OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
What's interesting is people complaining about the use of spoiler tags are only here for the few weeks while GoT airs. The regulars, the people that have been contributing heavily into making these threads as awesome as they are, have been extending the courtesy to others for as long as I've been posting in here.

I do not believe I have ever spoiled a single thing of any of the 50+ shows I've discussed on here, some in great detail. It's not even by design I don't think, I prefer to dive into character or production discussion of a series much more so than I do to parlay dry facts of what happened in it.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Enough about GoT for now.

If anyone hasn't seen Sneaky Pete, do yourself a favor and watch it. If you liked breaking bad, you'll like this too. Bryan Cranston takes obvious cues from his signature series with its great blend of drama and comedy. Lots of twists and turns and some excellent character development. It's what I hoped Ozark would be like.

Reactions: GoodKiwi

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Speaking of GOT, I don't know why I always had a problem with people being burned by dragons. When about Season 2(was it?) she burned the Unsullied boss I saw people actually cheering in You Tube reaction videos, it shocked me. What cause the guy was mean to her he deserved to be fookin roasted? It revealed a sadistic side from people where I realised that from now on fans would pretty much accept anything she would do. I think GRRM knew this, he wanted them to like it so that when the crazy stuff happened in Episode 5(which I think is what is meant to happen in the books too) he is like giving them a mirror telling them "look people this is what you are, you wanted Fire & Blood, here it is".

"You Will Never Walk Again but You Will Fly"

When Dany torches the city you never see her face, right. This theory says that she was not in control. It was Bran. She was going straight to the Red Keep and burn Cersei and the animal took a turn and started burning people. Bran did this cause he is The Lord of Light made flesh. (and also he may have made her father go nuts too with the Burn Them All).

Anyway I hope it doesn't happen cause it would suck.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Speaking of GOT, I don't know why I always had a problem with people being burned by dragons. When about Season 2(was it?) she burned the Unsullied boss I saw people actually cheering in You Tube reaction videos, it shocked me. What cause the guy was mean to her he deserved to be fookin roasted? It revealed a sadistic side from people where I realised that from now on fans would pretty much accept anything she would do. I think GRRM knew this, he wanted them to like it so that when the crazy stuff happened in Episode 5(which I think is what is meant to happen in the books too) he is like giving them a mirror telling them "look people this is what you are, you wanted Fire & Blood, here it is".

"You Will Never Walk Again but You Will Fly"

When Dany torches the city you never see her face, right. This theory says that she was not in control. It was Bran. She was going straight to the Red Keep and burn Cersei and the animal took a turn and started burning people. Bran did this cause he is The Lord of Light made flesh. (and also he may have made her father go nuts too with the Burn Them All).

Anyway I hope it doesn't happen cause it would suck.

At the time Dany was seen as someone who would be a hero and eliminate the bad guys. The unsullied boss wasn't just an army boss like gold company, these were kids taken so early they didn't remember their names. They were tortured and mutilated in order to be sold as soldiers to highest bidder. When he was also a jerk people easily sided with her.

Of course it was a grey area and later on her excessive use became too far. It was that guy, then the tarly's who fought against her(even more grey) but then last episode was where people drew the line. Of course it was too late, she showed some signs and now people are looking back.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
These are spoilers I read for Game of Thrones that apparently have a very very high success rate. The same people predicted Episode 4 & 5 near perfectly 11 months ago as they had contacts who worked with GOT. So you've been warned, they may actually be right lol

Dany continues to be mad, insisting she will continue this type of terror
Jon confronts her, she insists she's right.
Jon pledges allegiance but kills her instead(Azor Ahai much?)
Sam Tarly suggests there should be someone elected into power
Tyrion suggests Bran
Bran becomes King
Tyrion, Davos, Sam and Bronn are on small council
The unsullied leave and go back to where they came from, pledging to continue freeing slaves.
At some point before all this Tyrion may be on trail
Since Jon committed treason he leaves to the wall and becomes the 1000th commander of the night's watch

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I never perceived Dany as a hero, neither a villain. I think the storyline of her becoming the mad queen makes sense, but it was poorly executed because it was rushed and the show went from being character driven to ending-plot driven the past few seasons.

Lots of characters have been destroyed due to the rush of ending the show. Thirteen episodes for the last two seasons was a self-inflcted wound.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
These are spoilers I read for Game of Thrones that apparently have a very very high success rate. The same people predicted Episode 4 & 5 near perfectly 11 months ago as they had contacts who worked with GOT. So you've been warned, they may actually be right lol

Dany continues to be mad, insisting she will continue this type of terror
Jon confronts her, she insists she's right.
Jon pledges allegiance but kills her instead(Azor Ahai much?)
Sam Tarly suggests there should be someone elected into power
Tyrion suggests Bran
Bran becomes King
Tyrion, Davos, Sam and Bronn are on small council
The unsullied leave and go back to where they came from, pledging to continue freeing slaves.
At some point before all this Tyrion may be on trail

Those are most likely correct. But I think we will see something not mentioned that truly lands the ending. I hope so, because it's just way too anti-climatic just reading it.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I never perceived Dany as a hero, neither a villain. I think the storyline of her becoming the mad queen makes sense, but it was poorly executed because it was rushed and the show went from being character driven to ending-plot driven the past few seasons.

Lots of characters have been destroyed due to the rush of ending the show. Thirteen episodes for the last two seasons was a self-inflcted wound.

It's very believable that Dany would end the story as the villain but like you, I think it was rushed. The writers kind of chalk it up to "She's a targaryen after all" which is so sloppy.

It's like they want us to believe all Targaryen's end up mad but want us to forget her older brother Reghar was actually seen as a good man who helped the unfortunate.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Those are most likely correct. But I think we will see something not mentioned that truly lands the ending. I hope so, because it's just way too anti-climatic just reading it.

I read episode 5's summary and it was nearly 100% accurate. They predicted missandei being beheaded by the mountain as well. A lot more stuff but I caught wind very late in the game.

I edited my post and added i piece.

My speculation is to add this as well:

Night King isn't dead, why else would they need a commander of night's watch?

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I read episode 5's summary and it was nearly 100% accurate. They predicted missandei being beheaded by the mountain as well. A lot more stuff but I caught wind very late in the game.

I edited my post and added i piece.

My speculation is to add this as well:

Night King isn't dead, why else would they need a commander of night's watch?
Maybe Dany becomes the night queen, Jon being lord commander; A song of ice and fire. It'd be poetic.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My Prediction:

Dany and the Dotraki/Unsullied invades and torches other cities. Jon and the Northmen go back to the North.

The last one is Winterfell. Dany comes in with her gang to finish the job. Nothing can stop her.

Sansa goes, the only thing that can stop a dragon that we have seen is White Walkers/Nighht King. Bran goes "I know how he became the Night King". They all look at each other. Jon goes "is that repeatable?". Bran goes:"of course". Jon goes:"I'll do it" and Arya goes bunkers and cry for the first time in a long time. But this has to happen. They go to the Weirwood Tree. Bran touches it, touches Jon. The Stark sisters tears in their eyes take the dragonglass, pierce Jon threw the chest, his eyes turns blue.

Jon kills Drogon. Sansa make Dany her bitch. And f***ing tickle her to death.

Jon leaves for the far North never to return.

Brienne gets pregnant. She gets twins a boy and a girl. The boy will grow up to be pretty stupid and the girl pretty whiny

Reactions: Skip Bayless

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
She invades a thriving country because she feels it belongs to her, lol.

She was a freedom warrior that used force to liberate slaves, not a hero nor a villain. Very different from killing innocents and children because she doesn't feel loved. It's not a matter of call backs and pretending she was always that. She evolves (in a laughable way) into that.

The only f***ed up thing prior to this was killing the Tarlys.

Littlefinger, The Night King, Cersei, Euron, Ramsey ect. we're always the villains.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Guys, you heard the man. For the time being use the spoiler tags. Enough back and forth on this.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
She was a freedom warrior that used force to liberate slaves, not a hero nor a villain. Very different from killing innocents and children because she doesn't feel loved. It's not a matter of call backs and pretending she was always that. She evolves (in a laughable way) into that.

Littlefinger, The Night King, Cersei, Euron, Ramsey ect. we're always the villains.

One side's 'freedom fighter'/white helmet is often the other side's terrorist.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad