Proposal: Let's talk about the Power Play

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Oh my! This is 100%. EK does not even bother faking it with a look to the right. Thats why Geno is going now down low and around the net. I was hoping that Ty Smith would be that guy, but that did not pan out. I do think that POJ with some seasoning and coaching could be good PP QB
Another thought, as opposed to quarterbacking from the top of the umbrella, I wouldn't mind if we tried EK/Letang quarterback it from the left side (like Kucherov does from the right). This delegates POJ as a trigger-passer for Malkin from the point.

This gives EK/Letang:
- the cross ice pass to Malkin
- the bumper play to Bunting
- the point shot POJ,
- the one timer to Malkin through POJ
- the cross crease pass tip in to Crosby pass,
- and the one-timer by EK/Letang (with a back and forth with POJ).

Also we need to stop with always quarterbacking from the point (ie. everything funnels through EK). There is no reason why we can't have a more fluid QB situation dynamically adjusting from the left side player, right side player, and player at the point.

Either that, or find a trigger man on the left side (aka a Stamkos/Ovechkin) along with Malkin on the right. We haven't found one since Kessel.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Another thought, as opposed to quarterbacking from the top of the umbrella, I wouldn't mind if we tried EK/Letang quarterback it from the left side (like Kucherov does from the right). This delegates POJ as a trigger-passer for Malkin from the point.

This gives EK/Letang:
- the cross ice pass to Malkin
- the bumper play to Bunting
- the point shot POJ,
- the one timer to Malkin through POJ
- the cross crease pass tip in to Crosby pass,
- and the one-timer by EK/Letang (with a back and forth with POJ).

Also we need to stop with always quarterbacking from the point (ie. everything funnels through EK). There is no reason why we can't have a more fluid QB situation dynamically adjusting from the left side player, right side player, and player at the point.

Either that, or find a trigger man on the left side (aka a Stamkos/Ovechkin) along with Malkin on the right. We haven't found one since Kessel.
the best thing about kessel was he always had that step forward and looked straight towards the goal, unlike Sid and Geno or whoever is on the wall whose head is always towards our QB and don't scare defense. Kessel had that step forward that collapses defense and gives all kind os room on the top ...and eliminate press that EK, Letang, Geno struggle with mightily

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
the best thing about kessel was he always had that step forward and looked straight towards the goal, unlike Sid and Geno or whoever is on the wall whose head is always towards our QB and don't scare defense. Kessel had that step forward that collapses defense and gives all kind os room on the top ...and eliminate press that EK, Letang, Geno struggle with mightily
Always wondered why we didn't sign Kessel at the TD, JUST for the PP. Even if it didn't do anything, it would have been fun to watch while missing the playoffs :D.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
EK65 holds the puck for too long, trying to be the hero. Look at how quickly Makar moves the puck on the PP.

Everyone holds the puck for so long. Doesn't help that Crosby sits in 1 spot with the puck and bites every time a defender fakes a lane being open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad