Let's Predict the Conference Standings - #2

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Chicago. Chicago is a ****ing powerhouse.

Chicago/St. Louis/Los Angeles -tier
Minnesota/San Jose/Dallas -tier
Nashville/Vancouver/Anaheim/Colorado/Arizona -tier
Winnipeg/Calgary/Edmonton -tier (poor Canada :[)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Anaheim is probably the correct answer, but I felt like Homer Voting the Wild.

Chicago/LA are certainly the best two teams, but they generally seem pretty content to coast through the regular season until playoffs start.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
CHI: Has alot of money in only a few people. They are better off playing hard once in the play offs. Unless they are all fine. After 72 games everyone is nursing something.

LA: Same thing. More spread out but simular. DD hurting a bit to start and Gabby has played only one full season.

ANH: Getz has played full seasons in 3 of 8. Kesler missed time last three years. Another team that just wants in.

MN: Could be in a simular situation. With the way Coyle, Haula and Nino all played in the play offs i like our 5 games here 5 games there deep top 6 vs the others.

I think it will come down to 3-5 points with a week to go. I do not see anyone running away with anything.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Does anyone have any insight into why, even when we get the top free agent scorer and lose our dead weight in Heatley and Moulson, and take the Blackhearts to a legit 6 games, we still do not get any more respect around this league?

Dallas hasn't done anything and they're the new golden boys (I really really really really hate Dallas) to jump the standings this year.

I get it, Dallas made some great offseason moves, but it's not even a contest for us. We just straight up lose the opinion poll with most outside fans every time and I really don't get it.

The USA article prompted this but it's been the same story all summer. It was a pretty bad article BTW.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/wild/2014/09/27/minnesota-wild-preview-capsule-central-division/15296311/

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Dallas has a couple players that are popular who also show up on scoring leaders list. What goes against us is our past and although he was needed in our early years, Jacques Lemaire left us a legacy of boring, low scoring, trap style hockey and we have yet to change the perception that people have of us.

Your average hockey watcher will follow the lead of the media and the media wants to sell papers,,, scoring is the easy sell. People don't care about defensive strategy or good positional play etc. We completely outplayed the Avs in the playoffs and still got no respect. If we score more goals this year then maybe peoples views will change. Actually I dont care how people view us I loved how we played in the playoffs, that's type of play that excites me.

chose Hawks

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota seriously has 9 votes at this stage? I know we're on the Wild forum here, but that's still more bias than I'd hope for. Chicago, Anaheim, and LA are all probably ahead of us, although, LA is becoming known for mediocre seasons right before awesome playoffs, so we'll see.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Anaheim is overrated. They signed Heatley enough said.

1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
3. Kings
4. Wild
5. Anaheim

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Does anyone have any insight into why, even when we get the top free agent scorer and lose our dead weight in Heatley and Moulson, and take the Blackhearts to a legit 6 games, we still do not get any more respect around this league?

Dallas hasn't done anything and they're the new golden boys (I really really really really hate Dallas) to jump the standings this year.

I get it, Dallas made some great offseason moves, but it's not even a contest for us. We just straight up lose the opinion poll with most outside fans every time and I really don't get it.

The USA article prompted this but it's been the same story all summer. It was a pretty bad article BTW.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/wild/2014/09/27/minnesota-wild-preview-capsule-central-division/15296311/

I agree Dallas is overrated. Its kind of like how some people overrated us right away after acquiring Parise and Suter

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00