OT: Let's talk about movies and TV - Part XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No I can honestly say that I don't see any of the participants in this thread denying that what he was doing in those moments was A) Wrong and B) Racist/racially motivated. If you can quote it, I'd gladly discuss it with you.
I just went through the first 20 or so replies from my original post and I found 4 posts doing just that.

I don't need to call people out, have the courage to stand behind what you said. You can see them for yourself, if you don't, it's cause you don't want to see them.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It matters?

So does it matter to you what subconscious cue Ted Bundy had when he targeted women aged 15-25, who were white, had brown/blond hair with a part in the middle?

I don't disagree with this...you're right and I will take the time to view these videos.

And i'm not claiming to be better then the next man or woman.

But i'm so very thankful that I haven't taken out every wrong done to me by white people, on white people, my brain's never been hardwired to make that connection and Lord knows I may have had reason too.

Again, you want to go into moral value judgments by taking extreme abherent behaviors as an example. It's wrong to do this or that. We all know that, because it is part of our social brain's need for fairness.

Yes it is important to know everything about Bundy's past to prevent humans from developing such destructive affective misadaptations.

DW Winnott who was a visionary said it best "there are two things that can go wrong in childhood, things that shouldn't happen that do (toxic stress & trauma) and things that should happen that don't (affection and attachment).

Instead of taking out the pitchfork, it would serve you better to understand everything that created the outcome of that man raping Leeson's friend, same lack of moral value judgement from me, to how Leeson came to think what he thought on that moment, again, no need for moral value judgment.

Or you can keep doing the comfortable pointy fingers routine.

Reactions: cajmonkey

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Stop mis quoting me :(

or is this your subtle jab that all white posters look the same? :sarcasm:
I'm glad this is all amusing to you...again.

Must be nice to live in such bubble, unaffected by all of this and just being able to explain it away with any bull**** rationalization you can find. Whatever allows this bull**** to live underneath the surface.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I just went through the first 20 or so replies from my original post and I found 4 posts doing just that.

I don't need to call people out, have the courage to stand behind what you said. You can see them for yourself, if you don't, it's cause you don't want to see them.

You can take the time for all these replies but not to do a simple multiquote? Pretty sure they don't exist, man.

The only nuance I can see is where Lyrical was saying it wasn't purely racial in the sense that if the attacker was a white guy, he wasn't likely to go looking for a black dude. This is even backed up by a quote by Neeson at the top of the page.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm glad this is all amusing to you...again.

Must be nice to live in such bubble, unaffected by all of this and just being able to explain it away with any bull**** rationalization you can find. Whatever allows this bull**** to live underneath the surface.

You literally attributed a bunch of quotes to me that aren't mine. Look them over. I believe they're Lyrical's and Ozys but I'm not sure about all of them.

Really glad you've had that talk with god and don't have any of that misplaced anger or anything. Makes me feel better about those 'faked' stats.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You can take the time for all these replies but not to do a simple multiquote? Pretty sure they don't exist, man.
See posts 817, 819, 833, 839...i'm not even going to point out all the numerous posts making light of the situation which is just more of the same, just in a different form.

I mean, in some of these posts, you guys are even going back and forth making jokes of this...as though this is funny.

And i'll just sit here and wait for the whitesplanation - we both know it's coming.

The only nuance I can see is where Lyrical was saying it wasn't purely racial in the sense that if the attacker was a white guy, he wasn't likely to go looking for a black dude.
There's a whole lot in this thread....lots of rationalizing and minimizing overtly racial behavior, re-branding the piece of **** Neeson in this story as someone who should be applauded for his contrived contrition

This is even backed up by a quote by Neeson at the top of the page.
More whitesplaining

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You literally attributed a bunch of quotes to me that aren't mine. Look them over. I believe they're Lyrical's and Ozys but I'm not sure about all of them.

Really glad you've had that talk with god and don't have any of that misplaced anger or anything. Makes me feel better about those 'faked' stats.
Hilarious...it's like a good ol' minstrel show up in here!

Reactions: overlords

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
See posts 817, 819, 833, 839...i'm not even going to point out all the numerous posts making light of the situation which is just more of the same, just in a different form.

I mean, in some of these posts, you guys are even going back and forth making jokes of this...as though this is funny.

And i'll just sit here and wait for the whitesplanation - we both know it's coming.

There's a whole lot in this thread....lots of rationalizing and minimizing overtly racial behavior, re-branding the piece of **** Neeson in this story as someone who should be applauded for his contrived contrition

More whitesplaining

Out of those 4 quotes, only 1 is actually commenting on Neeson, and it's Ozy's and he's making the same point Lyrical is making and even expands further on it.

Nobody rebranded him a hero or applauded him. You're straight up lying again and misrepresenting people because you have no argument.

Quoting neeson is whitesplaining. Even if the entire story is predicated on his quoted admission of the story. :nod:

2+2 = 4 = whitesplaining. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->