Let's Relax?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Again, not scientific, but my rule: Pay no attention to 1st 2 weeks of season, but 3 weeks is a trend and after 4 weeks? Book it. Just IMO.

Let's keep this in mind before creating another Panic Thread. We already have enough and the team is technically on pace for 123 points :laugh:.

Keep calm...

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
82 game season, 3 points already in 2 road games on back to back nights! Yeah, we're fine.

The only part that concerns me over the next 4 games is the west coast trip(we usually don't play our best over there) but at least its early in the season.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
tumblr_mt4u6epsBy1sh0zkgo1_500.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Silfverberg has 2 more goals then Ryan, Karlsson had a ****** game, anderson wasn't a god, the sens blew a 2 goal lead against the Leafs . . . the team should just fold, the corel center should be burned to the ground and the earth salted so another hockey arena will never grow again.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't think anyone is legitimately panicking.

Following the team blindly, ignoring the weaknesses and only focusing on the positives, is much worse than questioning some of the faults of the team, even if it comes off as panicking sometimes.

Nothing wrong with negativity if it's warranted.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa

Following the team blindly, ignoring the weaknesses and only focusing on the positives, is much worse than questioning some of the faults of the team, even if it comes off as panicking sometimes.

Is a ''I think the Bobby Ryan trade was bad'' and ''Karlsson will never be the same'' threads warranted? I think that's defined as panicking.

TheOriginalSilf*

Honestly, the people telling others to stop being negative are FAR more annoying than those being negative.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
I'm expecting a similar trend with MacLean's first year as coach. We'll suck defensively for the first 8-10 games, and then once the system and chemistry starts to be more natural, we'll start to play at that elite level we are hoping this team can achieve.

We are absolutely brutal defensively, but I feel like that's more because of the new faces and the players that have been injured getting used to the system. At least in our short season we haven't been blown out, and we've picked up 3/4 of the available points. Think people are just butt hurt cause we should have taken away 2 points in regulation against the Leafs, and letting the Leafs get back into it and pull off the win stings extra hard.

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
This reminds of the b2b they had in 08-09.

Heater was still around and who could ever forget Hartsburg and his accountability. :laugh:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
1-0-1 and some people are acting like we're 0-2... and even then, it wouldn't be the time to panic.

Let the top line still figure things out. If they are not there by Game 10, shake things up.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007

This is what I think is happening. A few people start fake panicking to make fun of others would they figured would panic for real. A very small group of others didn't realize that this was all sarcastic and started panicking along with the first group. Still others saw all this panic and decided to mock it by sarcastically panicking along -> more panic -> more fake panic -> more panic etc.

Truth is the team under performed in the first two games. They can and should play better than what we've seen. I was hoping to get 6 points out of our 6 game road trip to start the season, we're already halfway there after only 2 games.

Again, I'm pretty sure most people are joke panicking, but not realizing that the posts they are parodying are actually parodies of panic themselves. All of this could be avoided if 1) we all purchased better sarcasm detectors or 2) started using the :sarcasm: smilies. I personally prefer option 1.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

This is what I think is happening. A few people start fake panicking to make fun of others would they figured would panic for real. A very small group of others didn't realize that this was all sarcastic and started panicking along with the first group. Still others saw all this panic and decided to mock it by sarcastically panicking along -> more panic -> more fake panic -> more panic etc.

Truth is the team under performed in the first two games. They can and should play better than what we've seen. I was hoping to get 6 points out of our 6 game road trip to start the season, we're already halfway there after only 2 games.

Again, I'm pretty sure most people are joke panicking, but not realizing that the posts they are parodying are actually parodies of panic themselves. All of this could be avoided if 1) we all purchased better sarcasm detectors or 2) started using the :sarcasm: smilies. I personally prefer option 1.

Loooool, these 2 posts literally perfectly outline what has happened on here in past 2-3 days.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
82 game season, 3 points already in 2 road games on back to back nights! Yeah, we're fine.

The only part that concerns me over the next 4 games is the west coast trip(we usually don't play our best over there) but at least its early in the season.

we have our secret weapon for the west coast... bobby f'ing ryan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->