Let's Predict the Conference Standings - #1

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Saw this on another board. Figured we could do it here, too. Gotta do something to pass the time before the season starts.

I suppose we could just run it like the Prospect voting. Have a new thread every couple days until we get to 8. If my count is correct, we have 16 days, so it'll work perfectly :nod:

I say St. Louis wins the West.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
lol @ the guy who picked Edmonton. Can't see who it is on my phone.. But lol.

Take a wild guess who that was :laugh:

lIp7bcd.gif

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Minnesota's coming out of left field with his prediction.

I'm coming out of lefter field.

:sarcasm:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
The Blues are just too deep. They're the safest bet but I can see any of ANA, STL, LAK or MIN take the first spot. It is a team game after all.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Blues or the Ducks. Will be a tossup. Leaning towards Anaheim since they're in the weaker division.

Also, :laugh: to whoever picked Calgary and Edmonton.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I went Los Angeles. Full year of Gaborik + motivated Richards + already good.

No doubt! Gaborik was on pace for 22 goals last year. Dude is gonna light it up this year. :laugh: I'd be surprised if the Kings finish in the top 3. They are still a low scoring team, and low scoring teams don't do as well as high scoring teams in the regular season. Which is why I don't think the Wild won't do that great unless they change up their strategy.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Probably will get too chalk-y here but here we go...

Pacific
1. Anaheim
2. LA
3. San Jose
4. Phoenix
5. Edmonton
6. Calgary
7. Vancouver

Central
1. St. Louis
2. Chicago
3. Minnesota
4. Colorado
5. Dallas
6. Winnipeg
7. Nashville

Conference
1. Anaheim
2. St. Louis
3. Chicago
4. LA
5. Minnesota
6. Colorado
7. San Jose
8. Phoenix
------
9. Dallas
10. Winnipeg
11. Nashville
12. Edmonton
13. Calgary
14. Vancouver

* Like Winnipeg and Nashville more than most, but they'll have a tough time in a difficult division. Phoenix will hang around and take the last seed over Dallas on the final days.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The Perds are better than the Jets. The Perds missed the playoffs by only 3 points last year, and that was with Rinne out for most of the season with that infection.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
No doubt! Gaborik was on pace for 22 goals last year. Dude is gonna light it up this year. :laugh: I'd be surprised if the Kings finish in the top 3. They are still a low scoring team, and low scoring teams don't do as well as high scoring teams in the regular season. Which is why I don't think the Wild won't do that great unless they change up their strategy.

He had 14 in the playoffs last year. Probably won't play more than 75 games regular season but should add 25+ goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad