Status
Not open for further replies.

Knackys

Jul 21, 2014
Westworld Season 2 Episode 8, .. Wow.

Very awesome, very beautiful..

Love what they are doing with this show , its very bold

Hope they finish the season as strong

Yep... imo S02E08 was the best episode of the show so far!

Reactions: Redux91

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Ill say this to anyone who likes Parts Unknown or the Layover you might want to give Somebody feed phil a go, I loved it. Phil Rosenthal is annoying at times but he seems like a damn good guy.

I like Phil. He's a kook and charming, but I don't think he knows **** about food. If he mentions ingredients it's like was it beef or pork. Nice locations though.

Blew me away when he went from Vietnam to Tel Aviv next episode. :laugh:

Reactions: Mrb1p and Runner77

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
1991: 7.8/10

Ricardo Trogi does it again. After 1981 and 1987, 1991 is also a strong comedy and one of the best movie of the year so far.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Westworld Season 2 Episode 8, .. Wow.

Very awesome, very beautiful..

Love what they are doing with this show , its very bold

Hope they finish the season as strong

Please convince me to make it that far. I stopped somewhere around episode 2 of season 2. I kept trying to convince myself that it was a good show because the quality of the production, because of the photography, because of the music, because of the writing, etc. But this plot? I just can't buy it. If after so many episodes, I still can't care for any of the character, I doubt it will ever happen. Or maybe you can convince me to give it one more shot?

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1991: 7.8/10

Ricardo Trogi does it again. After 1981 and 1987, 1991 is also a strong comedy and one of the best movie of the year so far.

That ratings systems, tho.

One of the best movies of the year but can't garner more than a 7.8?

Must not have been a good year. :skeptic:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That ratings systems, tho.

One of the best movies of the year but can't garner more than a 7.8?

Must not have been a good year. :skeptic:

If he's using a logarithmic scale (like the Richter Scale) an 8 is 10 times better than a 7. A 10 is 1000 times better than a 7. Each increment is proportionally larger then the previous.

Either that, or it's random and jibberish. You choose.

Reactions: Runner77 and Bryson

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
For short, its a show about characters from Stephen King movies and the fictional town that pops up in many stephen king stories, Castle Rock

They are pretty much intertwining his stories and tales to create a kind of unified original story and centering it in a town he created..

whats not to like lol.
On episode 3, so far so good for me. It's quite interesting.

Reactions: Redux91

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
So.... as anyone watched the last season of 12 Monkeys?

And if ever someone has actually watched it, didn't find the end to be illogical?

On another note.... that chick who plays Olivia would've done a good Cersei Lannister, not as good as Lena Headey, but second best maybe

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
I Don't give 10/10 or 9.5/10 rating and very rarely 9 or above/10 rating. That's not a perfect ranking system but that's my system. A Believe most of movies as good as they are, are not perfect they can have lenght issue, score issue, not enough action etc.

8.5/10 exceptionnal movie
8/10 great movie
7.8/10 very good movie
7.5/10 is a good movie
7.3/10 I start to recommend the movie
7/10 is better than average
6.8/10 is an average movie

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I Don't give 10/10 or 9.5/10 rating and very rarely 9 or above/10 rating. That's not a perfect ranking system but that's my system. A Believe most of movies as good as they are, are not perfect they can have lenght issue, score issue, not enough action etc.

8/10 great movie
7.8/10 very good movie
7.5/10 is a good movie

I'm just good-naturedly joshing you a bit just so you know. You have really good taste.

Even this explanation's funny. I've seen you review some stone cold classics and I'm not sure you even given them an 8 hahaha.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

8/10 great movie
7.8/10 very good movie
7.5/10 is a good movie

I have a pretty similar grading system i wont lie bud, thats awesome lol

And id be lying if i said i didnt go out of my way to watch a couple of the movies youve rated pretty highly around here lol

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Yes it’s probably a chick movie but has anyone seen Mamma Mia 2? I loved Mamma Mia but am nervous about seeing this one as generally sequels are not as good. Sorry I’m not more highbrow

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
For short, its a show about characters from Stephen King movies and the fictional town that pops up in many stephen king stories, Castle Rock

They are pretty much intertwining his stories and tales to create a kind of unified original story and centering it in a town he created..

whats not to like lol.
I’ve read Stephen King books, The Rats and The Fog scared the hell out of me, he’s a great writer

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
BlacKkKlansman is the true story of a black cop who infiltrated the Klan back in the 1970s. It's also the best Spike Lee film I've seen in years. How does a black cop get into the KKK? It's kinda funny and convoluted, but it all really happened. The story moves like a thriller, with undercover cops on the edge of exposure trying to prevent violent race attacks. And it slices through race-relation politics, in typical Spike Lee fashion. Few directors have the gravitas, let alone the balls, to singe the script with so many racial flames, but Lee lets the KKK characters go to town with their wince-inducing philosophies on Blacks and Jews.

I'd never heard of this story or the real-life cop, Ron Stallworth, but I've heard plenty about David Duke, who figures prominently in the film. There's even a cameo by the real-life Donald Trump.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
BlacKkKlansman is the true story of a black cop who infiltrated the Klan back in the 1970s. It's also the best Spike Lee film I've seen in years. How does a black cop get into the KKK? It's kinda funny and convoluted, but it all really happened. The story moves like a thriller, with undercover cops on the edge of exposure trying to prevent violent race attacks. And it slices through race-relation politics, in typical Spike Lee fashion. Few directors have the gravitas, let alone the balls, to singe the script with so many racial flames, but Lee lets the KKK characters go to town with their wince-inducing philosophies on Blacks and Jews.

I'd never heard of this story or the real-life cop, Ron Stallworth, but I've heard plenty about David Duke, who figures prominently in the film. There's even a cameo by the real-life Donald Trump.

Good for Spike. It really saddened me how he more or less seemed to have become a punch line in recent years whether it was justified or not (may have been. I've no idea). He's made far too many brilliant films.

The last one I saw was probably The 25th Hour which was just devastating. Such a good film. Even at his most heavy-handed he always seemed to conjure up something powerful. I'd like to go back and re-watch the films I've seen of his and watch the ones I haven't. I think he's up there with the best of the best of all time. It's almost like people forgot how great he was.

Reactions: Runner77 and Lshap

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I like good comedy shows to make different for all the police shows and count customs and other cars shows and pickers shows.There is a night it's starting with rehearses of "les beaux malaises", one of the best comedy show ever, they continue with "complexe G", the most stupid and irrelevant comedy show with 90% women actors. You have to turn off your brain watching this show, just do like if you are 12 yrs old and you'll find that funny. There is a Quebec speciality with humour, canadians comedy shows are way below, schiits creek was funny the very first 5 episodes and then turned into a boring show. "Les pecheurs" is also a good comedy show. I watch also "Piment fort", there's a lot of jokes in each show, in the lot there are some good ones.
In american shows I think it's between big bang theory and two broke girls. They are good shows, especially when Leonard's mother is there, her psycho lines dialogs are quite something in writing.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
Yes it’s probably a chick movie but has anyone seen Mamma Mia 2? I loved Mamma Mia but am nervous about seeing this one as generally sequels are not as good. Sorry I’m not more highbrow

My sister and 12 year old niece saw it and they were singing the songs for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad