OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Yeah in that case, I agree, comedy in movies is a wasteland in the last decade. Does Knives Out count? Really liked that one, but I guess it's not a bonafide 100% comedy. But aside from that, can't remember the last comedy I really liked.

Knives out is really good.

Thanks for the suggestion! Knives Out was pretty good, though it's far from being a comedy, IMO. It's got about as much funny in it as a Jordan Peele horror movie has nuance or atmosphere.

I'm mostly glad to have discovered Ana de Armas :eek::oops:

Reactions: covfefe

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Kingdom: Ashin of the North, pretty solid movie/TV special. Netflix should stop slacking off and confirm season 3 already.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Saw this for the first time since the cinema,not as good as I remember,but JB is still very memorable:naughty:

images

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Should be GoT-ish, as it covers the period where the necromancer (Sauron) seduced the kings of men and Elves and created the rings to enslave them.

It should......I really hope they stay true to the 2nd age. There's a lot of ground to cover but with 3 seasons already confrimed, should be enough to stay as faithful as possible.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Which book covers that era of LOtR?

There's not really any book actually.
Many parts of the Silmarillion can give you a lot of infos.

There's tons of references all over the books. From LOTR, Appendices and some in the unfinished tales...but there's no books which is only about the 2nd age. It leaves a lot of freedom to those who wrote the series but there's still a timeline and events that needs to fit. So many things said between Gandalf and Elrond are about that age.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Father really hit hard. What an interesting take on Alzheimer’s. Extremely well edited and the set construction was superb. Anthony Hopkins best performance in decades, which is saying something. No wonder he got the award over Chadwick Boseman.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

There's tons of references all over the books. From LOTR, Appendices and some in the unfinished tales...but there's no books which is only about the 2nd age. It leaves a lot of freedom to those who wrote the series but there's still a timeline and events that needs to fit. So many things said between Gandalf and Elrond are about that age.

Yup, and I have 0 faith in Amazon not f***ing it up. People were blind to GOT being garbo after season 3 so I doubt this'll be any different. McLOTR, here we come.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...still wish someone would do something in the 1st Age...Morgoth >>>> Sauron...:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad