Let's talk about Aaron Ekblad

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Are you the only person on planet earth who doesn’t realize sports are trending younger?
Ît would be sad to be the only sane person on the planet.Luckily I am not the only one.

Your generalization about "sports" is off. Which sports? Some do. Some definitely do not.

We're talking hockey here. The precious NHL if you want. Last seseason the top 5 in goal scoring featured three 30+ players. The scoring top 10 featured six 30+ players(with Ovechkin being the runner up) with only three players being younger than 25. Defencemen scoring top 10 had one U25 player in Gostisbehere who turned 25 in April. All others are in what in your narrative's fantasy world is considered the "old prime" of around 27-30y.o.. While we're at it even in goaltending the top 10 list in save% has to "endure" those "dinosaurs" like Luongo, Crawford, Miller, Fleury and Rinne.

But whatever you want to believe.

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Ît would be sad to be the only sane person on the planet.Luckily I am not the only one.

Your generalization about "sports" is off. Which sports? Some do. Some definitely do not.

We're talking hockey here. The precious NHL if you want. Last seseason the top 5 in goal scoring featured three 30+ players. The scoring top 10 featured six 30+ players(with Ovechkin being the runner up) with only three players being younger than 25. Defencemen scoring top 10 had one U25 player in Gostisbehere who turned 25 in April. All others are in what in your narrative's fantasy world is considered the "old prime" of around 27-30y.o.. While we're at it even in goaltending the top 10 list in save% has to "endure" those "dinosaurs" like Luongo, Crawford, Miller, Fleury and Rinne.

But whatever you want to believe.
trend
verb
change or develop in a general direction

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I remember getting laughed at for claiming that Hanifin would end up better than Ekblad. Not so ridiculous now huh?

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
For one, he was overhyped based on his rookie year (heavily sheltered), then people brought into the idea that he was lock to be a #1dman, when he hadn't actually done it. Fat contract was unjustified.
That being said, he COULD HAVE been the guy everyone envisioned, but concussions have stalled him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
trend
verb
change or develop in a general direction
Look up the definition of fact.

If the trend was there the "peaking" youngsters should be at least on the same level as the old goats by now.

They are not. So at best facts suggest that you could only project such a trend to come into effect in the future. Whether or not this prediction would be accurate is in the stars for the time being.

The general propagandistic hype(not only in sports) is just an attempt to influence opinions. Successfully as your example shows. People who remain calm and look at facts rather than media hypes still see what they always saw. Humans are human.

HandshakeLineRespect

Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
Look up the definition of fact.

If the trend was there the "peaking" youngsters should be at least on the same level as the old goats by now.

They are not. So at best facts suggest that you could only project such a trend to come into effect in the future. Whether or not this prediction would be accurate is in the stars for the time being.

The general propagandistic hype(not only in sports) is just an attempt to influence opinions. Successfully as your example shows. People who remain calm and look at facts rather than media hypes still see what they always saw. Humans are human.
Throw a polll up asking is the league is trending younger and you’re whole argument will get blown up.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
If given the right to negotiate a contract would a Trouba-Ekblad swap be considered? There could be add ons from both sides to equal the value.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Throw a polll up asking is the league is trending younger and you’re whole argument will get blown up.

I seriously laughed out loud at this. Guy, I have no dog in this fight, but the fact that you used a hypothetical, uncontrolled internet poll to validate your point is cringe-worthy.

Throw up a poll in the US asking if Americans approve of the President and you can get real results to bolster an argument that 60+% of the country approves of him today. If the approval of laymen were the standard, god help us all.

HandshakeLineRespect

Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
I seriously laughed out loud at this. Guy, I have no dog in this fight, but the fact that you used a hypothetical, uncontrolled internet poll to validate your point is cringe-worthy.

Throw up a poll in the US asking if Americans approve of the President and you can get real results to bolster an argument that 60+% of the country approves of him today. If the approval of laymen were the standard, god help us all.
How anyone can argue against the obvious fact that the NHL is trending younger is absolutely mind boggling. People must not be that smart or are so hell bent of being right it’s astonishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->