Lets talk about stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Well, I'm going in this big altcoin dip. Going to grab some btc, ADA and SOL. If any looking for a hail mary, I'm dumping 1k into Wetrust TRST , I think it has potential to do a dogecoin soon.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, I'm going in this big altcoin dip. Going to grab some btc, ADA and SOL. If any looking for a hail mary, I'm dumping 1k into Wetrust TRST , I think it has potential to do a dogecoin soon.
Ive added a bit more Chainlink today, the price is amazing.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Soon... in like 20 years? That's quite enough time to make a lot of money on it.

I think I saw an article that oil will hit 100$ a barrel in next 18 months. Of course, it's one person's opinion but many have it from ~60$ now to 75$ midway through the year.

There will be a resurgence. Will it last 20 years? Who cares. I'm out way before then.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Every teenager should read the Wealthy Barber books. Super basic and simple but oh so important
Great book. Many adults could benefit by reading it too.
Side note ... met the author. Staying at the same hotel. Had drinks at hotel then to club. Him and his “assistant”. lol

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Man I tried to be patient as possible and instead of buying dips everyday but all my stocks on friday. I doubt there will be a huge upswing right away but i hope we don't plummet that much further this week. I have some important earnings report coming up lol

I bought btcc twice to lower my average cost. I put more money than I wanted to.
I positioned myself with a few dips.

Reactions: canucklover123

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
I think I saw an article that oil will hit 100$ a barrel in next 18 months. Of course, it's one person's opinion but many have it from ~60$ now to 75$ midway through the year.

There will be a resurgence. Will it last 20 years? Who cares. I'm out way before then.
feel free to share said article. I'm curious see the reasoning

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Don't know who is in to it, but if anyone has heard of NFTs, I am currently on NBATOPSHOT. Made a ridiculous return so far, hoping this is part of the future as well. Another portfolio on my hands

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
My buddy does penny stocks. Any recommendations for him?

Man I was into it a bit with all the pharma cover plays but I got burned in the end and just said never again. Respect to people who have the discipline to do pennys, just not for me

Reactions: Shabs

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
feel free to share said article. I'm curious see the reasoning

Can't link it. It's in my bank's investor's page. They take a snippet.

06:52 AM EST, 02/24/2021 (MT Newswires) -- While oil's dizzying collapse is still fresh for many traders, rumblings are starting to emerge that by the end of next year prices could once again top US$100 a barrel, Bloomberg News is reporting Wednesday.

It noted Azerbaijan's Socar Trading SA predicts global benchmark Brent could hit triple digits in the next 18 to 24 months, and Bank of America sees potential spikes above US$100 over the next few years on improving fundamentals and global stimulus. Speculators are also getting in on the action, increasing bets in the options market that oil will reach the vaunted level by December 2022, the report said.

Bloomberg noted the views are ultra bullish, but they highlight increased confidence in the oil market after Brent rallied more than 200% after hitting an 18-year low during the pandemic. Demand has bounced back in key Asian markets, while OPEC+ is withholding barrels and a lack of investment is keeping shale supplies at bay. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. this week lifted its third-quarter forecast by US$10 to US$75 a barrel.

Obviously, this is extremely hopeful and wishful thinking but the idea is there is optimism on oil over next 1-2 years. As long as it keeps moving up and demand increases thats a good recipe for me.

There's been lots of talk about Oil prices moving back up to pre-pandemic values. In fact, the current value per barrel is higher than it was this time last year. Of course...its always cost*demand and not just cost alone. Stimulus talks will improve the demand but oil is being produced at a lower level for the moment to stabilize prices.

It will take a little while but I bought in at 20$ CAD. Suncor hit 27+ this week before settling at ~25.

We still live in a reduced economy. When travel and the economy returns this stock value will continue to go up. For some, the benefit of going from say 25 to 32 isn't very exciting but for me going from 20 to 32 is worth the trouble.

I'm also collecting dividends on the stock and expect stimulus checks in the US to boost this type of stock.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Don't know who is in to it, but if anyone has heard of NFTs, I am currently on NBATOPSHOT. Made a ridiculous return so far, hoping this is part of the future as well. Another portfolio on my hands

Im interested but I dont know where to get in, any good source to read on or did you just jump in?

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I lost heavily last 3 or 4 weeks. All mine are getting hit. I decided to not put anymore money in investing for 6 months, trying to stop the bleeding. I am not going to sell. Hoping they comeback by summer/fall. Too much uncertainty right now. Between war between hedge fund managers, reddit community. Bitcoin sucking money out of market, covid still going on. I can't judge it anymore.
There is a lot of volatility no doubt. On the plus side theres a lot of money out there waiting to be spent. You saw the 10 year treasury drop this morning. That's a good sign for stocks. Bitcoin? I just ignore it. I missed that one LOL..

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Im interested but I dont know where to get in, any good source to read on or did you just jump in?

honestly, I would use their website to read the blogs and such. What I like about it is thats its still in BETA so Im holding everything and just hoping for the best. We just had a ridiculous bull run where some of my moments went from a couple hundred to 3-4 gs each lol. However, people who just came in got killed. They have a reddit thread too I check out. I also use there discord but its also filled with a bunch of scammers and pumpers lol.

Nba players are starting to talk about it so hopefully we have something here in a couple of years.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

makes sense. the push towards "green energy" will produce higher oil prices unless you can figure out how wind can get your car around. Get ready for high gas prices. I've bought some US oil fund when it was very cheap and i'm looking forward to that fund continuing to do very well.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
whats everyone's go to canadian ETFs? Im starting a RRSP account and I wanna play it safe and just pickup ETFS. So far, I have the VFV tracking the SP500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad