bozak/JVR/Lupul.

The Bad Seed*

Thank god they took the A off Lupal . I remember when everyone wanted him to have the C lol. That picture of lupal ,clarkson and bernier looking like sears models was pretty indicative of the team culture IMO. Pretty boys with no heart. Dougie and Wendel wore track pants with fanny packs for Christ sakes.

I don't like bozak with the other A. I would of put it on reilly .

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Bozak and Hunwick with the A's? I can live with that.

Interesting that all 3 Cs and As led their groups in ice time last night.

Wonder how Lupul took the news?

The Bad Seed*

Bozak and Hunwick with the A's? I can live with that.

Interesting that all 3 Cs and As led their groups in ice time last night.

Wonder how Lupul took the news?

Bought a new designer suit and cried into it

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
That's your criteria for naming Alternate Captains? They'll be here past the end of this season?

You give letters to guys who lead by example. Neither of the players you mentioned do that. Kadri is likely the absolute last player on the roster I would be giving a letter to.

Preach it. Kadri is the last one by far I'd want to be a leader.

Komarov and Winnik or Winnik and Polak. Lupul if either one of 2 are gone or injured.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I seriously underestimated Hunwick. Time to admit that I thought the signing was unnecessary at first, especially at two years. But (and I know it is early) he could be the best of the UFA signings. 1.2 Million for a good steady compliment to Captain Dion, who can PK and wear a letter himself. Played over 20 minutes in the opener, and looked good doing it.

I'm really impressed.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Lupul ""All my interviews now I just talk about the Blue Jays. I don't have to talk about hockey."

Just another idiotic statement by one of the boy leaders that this team has. Even if its light hearted, Lupul always seems to act like he has no passion for hockey. Instead of saying, oh it's great that they are playing so well, and our city has something to get behind. We want the same here, and we are working towards giving our fans that back!

I admittedly haven't bothered to listen to the interview, but I don't care because it just falls into a long list of how unprofessional Lupul is. I love that Babs stripped Lupul of his A. Finally someone who sees a boy and not a professional.. which Babs said is what he likes about Hunwick (he lives like a pro, trains like a pro, and acts like a pro).

During the losses last season, Lupul questioned the fans during interviews...
Lupul invited a fan to fight via social media
Lupul was asked by a boy in an interview, if he had a gf, lupul responded by giggling like a teenager as he awkwardly said yes but no (what is this high school, name a respectful adult man who would respond like this).
He's 30 been mostly single his entire life, lives on the beach in L.A in his offseason/is a bachelor pad, and throws offseason parties for hockey players (of all ages).
he blamed carlyle for not playing him on LW and believing in him.. after having small successes in Toronto... low and behold he sucks again, now whose he blaming?
thinks he's a high fashion model
barely throws any checks/is one dimensional

Cannot wait until this boy is off our team, and someone else's problem.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Lupul ""All my interviews now I just talk about the Blue Jays. I don't have to talk about hockey."

Just another idiotic statement by one of the boy leaders that this team has. Even if its light hearted, Lupul always seems to act like he has no passion for hockey. Instead of saying, oh it's great that they are playing so well, and our city has something to get behind. We want the same here, and we are working towards giving our fans that back!

I admittedly haven't bothered to listen to the interview, but I don't care because it just falls into a long list of how unprofessional Lupul is. I love that Babs stripped Lupul of his A. Finally someone who sees a boy and not a professional.. which Babs said is what he likes about Hunwick (he lives like a pro, trains like a pro, and acts like a pro).

During the losses last season, Lupul questioned the fans during interviews...
Lupul invited a fan to fight via social media
Lupul was asked by a boy in an interview, if he had a gf, lupul responded by giggling like a teenager as he awkwardly said yes but no (what is this high school, name a respectful adult man who would respond like this).
He's 30 been mostly single his entire life, lives on the beach in L.A in his offseason/is a bachelor pad, and throws offseason parties for hockey players (of all ages).
he blamed carlyle for not playing him on LW and believing in him.. after having small successes in Toronto... low and behold he sucks again, now whose he blaming?
thinks he's a high fashion model
barely throws any checks/is one dimensional

Cannot wait until this boy is off our team, and someone else's problem.

Whatever. You're entitled to your opinion about Lupul, but I honestly think his Jays comment is more about the fact that reporters are as interested or more interested in asking players about the Jays than about hockey. And from reports, I'm not sure that I blame reporters. It seems players are a little less guarded and more open when talking about something outside their job. For example, I heard it said today that McDavid doesn't usually say much but if you get him talking about the Jays, he's much more animated.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Whatever. You're entitled to your opinion about Lupul, but I honestly think his Jays comment is more about the fact that reporters are as interested or more interested in asking players about the Jays than about hockey. And from reports, I'm not sure that I blame reporters. It seems players are a little less guarded and more open when talking about something outside their job. For example, I heard it said today that McDavid doesn't usually say much but if you get him talking about the Jays, he's much more animated.

I see it the same way.

Lupul basically being sarcastic to reporters because they ask baseball questions, when talking to a hockey player. Kinda sad when you think about it. Even the reporters don't see much to discuss when the topic is the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad