OT: Let's talk about movies (and TV shows)... Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I start watching the series MAYANS, its pretty good so far. Its in the same world of SOA. I really liked sons of anarchy and MAYANS is pretty entertaining

Reactions: Redux91

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Stan Lee has passed away

.. so we won't seeing him as much in the next marvel movies

:sarcasm:

(too soon?)

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
R.I.P. Stan Lee

A legend is gone

:amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

Wow.

This especially sad in that in his later years, he had problems with people who were trying to get money from him.

-----------

I finished the second season of Castlevania. Was a bit of a letdown. There were awesome fights but this was supposed to be about a war between humans and vampires and it never happened and Dracula sitting around for a whole season wasn't the most riveting stuff.

I think the main problem was that in the first season you could see Dracula could lay waste to the whole World by himself. Yet now had to rely of a sorcerer to create nasty demons to do his bidding. And this kills the suspense a bit. It reminded me of the exploding soldiers in Iron Man 3, where it's faceless beings. It should at least have been the vampires themselves doing this. The humans working for Dracula was something that had potential and these two were interesting characters but in the scheme of things they did not matter much, I'd rather they would not exist.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Uh. I mean. WTF. Like. In. Really? Is this real life or is this fantasy?

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The real question is.. howcome you watched the trailer? :skeptic:

Haha I know. I stumbled upon it while browsing other things.

Ryan Reynolds is playing Pikachu and that makes things even weirder. I wonder if he'll talk about it in an upcoming Deadpool movie (if there's any)

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
This will be a bit of an outcast post from me, but I've always paid attention...

Been debating with my own self as to what is the very best sports ad ever. There are only 3 candidates in my mind and I don't honestly know which way to lean.

Each has its own merit, and, for different reasons. But all 3 are as good as it gets when it comes to sports' advertising when judging on technical merits, IMO.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This will be a bit of an outcast post from me, but I've always paid attention...

Been debating with my own self as to what is the very best sports ad ever. There are only 3 candidates in my mind and I don't honestly know which way to lean.

This one always stuck with me..

Couldn't get enough of that one either..

Soccer commercials take the cake. They are so much more entertaining than the rest of sports commercials I've seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodKiwi

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Purely speaking sports ads, I have to admit that that "Leave Nothing" commercial took my breath away and still does (Shawne Merriman was my favorite player in the NFL and still is; name me a better LB ever as compared to his 2006 season)

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I’ve seen better commercials but this one is up there as it’s a video I show my kids I coach at the start of baseball and hockey season before we hit the field/ice.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
Purely speaking sports ads, I have to admit that that "Leave Nothing" commercial took my breath away and still does (Shawne Merriman was my favorite player in the NFL and still is; name me a better LB ever as compared to his 2006 season)

Any Lawrence Taylor season between 84-90 and Derrick Thomas 90-92 are the first players that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->