Let's make some bad predictions! AEW/WWE/TNA/NXT/NJPW/etc

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We all agree this is one of the craziest times in wrestling in a very very very long while. So let's predict, horribly, how it will all end. Simple rules here. Just predict how YOU THINK this all goes promotion by promotion. Who will stay on TV? Who will thrive? Who will prevail? What is the longevity?

WWE: Saudi + TV Deals - locked in. Smackdown/Raw will prevail for years to come. Safe. They have driven so many wrestling fans away and still ended up landing monster deals. These guys are beyond safe.

NXT: I think USA will eventually see 500-750k ratings and not want the show. It will go back to WWE Network in 1-2 years. NXT is my absolute favorite wrestling promotion but the over-saturation of wrestling on TV is astounding. There is no way it will spread evenly for everyone to make profit. NXT/Evolve will eventually become a Network premium thing.

AEW: I think AEW will have TNA-like staying power with similar TNA-like numbers for a good while. The difference will be that they won't make the ultimate TNA mistakes and burn it all down when they have something good. The one good thing is they have solid relationships with TNT that are supportive right now. If something goes down where they lose the TV deal, then that is where I feel they flounder around like TNA, moving place to place, and staying in that 1-2m viewership range.

When I say TNA, don't associate it with the joke TNA became. They were building something VERY sustainable before they TNA'd themselves.

NJPW: My absolute DREAM for NJPW is that they team with AEW to somehow create a powerhouse. Let NJPW do their thing in Japan but the North America plans just basically become joint venture. That is the absolute true way to rock the boat against WWE. But instead I think they'll stay true to themselves and that's it. It will consistently be what NJPW always is. I personally think the NJPW boom period is over, but it's going to soar through consistency. I would be shocked if they expanded to NA as they once thought they quickly were going to do.

TNA: They've been dead to me for years. Kudos to them for staying afloat and by many numerous accounts actually has been decent. I would imagine they buy ROH and will never fully die.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Like... hot takes?

I won’t go so far as to make it an official prediction, but with Khan and five wrestlers as EVPs, if AEW had a downfall it would be that before anything else imo.

Reactions: KIRK

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Like... hot takes?

I won’t go so far as to make it an official prediction, but with Khan and five wrestlers as EVPs, if AEW had a downfall it would be that before anything else imo.

No just a real vibe of how you think it will go. Honestly this thread was sparked by your post about how much shit is going on in the last week. So I was thinking... how is this realistically going to go?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE is bulletproof and NXT will probably stabilize in viewership now that Suits is over. AEW will surely dig into it, which is why they both may just stay in that 600-800k range.

All those VPs are going to clash heads eventually, though. Egos will get the better of some decision making and AEW will have some drama. These guys are wrestlers. Not businessmen, not executives... they were thrust right into it. At least Triple H was eased into it over years at headquarters before assuming big responsibilities.

NJPW, I’d predict, doesn’t work with AEW because of the loyalty and trust broken by Kenny in particular.

I don’t care about Impact. They’re on a tier around ROH’s level these days, maybe a bit higher just because of all the dumb shit with ROH.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
NJPW would be dumb not to work with AEW. They haven’t had the same foreign star power since the Elite left and Jay White clearly hasn’t cut it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
NJPW would be dumb not to work with AEW. They haven’t had the same foreign star power since the Elite left and Jay White clearly hasn’t cut it.
The Elite, in NJPW’s eyes, betrayed them. They made Kenny and he went and founded another company.

This ultimately comes down to business culture in Japan and if they’d be able to forgive.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Ospray is a big star i say.
Moxley is champion....
White is champion....

anyways.

bless them all. lets have some fun.

random wish, someone save CMLL, out of any of those companies. (i guess theres literally one option only)
buy them, partner, work together.... send HELP!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The biggest difference between TNA and AEW at startup is money. TNA did get TV deals, but AEW has deep enough pockets to lose money if they feel they can see this through.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
AEW will do pretty good I think. Maybe they don't get to the WCW levels of the early to mid 90's but they'll still be alright.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The HFWF comes back in 2020, but it will quickly fold when @M.C.G. 31 insists to overpush @End of Line again
4D433E3A-148F-49E8-9DD7-D6A58A9D93DF.gif

Reactions: KIRK and Fro

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if TNA still there, AEW should survive a few years.
(maybe not in TNT indeed. but they should be okay for a little while)

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I think Smackdown on Fox is going to absolutely smash it. Will it get the 3 million views or whatever every week? Probably not, but the Fox execs are going to rein in all of the traditionally terrible WWE impulses, and the outrageous talent on the roster is going to shine through.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Smackdown will be on FS1 before 2021.

I don’t think AEW on TNT will make it past 2022.

Just don’t believe the audience is there to support all of this long term.

Raw, Smackdown, AEW, NXT.

There's probably only really room for two shows. Hell, with two shows now rating suck, maybe there's only room for one? I think AEW is in big trouble.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
isnt this their best tv deal in forever?
like they own the actual station.
Well, they owned the last station too... But yeah, this is a decent place for them. It's the same with RoH, both are now owned by their station so neither will be going anywhere unless an outside actor buys them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Raw and Smackdown both continue to fail, while the two Wednesday shows find success because they offer something simple but new. Good wrestling with simple cool characters in a setting that isn’t overproduced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad