Let's post some (hopefully) good news, too. Part II [Mod note in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
italy wave is receding

Enw25SAXcAM6LzT

expect the same in the US in the coming weeks. 6-8 weeks seems to be the pattern

But...

Didn't Italy/Europe shut down a bunch of their country again whereas the US basically did nothing? If so that could be a major factor.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Bored

Jan 13, 2008
Today in Melbourne Australia, marked 30 consecutive days without a new covid case...Our 7 day rolling average in early August was around 480, with a peak of over 720 daily cases.

We suffered through some of the harshest lockdowns outside of China, economy is basically ruined. Though it looks like we might have a normal Christmas and Summer

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I heard through the grapevine that our Nursing Director is expecting the vaccines to arrive at our hospital in the middle of Dec. It's happening, boys/gals!

Looking forward to hearing updates from those that receive the vaccine in the early stages of the rollout to see what the side effects appear to be.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Looking forward to hearing updates from those that receive the vaccine in the early stages of the rollout to see what the side effects appear to be.
A doctor on NPR likened the side effects to be comparable to the shingles vaccine, meaning headache, achiness, and a low grade fever. The concern is that people who get the vaccine may feel as though they have been infected with the virus, even though the body's response is typical and what you would hope to see. There will likely be some sort of informational campaign around the vaccine making this information crystal clear.

epskate

Nov 22, 2010
Don’t remember where I read it but J&J applied for European rolling review today, hopefully it means something similar is going on in US, I believe they also applied in Canada. Big news as their vaccine only requires one shot and no super cold storage

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I just had a convo directly with our Nursing Director and she said the vaccines will be shipped here on Dec 14th, and our local community leaders believe the general population will be able to get vaccinated in the early spring.

Somewhat bad news- our unit will likely be covering COVID ICU patients, and I may be the runner to get supplies to the nurses in need. To bring it back to those positive vibes- I should be first in line!

epskate

Nov 22, 2010

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Got a couple links here for you guys: first link states that Canada may approve a vaccine in 7-10 days, second one the title showed up, third one states Ireland will begin vaccinations next week.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/thecurrent...s-says-health-canada-senior-adviser-1.5826508

Moderna to supply up to 125 million COVID-19 vaccine doses globally in first quarter

Covid in Scotland: First vaccinations to start next week
Doctor Henry, in her Dec 3rd update, announced BC will begin vaccinating first week in January.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Dr. Fauci believes U.S could host full arenas by 'end of summer' - Sportsnet.ca

This is a sports thread so I figured this could be posted lol
As always- Fauci is normally conservative in his estimates. The effectiveness of these vaccines have really changed his tune, which is great to see.

Also, packed stadiums will likely be the last thing opened, so damn near everything else will likely be open before mass crowded events like football games. I wonder if we'll need vaccination cards? That may be a convo for another thread, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->