Let's post some (hopefully) good news, too. Part III [Mod note in OP]

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Part I - Let's post some (hopefully) good news, too. [Mod note in OP]

Mod Note: Reminder everyone, try to keep discussions limited to direct good news comments. This isn't a general discussion thread. If you want a deeper discussion, post it in the general thread and discuss it deeper there.

We're trying to limit this thread to posting good news and direct comments on posted good news. Thanks

Reactions: Tryamw

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Old thread -> Let's post some (hopefully) good news, too. Part II [Mod note in OP]

Continue...

Minnesota dropping the state mask mandate order in the morning. Businesses will be the ones making the choices from tomorrow morning on.

All my religion American friends on Facebook are losing it because of a tweet Biden sent out (Get vaccinated or Wear a Mask, It's your choice) -- it is their body and they should be able to do what they want (just like pregnant moms who have an abortion).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This really put my mind at ease.

During his Face the Nation interview, Fauci was asked about how vaccinated people who are infected but don't develop COVID symptoms compare to unvaccinated asymptomatic COVID patients. He explained that "even though there are breakthrough infections with vaccinated people, almost always the people are asymptomatic, and the level of virus is so low, it makes it extremely unlikely, not impossible, but very, very low likelihood that they are going to transmit it."

Dr. Fauci Reveals Big Difference With Vaccinated People Who Get COVID

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Our 7-day % positivity rate here in Boulder County, Colorado has fallen to 1.5%! It was like 6% less than a couple of months ago. This is terrific.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Covid on the Run.

In the United States, there is now an excellent chance that the retreat is permanent. Victory over Covid has not yet arrived, but it is growing close. After almost a year and a half of sickness, death, grieving and isolation, the progress is cause for genuine joy.

21-MORNING-USCASESDEATHS-articleLarge.png

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
heh, I was just reading this article. Definitely seems to be the case. 60% of adults rcving at least one dose is encouraging, especially given how much lower the vaccination rate is in the south east. If we hit 70% of the adult population getting vaccinated that would be a HUGE accomplishment given all the misinformation that is spread around surrounding the pandemic and vaccines.

I'm pretty astonished at how fast we're approaching normality. I didn't think mask mandates would start disappearing in the middle of May. I was thinking they'd linger into July a bit. Just incredible how effective these vaccines are, and awesome to see a majority of the adult population are getting vaccinated as well.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Positive outlook: This may be the last positive thread we do. I have to think once this thing starts dying down in the US and Canada- posters won't be posting in here as much. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: epskate

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Positive outlook: This may be the last positive thread we do. I have to think once this thing starts dying down in the US and Canada- posters won't be posting in here as much. Fingers crossed!
I hope you are right. This thread has been a great source of hope during the last year +. I am very grateful to everyone who has contributed!

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Will be a little sad, I've grown to love this thread.

I'm TRYING to leave that comment alone....yes i am. If I wasn't a sophisticated Neanderthal, I would quip....this thread is as wanted as STDs.

I hope this pandemic becomes a bad memory by next year and our lives are back to normal. Even though we're healthy, it stole two years of our lives.....everyone's life.....and we're old enough not to want to waste them.

Hope.....

Reactions: epskate and Joemoe

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm TRYING to leave that comment alone....yes i am. If I wasn't a sophisticated Neanderthal, I would quip....this thread is as wanted as STDs.

I hope this pandemic becomes a bad memory by next year and our lives are back to normal. Even though we're healthy, it stole two years of our lives.....everyone's life.....and we're old enough not to want to waste them.

Hope.....

I mean no pandemic and this thread not existing is better than a pandemic and this thread existing but I enjoy reading good news, it's a pick me up.

Reactions: epskate

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland

Hope.....
Our lives might be back to normal, but it's going to take a lot longer for much of the world.

Oops, this is supposed to be the good news thread. I guess that comment was half good at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->