OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
ICBU

Ive done my DD. It's an OTC stock but if you want to risk some money that you can lose for a potential big gain I think it's a good one.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
What exactly is the logic behind Bitcoin going up?

I always hear it will reach X or Y but I don’t know why. That’s what pushes me away from it.

I understand that as companies accept it as currency it can boost but now they’re taking a step back.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't know what to do? Just when can get no worse it does

If you're not feeling well, you probably had a bit too much of your investable money in Bitcoin. It's a normal human behavior when something is down to feel like selling it all.

Personally, I might buy a bit more since it's 'cheap' vs. what it was a few weeks ago. But that's me. It could very well keep going down.

I have invested something like 500$ in Bitcoin, and it's down down 50-60 bucks, so I might just reinvest so that the total value is 500$.

If I were you I would not do anything drastic, unless you feel like giving up on Bitcoin. If you want to lower your exposure, do it little by little over the next coming weeks. Unless you're done with Bitcoin, because then you might as well just sell everything and move on to something else.

99% of the time, the best move is to do nothing.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

I always hear it will reach X or Y but I don’t know why. That’s what pushes me away from it.

I understand that as companies accept it as currency it can boost but now they’re taking a step back.

There's no logic. Just pure speculation. The technology behind it is interesting, but Bitcoin is not used much as a currency and probably won't be for a while still.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There's no logic. Just pure speculation. The technology behind it is interesting, but Bitcoin is not used much as a currency and probably won't be for a while still.

And what stops another currency from being preferred in that time frame? Nothing I suppose.

That’s why I stay away from this. I don’t understand the economics of it enough.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
I don't know what to do? Just when can get no worse it does
It will fall deep into a new well.

The USA is experiencing inflation although the official government numbers will not tell you just how badly.

but the investors know. They are always ahead of the curve.

You cant pump and dump government money to the degree that it's happening without having corresponding production to back it up.

This is going to get far worse. I've taken out 50 percent of my stock portfolio , and did it weeks ago , saving a lot of money.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

The US is adding BTC ETF's this year, institutional money hasn't even begun to flow into it yet. BTW I think BTC could hit 28k for a low, and a part of me hopes it does so I can load up again.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The US is adding BTC ETF's this year, institutional money hasn't even begun to flow into it yet. BTW I think BTC could hit 28k for a low, and a part of me hopes it does so I can load up again.

But isn’t this the same thing?

Assuming that because it’s accessible it will reach some new highs?

I could be 100% wrong. I have no formal training with this but most people I’ve spoken to but crypto because “it will go up”, why? “Because people will buy”, why? “Because it’s going up”

That isn’t really reassuring enough to me given my limited investment experience.

I do hope that it all works out but I am terrified to put anything in.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I bought PLTR last week but .. I think my hidden gem is going to be Graph Blockchain Inc. (GBLC.CN)

As BTC and ETH drop, watch for the ADA and DOT projects to rocket up this year. Graph mines ADA, DOT, LINK etc.. . the stock is around .10c , and these are rock bottom prices for a lot of these platforms I believe.

Keep it on your radar! Also, I'm still buying OMI lol.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
And what stops another currency from being preferred in that time frame? Nothing I suppose.

That’s why I stay away from this. I don’t understand the economics of it enough.

Nothing stops another currency from being the preferred one. But Bitcoin is the household name that everybody knows and should remain somewhat valuable based on that. It has the first mover`s advantage.

Honestly I was at the same place as you a couple of months ago. The crypto universe is really weird with all its terms, and the crypto exchanges don't entice me at all. But with the arrival of BTC and Ethereum ETFs I hopped in. It's still a rather light investment in my overall portfolio, but I figured, why not.

There's no logical explanation for Bitcoin exploding in price, same for NFTs and whatnot. It's more than fine to stay away from it.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002

I could be 100% wrong. I have no formal training with this but most people I’ve spoken to but crypto because “it will go up”, why? “Because people will buy”, why? “Because it’s going up”

That isn’t really reassuring enough to me given my limited investment experience.

Its always a gamble, I have way more in ETH and other projects, don't own much BTC these days. I mostly buy coins I can stake and just hold them for a healthy return, cash in the profits for more coin, and start all over again.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Well, more people are investing in cryptos every day, and with the ETFs, it's now easier than ever to invest. Beforehand it was mostly an internet and forum play-thing. Now it's accessible via your broker and institutional investors (read here, Wall Street, big banks, pension funds and whatnot) are looking at cryptos as a career risk if they don't hop in, while previously it was a career risk to be in it.

Ethereum has nearly gone up 80% in 2-3 weeks after the Canadian ETFs were released. It's probably not the only effect that explains the prices the past couple of weeks, but imagine when US ETFs are approved at the end of 2021/2022.

Reactions: llamateizer

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Well, more people are investing in cryptos every day, and with the ETFs, it's now easier than ever to invest. Beforehand it was mostly an internet and forum play-thing. Now it's accessible via your broker and institutional investors (read here, Wall Street, big banks, pension funds and whatnot) are looking at cryptos as a career risk if they don't hop in, while previously it was a career risk to be in it.

Ethereum has nearly gone up 80% in 2-3 weeks after the Canadian ETFs were released. It's probably not the only effect that explains the prices the past couple of weeks, but imagine when US ETFs are approved at the end of 2021/2022.

I don't think it has any effect as I bought in BTCC before the correction of 20% :D

Guy (Michael Burry) who made a huge profit on shorting the derivatives market in 2008 says he's shorting Telsa bcause he's sure it's a house of cards that will crumble.

crazy how TSLA is becoming less interesting in a few months.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad