Let's try to decide who are our "untouchables"

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
READ

Who is "untouchable" for the short and long term future of the franchise...

It could also be asked "who do you want to build around?"

My list :

1- Erik Karlsson
2- Robin Lehner
3- Jason Spezza
4- Jared Cowen
5- Kyle Turris
6- Jakob Silfverberg
7- Mika Zibanejad

1 Goalie, 2 D-men, 2 Centers and 2 Wingers.

IMO, those lucky-7 are the future of this team.

There's several other players I wouldn't look to trade, but those 7 guys listed above would require a massive overpayment before I make them available

So what is the consensus around here?

NOTE : You can vote for only 1 player, or you could vote up to 10 players. Take your time and choose wisely

I didn't put Daniel Alfredsson and Sergei Gonchar in the poll options for obvious reasons... If someone needs explications, just ask

Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Spezza, Karlsson, Lehner from a talent point of view.
Neil, Phillips, (Alfredsson) from service/emotional point of view. They can stay with the sens as long as they want to.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
See, I would move Spezza, it would just take A LOT.
Karlsson is the perfect offensive D
Cowen will be the perfect defensive D
Lehner is a future top 5 goalie
Silfverberg is our future Captain.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Right now only

1)Karlsson - no explanation needed
2) Spezza - top 10 centre
3) Neil - enforcer that protects our superstar while hitting heavily and being a big net presence
4)Lehner - top end goalie talent almost ready for NHL
5)Silfverberg - tons of talent, we'll see if it translates to the big leagues, right now if someone wanted to trade for him i'd simply say no
6)Condra - stamina

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
See, I would move Spezza, it would just take A LOT.
Karlsson is the perfect offensive D
Cowen will be the perfect defensive D
Lehner is a future top 5 goalie
Silfverberg is our future Captain.

i agree with this, but i would say that at this point anderson is also untouchable.

Guy is so underappreciated it's ridiculous. Until lehner shows over a long period that he WILL be better than andy, don't trade our mvp.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
No one is untouchable. It's silly to say otherwise.

I've come to realize that when people here say "this guy is untouchable", they really mean "I don't think another GM would offer what I'd want in return to move him".

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
No love for Ceci guys?

So if Vancouver offered up Raymond+Schroeder+2nd for Ceci you'd do it?

To me, he's an untouchable. He was just drafted, hometown boy, already got a very strong pedigree and he's only going to get better. It would take ridiculous overpayment for me to want to break up our future fearsome 3 of Karlsson-Cowen-Ceci

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Spezza, Karlsson, Cowen

That's not to say that guys like Lehner and Silfverberg are being shopped, but they need to cement themselves as NHLers before I can put them in the "untouchable" category.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
Spezza, Karlsson, Lehner, Silf. Zibby would have been on my list at the beginning of the season. I wavered back and forth between including Turris and Cowen, and the return on both would have to be VERY favourable to see them go. That being said, Turris has a backlog of forwards behind him so I think Cowen is the more valuable of the two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->