OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIIII

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Looks intriguing, hope it's as good as it appears.
Alright so it's a really slow movie, far from a ''taken'' or any similar movie.

It's a great clinic on character building... but that's about it. Still enjoyed it but I would classify it as a Netflix movie.

I also understand it's partially based on the Amanda Knox story (it seems). She (Amanda) really didn't like the twist in the movie and I will leave it for you to find out why :P

Damon is great, Camille Cottin is already excellent. Great movie if you are bilingual because it's probably 40-50% in French with subtitles in English

Reactions: angusyoung

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Finished ACS: The People vs OJS. Really enjoyed it, but clearly took a lot of dramatic liberties. Very different from season 2 of ACS, which I also liked.

Also finished Why Women Kill S2. Decent show and I think anyone who enjoys the quirkiness of Knives Out will enjoy this series.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Jungle Cruise.

A Disney family adventure that feels like most Disney family adventure movie....but it's with Dwayne Johnson who play the role of Dwayne Johnson. It's not that terrible but too childish for my taste. Was hoping for something more à la Pirates of the Carabean but it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandviper

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Also finished Why Women Kill S2. Decent show and I think anyone who enjoys the quirkiness of Knives Out will enjoy this series.
I loved the first season, but cant't get into it this year. Lucy Liu and Ginnifer Goodwin really carried it.

gennifergoodwin_800x1000.jpg

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I loved the first season, but cant't get into it this year. Lucy Liu and Ginnifer Goodwin really carried it.

It took me a few episodes to get into it, but got better about halfway through. I do agree Lucy Liu and Ginnifer Goodwin did a great job in the first season.

Reactions: peate

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Alright so it's a really slow movie, far from a ''taken'' or any similar movie.

It's a great clinic on character building... but that's about it. Still enjoyed it but I would classify it as a Netflix movie.

I also understand it's partially based on the Amanda Knox story (it seems). She (Amanda) really didn't like the twist in the movie and I will leave it for you to find out why :P

Damon is great, Camille Cottin is already excellent. Great movie if you are bilingual because it's probably 40-50% in French with subtitles in English

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Will check it out at some point.

Think I'll see this again as it's been decades, was good then, now though?:dunno:

upload_2021-8-4_15-39-43.jpeg

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Le me start by saying that beside the nolan batman trilogy, I am not a dc fan at all.

but today I saw suicide squad and Gunn did it, this movie is solid and funny and you actually care about stupid funny characters. The first 15-20 min is so good.

I walked out on the 2016 suicide squad movie, never saw the other one about the female character.

Reactions: Redux91

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Le me start by saying that beside the nolan batman trilogy, I am not a dc fan at all.

but today I saw suicide squad and Gunn did it, this movie is solid and funny and you actually care about stupid funny characters. The first 15-20 min is so good.

I walked out on the 2016 suicide squad movie, never saw the other one about the female character.

I did the same thing , I think i watched 20 minutes of the movie and got tired of it .
The Birds of Prey movie was a lot better , well compare to suicide squad.

Did you watch the Snyder's cut ? if you didnt , you should.

Reactions: Redux91

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

I did the same thing , I think i watched 20 minutes of the movie and got tired of it .
The Birds of Prey movie was a lot better , well compare to suicide squad.

Did you watch the Snyder's cut ? if you didnt , you should.

...already watched The Suicide Squad twice (I know, I have too much time on my hands); soo reminded me of Deadpool with the non-stop sarcasm and hilarity...soooooo much better than that first Suicide Squad movie and no Jared Leto to ruin the entire movie...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah i saw that news today , poor her , i'm so so sorry .

Each time that i see her , this is what i think about :)

Yes. Same here. That was an all time great skit. One of the best ever. Made better by Spade and Applegate breaking and trying to hide it. And no words needed for Farley. He was just hilarious at everything.

When I see Applegate, I also automatically think of Anchorman.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

just horrible. possibly the two worst. blossom wasn't that bad but i just don't like her. the producer dude was just horrible.

lavar had his warts but his earnestness, enthusiasm and positivity overcame them imo. The objective best was Robin Roberts. She was legit better than Trebek in the little I saw of her. Complete natural. Those two would've been the best picks imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->