Visit site
Ovechkin > Crosby
Malkin > Gretzky
Kessel > Messier
J.Johnson > Bourque
Emelin > Macinnis
Medvedev > Roy (in more ways than one)
Abba > Wickenheiser

Let's just put it to rest and let the rest of the world think they are better than us at hockey. I'm always seeing on these boards how this Canadian player or that Canadian player is overhyped.....but yet I never see anything but dominance by Canadians in hockey. Canadian players continue to lead their NHL clubs to Stanley Cups, we always medal in WJCs (usually gold), we will win Olympic gold every year 'they' allow NHLers to play....so let's just keep winning and taking home the hardware, and give the rest of the world their chance to express their hallucinations on these boards.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
BigAl said:
Ovechkin > Crosby
Malkin > Gretzky
Kessel > Messier
J.Johnson > Bourque
Emelin > Macinnis
Medvedev > Roy (in more ways than one)
Abba > Wickenheiser

Let's just put it to rest and let the rest of the world think they are better than us at hockey. I'm always seeing on these boards how this Canadian player or that Canadian player is overhyped.....but yet I never see anything but dominance by Canadians in hockey. Canadian players continue to lead their NHL clubs to Stanley Cups, we always medal in WJCs (usually gold), we will win Olympic gold every year 'they' allow NHLers to play....so let's just keep winning and taking home the hardware, and give the rest of the world their chance to express their hallucinations on these boards.

LMFAO @ the trolling all over this post and the total waste of time writing it or reading it for anyone else. :deadhorse

dok101

Jan 2, 2006
New York
I'm an American and honestly believe that Canada will always be the country to beat at international tournaments. It doesn't matter if there are a bunch of studs on other teams (ie Kessel), Canada knows how to win. From coast to coast you guys lace up the skates at a young age and live, eat, and sleep hockey. How many states in the U.S. is the commitment to hockey that intense on a massive scale? Maybe Minnesota? But that is it. Hockey, in the U.S., will never be that popular. For example, Nascar is probably more popular. If you can even define that as a sport. I'm definitely excited that we have a national team development program which will bring together the cream of the crop of the young guys but it will be a long time and will take cultural changes to make it compete against Canada on a consistent basis at all levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->