Lets talk tanking

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
Some people don't even have the patience to get through a rough start I don't know how they'd make it through an entire tank 'n rebuild.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
A tank guarantees nothing. Look at Edmonton. The only reason Pittsburgh tanking worked is because of Crosby and Malkin. You think they were happy with J. Staal and, especially, Fleury? Chicago netted 2 great players in Toews and Kane, but their roster building has been a very important component of their success.

With a tanking philosophy, you're talking about a 3-5 year commitment. Most fans dont have enough patience for 3-5 bad games. Thats not even getting into the issue of having to make sure that great, franchise changing players will be available with a top 5 pick.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
A tank guarantees nothing. Look at Edmonton. The only reason Pittsburgh tanking worked is because of Crosby and Malkin. You think they were happy with J. Staal and, especially, Fleury? Chicago netted 2 great players in Toews and Kane, but their roster building has been a very important component of their success.

With a tanking philosophy, you're talking about a 3-5 year commitment. Most fans dont have enough patience for 3-5 bad games. Thats not even getting into the issue of having to make sure that great, franchise changing players will be available with a top 5 pick.

It doesn't matter if they have the patience for it especially not in this town. But if pitts survived a tank NY could very easily. If it ever came to that

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
It's just the nature of the best on this forum.

This is why Brassard was BrassGod after a handful of good games and now he's trade bait after a few bad ones.

A 5 game losing streak we are the worst team in the NHL but a 5 game winning streak we are the best. I have learned to just go with the flow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad