OT: Lets talk about stocks (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My safety basket is CAKE . I put it all in a CAKE pool where I get 220% APY. Since cake is now at around 40, and I think it will hit 150 by years end.. I'm getting free tokens to do nothing. End of year I'll take it out, and then put it all in a USDT pool at 35%

I can figure out crypto, but stocks I can't get a feel for lol
I am about ready to sell out of bitcoin and Tesla. Dump it in VIT or VOO. Like these fellows on here say. Just can't make a cent in them

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
The problem with Q1 earnings is all of the growth is already priced in for most of these tech companies. Companies are smashing earnings but these same companies are way overpriced.

I said it a few pages back but I think we are in for a slow tech melt. Institutional investors moving to value and retail is going to dry up.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thanks again, do you use BMO for option trading? Is one platform better than the other? I really want to learn a bit more about it, and see if its right for me.

I have TD Ameritrade which was just bought out by Schwab. I have been thinking of moving over to interactive brokers for the better options commission.

Reactions: Habs

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
My safety basket is CAKE . I put it all in a CAKE pool where I get 220% APY. Since cake is now at around 40, and I think it will hit 150 by years end.. I'm getting free tokens to do nothing. End of year I'll take it out, and then put it all in a USDT pool at 35%

I can figure out crypto, but stocks I can't get a feel for lol

What is the downside (or risk) of CAKE
it looks too good to be true... but in crypto it doesn't apply

Can you start with low budget? 100-200 to begin with

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
What is the downside (or risk) of CAKE
it looks too good to be true... but in crypto it doesn't apply

Can you start with low budget? 100-200 to begin with

There is no impermanent loss because it isn't a liquidity pool, so maybe cake ends up at 25$ again, but who cares its free cake? I've been staking cake for a year without an issue. You can buy any amount of cake you want, it doesn't matter.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I am about ready to sell out of bitcoin and Tesla. Dump it in VIT or VOO. Like these fellows on here say. Just can't make a cent in them

BTC is a tough market, so volitile , I'm holding TSLA for the long haul though.
I can get 35% on USDT right now, so I also put a small bag there when I can for the future.

I bought some paypal today, think the earnings are going to be just fine tomorrow as well. I'll check out VIT and VOO, you like them a lot?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
BTC is a tough market, so volitile , I'm holding TSLA for the long haul though.
I can get 35% on USDT right now, so I also put a small bag there when I can for the future.

I bought some paypal today, think the earnings are going to be just fine tomorrow as well. I'll check out VIT and VOO, you like them a lot?
Ever since tesla bought into bitcoin been in a nosedive

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
seems like they hover from 19-22, think they will ever pop?

they popped on a short squeeze last earnings , I made my biggest gain through that lol. Enough to offset any future losses I think this year on my whole portfolio

there ceo is a savage. He hates that his stock gets shorted, two ERs ago, he said they will introduce a stock buy back policy and last ER he offered a special dividend. Essential to screw the shorts.

the thing is though, mortgage companies just don’t get love in Markets. Also very cyclical and there is some concern if they can keep killing there earnings without the refinancing revenue they got last year due to Covid.

I’m really interested in the ER today and to see if there outlook changes

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
they popped on a short squeeze last earnings , I made my biggest gain through that lol. Enough to offset any future losses I think this year on my whole portfolio

there ceo is a savage. He hates that his stock gets shorted, two ERs ago, he said they will introduce a stock buy back policy and last ER he offered a special dividend. Essential to screw the shorts.

the thing is though, mortgage companies just don’t get love in Markets. Also very cyclical and there is some concern if they can keep killing there earnings without the refinancing revenue they got last year due to Covid.

I’m really interested in the ER today and to see if there outlook changes

Interesting thanks, I'll keep my eye on it.

Reactions: canucklover123

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
OMIs tanking soooo hard

I got scared when it reached 0.004

red is my avg cost
yellow is the price of the stock
blue is my OMI
upload_2021-5-5_20-59-47.png

I 5x my OMI possession over time from my initial purchase.

reduced my avg by 28% but stock went down by 60% lol

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-5_20-57-51.png
    upload_2021-5-5_20-57-51.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 3

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Tomorrow is the day, I saved up a ton and disciplined myself to not buy the dips (seeing as it happens every day now lol).

I am going all in on my Igaming/gambling stocks if the market sucks tomorrow.

Stocks I am going to add more shares to: RSI, GNOG, DKNG

I want to get some PENN but they have earnings so well see how that goes first.

I 100% believe the gambling sector is going to be lights out for the next couple years.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Tomorrow is the day, I saved up a ton and disciplined myself to not buy the dips (seeing as it happens every day now lol).

I am going all in on my Igaming/gambling stocks if the market sucks tomorrow.

Stocks I am going to add more shares to: RSI, GNOG, DKNG

I want to get some PENN but they have earnings so well see how that goes first.

I 100% believe the gambling sector is going to be lights out for the next couple years.

Have you considered SCR?
It's underperforming and when Canada passes the Bill c-218, thing should go well.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Staking at low APR isn't the best.

so I bought 1 DOT and put it in stake at 10%.

the price went up from 36 to 41.50

you can undelegate for 28 days at 0% penalty (and no interest).
or instadelegate at 2% penalty

so I took the penalty. however, you can only sell by 0.1

I'm stuck with unsold 0.08

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
OMIs tanking soooo hard

I bought another 300k coin. NFT market is in a little slide, even Bepro and MANA are hurting. It will come back

Now, talk to me about the rest of the stock market..
paypal - destroys earnings, down. That's where the real scam of a market is, the Nasdaq. I'm so done with stocks, I'm seriously pulling it all out an running with crypto

Reactions: llamateizer

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Staking at low APR isn't the best.

so I bought 1 DOT and put it in stake at 10%.

the price went up from 36 to 41.50

you can undelegate for 28 days at 0% penalty (and no interest).
or instadelegate at 2% penalty

so I took the penalty. however, you can only sell by 0.1

I'm stuck with unsold 0.08

Can't go wrong with DOT, but don't forget you can stake ADA and CAKE for much better returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad