OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXVIII

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I already broke one fairly new TV (55 inch with built on Roku when I moved into this flat. The TV was approx 6 months old. I put the TV on a table, I had a large screwdriver on the same table and the TV flipped and the screen hit the screwdriver, that was the end of that TV. I should probably ask someone for help.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I already broke one fairly new TV (55 inch with built on Roku when I moved into this flat. The TV was approx 6 months old. I put the TV on a table, I had a large screwdriver on the same table and the TV flipped and the screen hit the screwdriver, that was the end of that TV. I should probably ask someone for help.

Yeah. A modern 55” LED is maybe 15kg, but almost 50” in width. Everyone’s wingspan will differ, but I don’t think you’d be able to grip the TV end to end. Maybe from the bottom you can hold it, letting the TV rest on you, but nah, just get somebody to help.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and LaP

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah. A modern 55” LED is maybe 15kg, but almost 50” in width. Everyone’s wingspan will differ, but I don’t think you’d be able to grip the TV end to end. Maybe from the bottom you can hold it, letting the TV rest on you, but nah, just get somebody to help.

From tip to tip in wingspan, we all approximetly measure the same lenght as our height. I'm at 71, male average is 68-69. So unless he's Cole Caufield or another one of those Hobbits, he can grab it from both ends. It just might be too heavy for some people.

I have a 60" Bravia and can easily grab it from both ends. Real way though, is one hand under in front and the other hand on top holding the back. But yeah, better to ask for help.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Revisited the show from the beginning, still enjoy it and wouldn't mind going back there. Why can't more cops be like Sara Martins? wouldn't mind the occasional stop and frisk then:nod:

bbc_avea559w_270.jpeg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Got a link to this show and it was reported awesome, and it lasted decade!how? right up there with the current crop of garbage imo.

upload_2021-5-10_9-1-54.jpeg

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Anyone watch the new mighty ducks tv show?
Listen, the original movies were cheesy but kinda fun but if you know ANYTHING about hockey, you’ll be tearing your hair out at some of the things the writers thought made sense in this lol. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Anyone watch the new mighty ducks tv show?
Listen, the original movies were cheesy but kinda fun but if you know ANYTHING about hockey, you’ll be tearing your hair out at some of the things the writers thought made sense in this lol. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Couldn't get passed the 2nd episodes of the TV shows...

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Got a link to this show and it was reported awesome, and it lasted decade!how? right up there with the current crop of garbage imo.

View attachment 432128
It was super edgy for its time. It was fun watching it back when it was on because there wasn't much like it back then. Similar to how the Honeymooners were.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
So was All in the family,but that was funny at least. This show,couldn't get past a few minutes,just sat there bewildered.
Different Strokes for different folks. It didn't last as long as it did because people didn't like it.

It was like a crude stand up show on tv

Reactions: dinodebino

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
For All Mankind (Apple TV)

Slow pace series.....litle too slow for my taste and there's a couple of storylines I didn't get into. Season 2 was much better than 1 which is rare. It follows Apollo's missions but it's only half way base on facts and then shifts to somekind of alternate reality from there where apollo's mission continue instead of stopping at 17, it's the plan that never got the green light from Nasa because of budget cuts. The visuals effects are great especially those on the moon. Acting is good.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Anyone seen the hockey movie Odd Man Rush ?

Watched it last night it was something we've rarely seen in a hockey movie a guy who after playing for Harvard goes to play in Europeans minor league( belgium ,german league, then to Sweden.)
¸

Mario Lemieux daughter and Wayne Gretzky son were in it as well

Bonus the lead chick was pretty hot
They usually are.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yes. I liked it, but its not amazing. Pretty lenghty first half and the story goes too fast to be compelling. Maybe part 2 will be better.

Ahh, I see. It’s in queue next for me.

While I enjoy some crazy MCU and DCEU mayhem, I do like the smaller or more flawed takes on heroes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad