Letter to THN Editors, anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporXX

Aug 7, 2003
In Transit
Submitted today...not that they'd publish it:

I have a pile of Hockey News from 1975 and the Junior Hockey coverage is stellar, what happened? Future Watch...not even a Junior on the cover. The Quebec Pee Wee Tournament...not a mention. The top prospect game...barely a paragraph. Three line "clever" blurbs are not an excuse for coverage. It is still the "Hockey" News, and not the "NHL" News right?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
VaporXX said:
Submitted today...not that they'd publish it:

I have a pile of Hockey News from 1975 and the Junior Hockey coverage is stellar, what happened? Future Watch...not even a Junior on the cover. The Quebec Pee Wee Tournament...not a mention. The top prospect game...barely a paragraph. Three line "clever" blurbs are not an excuse for coverage. It is still the "Hockey" News, and not the "NHL" News right?

:handclap:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Douggy said:
Are they going to do a draft issue this year?? When does it come out??

the issue i got in the mail yesterday said that the next issue will be the draft issue...i didn't check the date but it should be out in a week or 2

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
it would really be nice to not only see more junior coverage but also more ncaa, ushl, us high school, europe, etc coverage...

lots of the nhl related stuff can be found all over the place and is lots of times known before THN issue comes out...so it would be nice to be provided with info that isn't as easy to come across

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
NYR469 said:
it would really be nice to not only see more junior coverage but also more ncaa, ushl, us high school, europe, etc coverage...

lots of the nhl related stuff can be found all over the place and is lots of times known before THN issue comes out...so it would be nice to be provided with info that isn't as easy to come across

I agree. That is one thing I look forward to should the NHL have a lockout. I am hoping that THN steps up its coverage of these other leagues.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Pantokrator said:
I agree. That is one thing I look forward to should the NHL have a lockout. I am hoping that THN steps up its coverage of these other leagues.

Amen to that! I was thinking of writing to THN and asking what their policy is on cancelling a subscription, should the NHL have a lockout. I sure as hell do NOT want to read never-ending months worth of how the NHL players are doing on the golf course, who's hanging out with who, who's celebrity charity event brought in the most money with a babes only wet t-shirt contest.....errrrr......well, wait...that last one would be ok (but only if they show pictures :jump: )...but, anyway, I don't want to read a bunch of crap, so I hope they have something in mind should the lockout occur. I'm so with you on wishing there were more Junior hockey coverage...after all ....it's where it all starts, no?

Carbo N8

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
My subscription just ran out & they didn't even notify me, which is just as well because the 3 times a year I get excited about their publication(Future Watch, Draft Preview & Annual Yearbook), I can go to the newstand.

DanStewart

Jun 5, 2003
Sarnia, Ontario
I really enjoy THN, but I think it was better as a newspaper and not this mag version. It seemed to have more info in it back then. I agree with most of you that it needs something. I would really like it to include the full AHL, QMJHL, OHL, WHL and NCAA season stats like it does for the NHL stats every issue.

VaporXX

Aug 7, 2003
In Transit
If you expect better coverage, go to THN's website and email them...also, the letters to editor section. Stone them with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad