LetsGoWings.com down?

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
So long as the people coming over don't go nuts trying to troll like ChrisReevesLegs did, I'm cool with getting more posters. I mean, that was a bit much.

Reactions: Solarion

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Joined LGW back in 2003! It seemed like the quality of discussion really dropped off there as the team got worse.

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I’m not too familiar with LGW. I was a RWC guy and we kind of pompously looked down our noses at LGW, for god knows whatever reason lol.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I really came here for the prospect board back in the day. I was over there for a while, but found the broader hockey community to be helpful when I needed a break from some of the more annoying Wings topics.
Same here. Randomly found HF while looking for more info on prospects. Slowly started posting here more, but would join in the Booster chat to say hi to a few of the regulars I became friends with.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I'm waiting to see how many folks remember HF before it moved.

I'm not sure I was a member at LGW. I posted at Red Wings Central. ESPN's old hockey boards in the 90s. The Wings official board in the 90s. The Dallas Stars board for a bit in the same time frame. I've rocked this username since then, I think. Might have been Wing Man for awhile but some jerk at the espn board started using a slight variation of it (might have been hypenated, or maybe mine was hypenated and their's wasn't, whatever) which prompted my switch to what I have now.

Reactions: Konnan511

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I'm waiting to see how many folks remember HF before it moved.

I'm not sure I was a member at LGW. I posted at Red Wings Central. ESPN's old hockey boards in the 90s. The Wings official board in the 90s. The Dallas Stars board for a bit in the same time frame. I've rocked this username since then, I think. Might have been Wing Man for awhile but some jerk at the espn board started using a slight variation of it (might have been hypenated, or maybe mine was hypenated and their's wasn't, whatever) which prompted my switch to what I have now.
Holy crap! The ESPN boards! I use to post on the MLB and the NHL ones. Back then, there were actually some really good conversations going on with those boards. Made some good friends on there and the Dallas Stars forum on some other site. I've had my username since usernames were a thing, except some punk stole it and started using it on a random message board, using my member photo, it was creepy.

Reactions: Winger98

ChrisReevesLegs

Nov 5, 2018
Seattle
So long as the people coming over don't go nuts trying to troll like ChrisReevesLegs did, I'm cool with getting more posters. I mean, that was a bit much.

You mean... when people coming over get discouraged from posting because all the regulars gang up on them and bully the new guys, like was done to ChrisReevesLegs?

What’s wrong with CRL?

I think he’s a hoot:nod:

I think you're alright

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I know a lot of current LGW posters are here. @ChrisReevesLegs @Euro Twins @FMichael @kickazz @MabusIncarnate to name a few.
Is there anyone else who is here under a different name? I'm not used to a season without reading LeftWinger play with the lines/roster a thousand times lol.
I've been here a while, but 90% of what I write is in the history forum.

This is a good forum, though. Even if it's full of ex-LGW castoffs who couldn't hack it in the enforcer debates.

Reactions: FMichael and kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I've been here a while, but 90% of what I write is in the history forum.

This is a good forum, though. Even if it's full of ex-LGW castoffs who couldn't hack it in the enforcer debates.

I am correct to assume this is @GMRwings1983?

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
It appears to be down again, wonder if it has to do with the recent flood of spam accounts. Anyone from LGW i'll let you know about any info if I come across any.

Reactions: kliq

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Just looked at Wayback Machine for the hell of it.

Some members from the LGW glory days: Crymson, eva unit zero, SouthernWingsFan, Legendary D in 03, edicius, Sting 11, betterREDthandead, HockeyCrazy3033, IwoCPO (what ever happened to A2Y?), Jedi, norrisnick, puckloo39, redwings1914, VladyIBELIEVE16

Any of them on HF now?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Some members from the LGW glory days: Crymson, eva unit zero, SouthernWingsFan, Legendary D in 03, edicius, Sting 11, betterREDthandead, HockeyCrazy3033, IwoCPO (what ever happened to A2Y?), Jedi, norrisnick, puckloo39, redwings1914, VladyIBELIEVE16

Any of them on HF now?
How...how dare you leave out Mindfly. Also, how dare you leave me off haha.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
received_524218825070896.png

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

Any of them on HF now?

There are/were other Wings sites? :laugh::help: I lived in a Red Wings bubble and shunned all forms of internet "discussion" for a long time.

Last I heard, IwoCPO had been deployed for a while, moved a couple of times, and been doing life in general. Paul (Kukla) and some of the other users still make posts under the A2Y banner, and the Chief will occasionally make a post here and there...

... however, it seems like he mostly left when the Wings started really sucking. Not calling him out or anything, just sayin'.

I went to the first Herm 2 Hockeytown, met a few of the posters over there (including Malik), had a blast at my first and only trip to The Joe. As divisive as it may be, that site does have a way of bringing people together.

Reactions: Ricelund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->