Let's predict the conference standings - 1st place team

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
As we patiently wait for the season to start, I thought we could kill time by predicting the conference standings (in true HFHawks fashion, the poll idea came to me way too late to predict the full league).

Season starts Oct. 9, so with 14 teams we can get through them all with a new poll every couple of days...anyone can feel free to start a new one. Of course, many of us (myself included) get bored of these types of things very fast - so it could be the idea is exhausted by the end of this weekend.

Who do you think will finish first in the Western Conference?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Was actually just thinking about doing a topic asking for folks to predict final standings and/or the conference matchups.

I think that the Ducks will be on top of the regular season standings, by combo of them improving during the offseason and the Hawks' mindset obviously being more geared towards saving a bit for the postseason. I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to who'll win the regular season division crown between Chicago and St. Louis for that same reason, with the added caveat that I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the Blues in the net.

Regardless, expecting a Hawks/Ducks showdown in the conference final.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Was actually just thinking about doing a topic asking for folks to predict final standings and/or the conference matchups.

I think that the Ducks will be on top of the regular season standings, by combo of them improving during the offseason and the Hawks' mindset obviously being more geared towards saving a bit for the postseason. I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to who'll win the regular season division crown between Chicago and St. Louis for that same reason, with the added caveat that I'm not entirely sure what to expect from the Blues in the net.

Regardless, expecting a Hawks/Ducks showdown in the conference final.

if you want, close this and start a new poll. i picked this b/c i figured 14 teams, a bit more than a month, we'd get through it (unless ppl got bored)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think it's a bit silly to do this poll as a Hawks thread. However, lets take solace in the fact that the main board already had this type of poll, and we still ended up in first. :)

Edit: Though, I'd be fine with seeing the teams that place second, third, and so on.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
if you want, close this and start a new poll. i picked this b/c i figured 14 teams, a bit more than a month, we'd get through it (unless ppl got bored)

Nah, we're good. Might as well kill some time with regular season predictions and hold off on playoff predictions for a more reasonable time.... like 13 seconds into the preseason. :naughty:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Nah, we're good. Might as well kill some time with regular season predictions and hold off on playoff predictionsfor a more reasonable time.... like 13 seconds into the preseason. :naughty:

When do I get to start the polls board thread "If the Hawks weren't stuck with the worst 2c in the history of the entire universe, who would have won game 7 OT of the WCF..the Hawks or the undeserving other team!?!?!?!"

edit - nofun, now that there are more people posting on the hawks board, we should do that game we did last year (W/Score/First Goal). maybe it will stick longer.

I think it's a bit silly to do this poll as a Hawks thread. However, lets take solace in the fact that the main board already had this type of poll, and we still ended up in first. :)

Edit: Though, I'd be fine with seeing the teams that place second, third, and so on.

I thought about it a bit - and thought I'd look like an jackass if i started a thread on the topic but started it at "#2 best"

Last edited:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I feel like we don't always do the best during the regular season, and I feel like the Ducks are always fighting to win the regular season, so I went there.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Can't vote but I think it will be Anaheim. The Central looks to be the toughest division again and with Colorado, St. Louis, and Chicago duking out of for top honors and Minnesota still looks to be a dark horse threat, Anaheim will only have LA as a legitimate threat (I think SJ and Vancouver will regress, aned I don't think Phoenix, Edmonton, or Calagary will rise enough to be a legit threat). I think Anaheim is the stronger regular season team but LA is better for the playoffs.

Thus, the Pacific numbers will be buoyed.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Homer vote... good guys. Could be Anaheim or someone else though. Tough conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad