Lets send a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
So, you don't want to be a fan...basically.

and fixed.

2nd team in the GTA would make the Leafs accountable to their decisions
it would make them earn the money spent by fans rather then being entitled to it

it also gives the leafs another rivalry, forget the fake rivalry with Ottawa a Toronto vs Toronto would be great

put them in another division , bring different teams through the city, different stars/players

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I actually agree, in all seriousness some sort of rally at the ACC with big ass signs would actually get a lot more attention. Nothing violent or stupid just sit out there with signs saying how bad they are and how sad we are and spend the better part of a day out there just eating and crying on eachothers shoulders.

Wasn't that tried a year or two ago? If I remember correctly they got less than a dozen people to show up.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
stop going to games?
stop watching games?

thats how u can show MLSE that the Leafs are a declining franchise.

I am 21, i remember growing up making the playoffs every year and being so excited, everyone was a leaf fan. Now no one cares about the Leafs. They are losing a lot of fans, a lot of revenue and i hope people stop buying merchandise, stop buying tickets ect

to bad most people make money from tickets, aka season ticket holders.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
2nd team in the GTA would make the Leafs accountable to their decisions
it would make them earn the money spent by fans rather then being entitled to it

it also gives the leafs another rivalry, forget the fake rivalry with Ottawa a Toronto vs Toronto would be great

put them in another division , bring different teams through the city, different stars/players

You feel they consciously make bad decisions and this will force them to make the right ones?

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
You feel they consciously make bad decisions and this will force them to make the right ones?

I think they make decisions in a circumstance where there isn't really any accountability

imagine building something and no matter what you did your customers still bought it? even if you made it worse you can increase the price and they'll still buy it.

I think a second team would force them to actually have a long term plan for sustained success , putting a good product on the ice

don't think you'd see as many youth for vet types moves , which would lead to better system development which would prevent from overpaying to keep mid tier players and/or filling holes via Free Agency

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think they make decisions in a circumstance where there isn't really any accountability

imagine building something and no matter what you did your customers still bought it? even if you made it worse you can increase the price and they'll still buy it.

I think a second team would force them to actually have a long term plan for sustained success , putting a good product on the ice

don't think you'd see as many youth for vet types moves , which would lead to better system development which would prevent from overpaying to keep mid tier players and/or filling holes via Free Agency

They can't buy playoff tickets if they don't get there.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Sorry, this idea isn't viable for a few reasons:

The first being that we can't allow solicitation of money on these Forums. Secondly, it would cost over 50 thousand dollars for an ad that will actually garner any attention rather than a little square at the back in the classifieds.

Leaf fans want to send a message? Stop going to the games, stop watching the games on TV and stop buying Leafs merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad