Let's Relax?

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Team is sloppy, but batting .750 is good, especially on the road.

Basically this. The team needs to clean things up for sure, but at this point, we've done well without playing well.

Lots of things to work on, and the rest of the road trip won't be good if we can't clean things up. But as of right now, we are still not falling behind.

melnyk budget*

I honestly feel embarrassed for this fan base right now. Not all of you but... 2 games and panicking over easily correctable issues?

Looking more like hab fans than sens fans.:shakehead for shame

melnyk budget*

So says "Melnyk Budget". :laugh:

Team budget problems = real issue

Bobby Ryan not scoring in his first 2 games = overreaction
Team not having great defensive coverage in first 2 games = overreaction

That's all I'm saying on this.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The biggest question to me when it comes to people panicking and over-reacting about those hockey things while looking like they are on suicide watch has always been... How the heck do they or are they going to handle real life? NHL players always say "you gotta stay even keel", hockey fans should probably try to do the same

Just take a god damn chill pill, it's just an entertainment (and I say this as a true hockey maniac)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
We're 1-0-1, so no need for anyone to panic. I think the team should be fine.

Fine is the problem here and I think the reason for people giving their opinions on Ryan.

#1 is evaluating if we won or lost the trade - looks like at the very least it will be even.

#2 Does Ryan make us a contender - I don't look at him and see the type of player that puts a team up a level from playoff team to contender - like a Pronger, Shanahan, Hossa does, he just doesn't seem to have that X-Factor compete level and hockey intelligence.

#3 Watching Ryan, I don't think we have the player we thought is going to be a huge pleasure to watch every game - like a Nash, Neidermayer, Chara.

#4. Is Ryan a building block to a Stanley Cup? Way to early to say, but just the fact that it's a no brainer after trading what we did is enough cause for us to talk.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't think anyone is legitimately panicking.

Following the team blindly, ignoring the weaknesses and only focusing on the positives, is much worse than questioning some of the faults of the team, even if it comes off as panicking sometimes.

Nothing wrong with negativity if it's warranted.

It is when everyone is freaking out about players that are coming off injuries or a change of scenery. Its two god damn games, these guys didn't forget how to play hockey they are just rusty and obviously not 100 percent. Were lucky to have such fantastic organizational depth and upside to keep the team competitive while these guys get their timing back.

TheOriginalSilf*

Fine is the problem here and I think the reason for people giving their opinions on Ryan.

#1 is evaluating if we won or lost the trade - looks like at the very least it will be even.

#2 Does Ryan make us a contender - I don't look at him and see the type of player that puts a team up a level from playoff team to contender - like a Pronger, Shanahan, Hossa does, he just doesn't seem to have that X-Factor compete level and hockey intelligence.

#3 Watching Ryan, I don't think we have the player we thought is going to be a huge pleasure to watch every game - like a Nash, Neidermayer, Chara.

#4. Is Ryan a building block to a Stanley Cup? Way to early to say, but just the fact that it's a no brainer after trading what we did is enough cause for us to talk.

You just contradicted your entire post.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
M2US4jK.jpg

jk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->