Line Combos: Let's vote the Season Starting Lines! 2nd line LW?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

XXX --- Zetterberg(63.6%) --- Nyquist(57.9%)
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
Datsyuk LTIR

Kronwall(87.8%) --- Smith(55.3%)
DeKeyser(xx.x%) --- Green(xx.x%)
XXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek (67.9%)
Backup: Howard (32.1%)

Larkin1578

Jun 22, 2015
Jurco...but would think if Tatar isn't on the first line, he'd be the second line left wing.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I voted helm. I think his tenacity and puck retrieval skills suit Tatar well. Presumably Richards will play second line C; which might be preferable because at that point his lack of speed is more than covered for. A puck hound in Helm and playmaker/goalscorer in Richards and Tatar sounds nice.

I didn't vote Franzen as I am not comfortable in throwing him into top 6 minutes. I think a 3rd line role with less responsibilities suits him more. Plus we know how he likes to glide and I can see a Franzen/Richards combo holding Tatar back due to their lack of foot speed.

Helm isn't a premier top 6 player, but he is going to get his job done.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Really the only reason I can think of that this would not be Tatar's spot is if Franzen is healthy to start the year off and Blashill wants him on the 2nd line. Otherwise in all likelihood Tatar will be the 2nd line LW.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really the only reason I can think of that this would not be Tatar's spot is if Franzen is healthy to start the year off and Blashill wants him on the 2nd line. Otherwise in all likelihood Tatar will be the 2nd line LW.

Yup. Khan posted an article today where Blash gave lots of praise to Abby, and Khan said the Abby-Z-Nyquist line will be intact going into camp. Have to figure that has the inside track of being our 1st line to start the season.

Article here: http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/09/justin_abdelkaders_career_year.html#incart_river

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad