Let's try to decide who are our "untouchables"

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Karlsson is the only guy on my list. The only guys who should be "untouchable" are generational talents, and the only one on our team is Karlsson.

I'd be open to trading anyone else on the roster. Now, what I'd want for those players is another thing entirely, but if we're talking "no way, no how, not a chance I'd ever deal"... then it's Karlsson. C'est tous.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Crosby was untouchable before he played 1 game in the NHL.

Nash got traded because he personally asked to be traded.

A potential franchise goalie can be untouchable. Lehner is somewhat proven in the NHL.

Lehner is nowhere close to proven...

Come back when he's got at least 70+ games under his belt and you MIGHT have a point...

(And btw, I love Lehner as much as the next guy but c'mon)

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Lehner is nowhere close to proven...

Come back when he's got at least 70+ games under his belt and you MIGHT have a point...

(And btw, I love Lehner as much as the next guy but c'mon)

Lehner has been the best goalie in the AHL, and has been solid in all but 1 or 2 games with the Sens. May not be proven, but he has a great track record

mranderson

Oct 17, 2012
1) Lehner (young, cheap, high ceiling, mental fortitude)
2) Karlsson (young, proven, eats ice time for breakfast, potential to be even better)
3) Zibanejad (young, cheap, gritty with upside)
4) Silfverberg (young, cheap, extremely intelligent & hard working, dynamic two way forward)
5) Cowen (young, cheap, already solid with massive potential to compliment EK)
6) Stone (young, cheap, smart, gritty, soft hands & already solid defensively)
7) Spezza (currently our best forward, game changing skill)

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Everyone is a commodity depending on what offer is proposed, except Cannone and Benoit. And as for Lehner I seriously hope he does well because I realise the franchise is investing in him but I dont think it'll be long till he's tradebait like every other goalie that has been in this organisation with the exception of Lalime and Tugger who served lengthy stints.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
One name that hasn't been said yet (who admittedly isn't a player and I don't think even could theoretically be traded) is McStache. He deserves a lot of credit for the team's turnaround last year, and if coaches, GMs, etc could be traded, he would require ridiculous overpayment. If last year is any indication, he could be the Stamkos of head coaches.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
1) Lehner (young, cheap, high ceiling, mental fortitude)
2) Karlsson (young, proven, eats ice time for breakfast, potential to be even better)
3) Zibanejad (young, cheap, gritty with upside)
4) Silfverberg (young, cheap, extremely intelligent & hard working, dynamic two way forward)
5) Cowen (young, cheap, already solid with massive potential to compliment EK)
6) Stone (young, cheap, smart, gritty, soft hands & already solid defensively)
7) Spezza (currently our best forward, game changing skill)

Being young and cheap is only a positive if the player plays above his contract. Right now between not playing any games or not doing much when he does play Zibanejad is probably over paid. One must take in to account that his sub-par play is directly related to the amount of consecutive games he has been able to play though.

People will pull "he is only nineteen" card:
Sean Couturier (ADK) - GP 31, G - 10, A - 18, PTS - 28

Last edited:

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I think Karlsson and Cowen are pretty much the only touchables on the club. Spezza is pretty close, too. I'm not sure if Alfredsson is untouchable. Specifically, if the team is out of playoff contention, I could see Murray asking Alfredsson to give him a list of teams to whom to trade him, and I think Alfredsson would accommodate the request.

I also think a lot of the youngsters could be had for the right price, whether it's Silfverberg, Lehner, Z-bad, or Stone.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I think Karlsson and Cowen are pretty much the only touchables on the club. Spezza is pretty close, too. I'm not sure if Alfredsson is untouchable. Specifically, if the team is out of playoff contention, I could see Murray asking Alfredsson to give him a list of teams to whom to trade him, and I think Alfredsson would accommodate the request.

I also think a lot of the youngsters could be had for the right price, whether it's Silfverberg, Lehner, Z-bad, or Stone.

I keep hearing this "Cowen is an untouchable" thing...

There are LOTS of players I'd move Cowen for. I like Cowen a lot, but if someone came along with a package that blew me away, I'd be the first one offering to pack Jared's bags.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

Murray will absolutely not ask Alfie for a list of teams. If we are out of contention, Alfie will only be moved if he goes to Murray and asks him to move him to a contender. I doubt HIGHLY that that happens, but if it does, it doesn't matter if Alfie only gives him a list of one team, Murray will accomodate him, just like he did for Mike Fisher. Alfie has earned the right to call his shot.

mrb91

Oct 20, 2008
Kingston, On
I only have Spezza, Karlsson, and Turris. Spezza and Turris because we need to have to top 6 caliber centres and it appears we finally do. Karlsson because he is amazing and really helps create offence, and is still young. I considered putting Lehner on but I thought about the depth of goaltenders in the organization and while he is close to untouchable, the depth lessens our need of him a tiny bit.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario

There are LOTS of players I'd move Cowen for. I like Cowen a lot, but if someone came along with a package that blew me away, I'd be the first one offering to pack Jared's bags.

If someone came with a package for Karlsson that blew me away I would pack his bags. The package would never happen though, because in order to blow me away it would have to be something like Crosby+Malkin+Letang.

No one is untouchable if a package blows you away, but in reality it wont ever happen.

Cowen falls into that category for me.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator

The lack of organizational depth at defence makes Cowen near to untouchable. Huge upside still, but yeah, he could be had for a cost.

Murray will absolutely not ask Alfie for a list of teams. If we are out of contention, Alfie will only be moved if he goes to Murray and asks him to move him to a contender. I doubt HIGHLY that that happens, but if it does, it doesn't matter if Alfie only gives him a list of one team, Murray will accomodate him, just like he did for Mike Fisher. Alfie has earned the right to call his shot.

I could see Murray asking Alfredsson if he wanted to be traded to a contender. He wouldn't force Alfredsson to agree to a trade, but approach him about being dealt should the team be out of contention.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Spezza - Our first line centre and still our best player IMO. Won't be moved because it would take an overpayment, and also we'd have a gaping hole in his spot.

Karlsson - Speaks for itself.

Silfverberg - Honestly think he's the next big thing. It'll take some time for him to adjust but I think he'll be an incredible player.

Cowen - No way he's moving, he's the perfect future partner for Karlsson.

Turris - Could be moved for a 2C upgrade but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Ceci - Let's wait and see what he's got before moving him anywhere.

Smith - Could be moved but we lack toughness and grit so I really don't want to move him.

BeerandHockey

╚(Þ_Þ)╝
Jun 10, 2009
BAR_B_Q_HAVEN
I only have Spezza, Karlsson and Lehner. 1 forward, Dman and Goalie to build the team around. I dont even say Alfredsson because if Sens suck this year than they can trade him to a contender at the deadline.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I went with:

-Spezza, Karlsson, Silfverberg, Cowen, Lehner.

"Untouchable" meaning that I wouldn't really be looking to trade any of them unless some ridiculously over the top trade offer was made.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
The lack of organizational depth at defence makes Cowen near to untouchable. Huge upside still, but yeah, he could be had for a cost.

I could see Murray asking Alfredsson if he wanted to be traded to a contender. He wouldn't force Alfredsson to agree to a trade, but approach him about being dealt should the team be out of contention.

I have some bad news for you then...

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad