OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Whats everyone thinking about Powell speech tomorrow? Ive seen the same trend where small caps sell off before he speaks.

I'm thinking of adding to my positions tomorrow right before Powell comes on.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Wondering when Internet Computer (ICP) will flatten its downward curve.

I'm gonna be buying a shitload of that one as soon as it does.

7 biggest blockchain capacity, opened a month ago and I'm guessing, without many User contracts, which explains why it went down so much.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

7 biggest blockchain capacity, opened a month ago and I'm guessing, without many User contracts, which explains why it went down so much.

ICP long term potential is huge

I won't get in before some stability. is 55$ the support or 25$.
It's been free falling since then.

20-25$ would be a good entry point for me.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Is TheScore interesting because of sports betting? I don't understand.

Yes.

We all know theScore, the TV network. They got acquired buy Rogers in 2012. $SCR doesn't own it anymore
$SCR owns the media apps and the betting section. (theScore App, theScore Bet and theScore esport)

By making C-218 legal in Canada,
SCR is in the best position to get in Ontario (and BC?) and offer theScore Bet.

I'm unsure for BC, but in Ontario, they got everything ready with Ontario gov't to facilitate the iGaming (internet Gaming)

Bill C-218 3rd reading in senate was done yesterday, but got amendments that needs to be discussed before sending it to the House of Commons for legalization.
Monday and Tuesday are key dates as the Senate shutdown for Summer on June 25th

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yes.

We all know theScore, the TV network. They got acquired buy Rogers in 2012. $SCR doesn't own it anymore
$SCR owns the media apps and the betting section. (theScore App, theScore Bet and theScore esport)

By making C-218 legal in Canada,
SCR is in the best position to get in Ontario (and BC?) and offer theScore Bet.

I'm unsure for BC, but in Ontario, they got everything ready with Ontario gov't to facilitate the iGaming (internet Gaming)

Bill C-218 3rd reading in senate was done yesterday, but got amendments that needs to be discussed before sending it to the House of Commons for legalization.
Monday and Tuesday are key dates as the Senate shutdown for Summer on June 25th

What's the price target for analysts if it's legalized?

NVM, found it

SCR - Score Media and Gaming Inc Forecast - CNNMoney.com

Reactions: llamateizer

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Dude, it's at the same point it was 3-4 weeks ago when it went down. It hasn't even reached it's low point of a few weeks ago, which was 38k-39k Cad. It's at 40k now. It's going to go up and down for awhile, but I don't expect BTC to go anywhere under 30-35k.

I’m actually looking into starting a position in either ETH or Bitcoin, staying patient to see if I can get an even better entry

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

I'm not sold on ICP yet, but its getting cheap.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Any of you finance gurus have an opinion on where USD/CAD is heading over the following year?

Tell me where the gas prices will go and I'll tell you what I think about USD/CAD. :sarcasm:

It's really tough to predict. Personally I think a 0.75 USD/CAD is a good rule of thumb for a 5 year horizon. CAD is quite strong right now with the increase in oil prices. I doubt it stays that high honestly. But even then, it's so hard to predict that I wouldn't make a bet either way.

Looking at this chart, the exchange rate seems low, but the CAD was strong early 2010s because of oil prices.

Canadian Dollar to US Dollar Exchange Rates Chart | Xe

Last edited:

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I am two things, all I do, since I quit my job.

I buy up small priced stocks that I have researched the heck out of. And I chase ambulances, in other word, crashes in the market or flash crashes.

As far as I know, I have found more crashes, than anyone on the internet.

That being said, I am going to buy a lot of a Canadian low priced stock, and possibly soon protect that position, with a full on assault on complicated etf's and butterfly options, to profit in a large, possible crash situation.

I called the 2015 and 2016 crashes to the DAY.

How did I do it........I seriously doubt, more than one or two people would believe it.

So here I am, I have a penny stock, around .20 cents, along with a burgeoning crash signal, with my program.

So I am going to go half in on both.

If the crash happ;ens, the penny goes down 20 percent I figure.

The crash portfolio, goes up 5000 percent. or more.

Hey I used to follow twisters and small tornadoes to windsurf in, this is safer lol.

i DOUBT, many people follow this credo, but hey peeps, the stock market and the real estate market have gone up tremendously, and at the same time, covid, has decimated a lot of business.

Logic rarely makes cents, in the stock market. MY credo in pennies, is buy when the insiders are setting up for a large balloon like move. And sell when they do.

Sounds simple doesn't it. Problem is, most of us, have lost so often, won so rarely, we cannot bear to sell the winners. Its why forex blokes buy forex companies and do nothing other than sell against their gamblers, ere clients.

For crashes, find info, no one else is privy to. Decode your butt off.

Last edited:

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Bill C-218 finally passes.
$SCR is up. Hodling the stock for a long period. at least until fall.

Time to melt the losses again

I'm almost mad that BTC didn't stayed under 30k too long :)
At least managed to lower my average by 18%

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My lord, selling CCs on AMC has been insanely profitable. Like insanely profitable. Sell weeklies at $70 is $500-600 per contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad