Lets have some fun, post your 2014 Team Canada roster

TiCats

Nov 8, 2013
Mile End, Montreal
I give the 'C' to Toews, without a doubt. The 'A' to Crosby and Keith. I would take Brodeur as the 3rd goalie to bring some Olympic experience to the group in net, he probably doesn't see the ice anyway.

Marleau Toews Perry
Tavares Crosby Carter
Duchene Spezza Giroux
M.Richards Bergeron E.Staal
Getzlaf / Desharnais

Weber Doughty
Pieterangelo Subban
Keith Seabrook
Bouwmeester

Price
Smith
Brodeur

Last edited:

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Losing Stamkos was a tough blow to Team Canada and hopefully he gets back healthy in time, but does anyone think that it may actually increase Subban's chances of making the team? If Stamkos can't get back in time, Subban's one timer on the left side of the powerplay becomes a much more important weapon to have.

Hopefully Canada has both when the Olympics roll around

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Marleau - Crosby - Couture
Duchene - Toews - Benn
Tavares - Getzlaf - Perry
Richards - Bergeron - Carter

Extra : St.Louis, E. Staal

and if Stamkos can make it, I switch Marleau with him.

Weber - Doughty
Keith - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Subban

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
i can see him making it if stamkos is still injured
Stamkos has nothing to do with it. He's probably the best LW in the game right now. Great player.
I give the 'C' to Toews, without a doubt. The 'A' to Crosby and Keith. I would take Brodeur as the 3rd goalie to bring some Olympic experience to the group in net, he probably doesn't see the ice anyway.

Marleau Toews Perry
Tavares Crosby Carter
Duchene Spezza Giroux
Getzlaf / Desharnais

Weber Doughty
Pieterangelo Subban
Keith Seabrook
Bouwmeester

Price
Smith
Brodeur
You give Crosby the C. If you don't it causes controversy. No need for this.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Stamkos - Crosby (C) - St-Louis
Tavares - Toews (A) - Giroux
Couture - Getzlaf - Perry
Thornton - Bergeron - E. Staal
Duchene, Benn

I think Thornton is somewhat of a lock for team Canada. For one, he has the experience, and he also developed great two-way play while also being able to take a more offensive/playmaker role if need be. I put Couture on the third line, but Duchene would be a good option a well. Preferred Couture due to his two-way play.

Weber - Doughty
Keith (A) - Seabrook
Pietrangelo - Subban
Vlasic

Price/Luongo
Luongo/Price
Crawford

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Our goaltending has really declined over the years. We used to have multiple Stanley cup champs in nets with an aura of invincibility. That area worries me, but will hopefully be proven wrong.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
There are two things that could hurt Hall a little bit:

1. Giveaways: Every forward makes his fair share, but Hall makes them in the worst possible spots. The number of times I've seen his giveaways turn into goals in the last year (including once at the World Championships and three times this season, all of them being crucial goals) makes me wonder if Team Canada would be cautious considering their potential criteria.

2. Performance: This year, Hall has not looked good, even pre-injury. He has the assets to make the team no doubt, but he'll have to pump up his performances, and I am not talking about production.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
There are two things that could hurt Hall a little bit:

1. Giveaways: Every forward makes his fair share, but Hall makes them in the worst possible spots. The number of times I've seen his giveaways turn into goals in the last year (including once at the World Championships and three times this season, all of them being crucial goals) makes me wonder if Team Canada would be cautious considering their potential criteria.

2. Performance: This year, Hall has not looked good, even pre-injury. He has the assets to make the team no doubt, but he'll have to pump up his performances, and I am not talking about production.
You can't ignore his production though. And he'll be on the ice with a much better team. Right now the guy is under the gun to make things happen. That's not going to be the case with Team Canada.

If he doesn't make the team something is seriously wrong with Yzerman.

Dec 2, 2010
Tavares Crosby Carter
Duchene Toews MSL
Marleau Couture Benn

Keith Seabrook
Weber Doughty
Pietrangelo Subban

Price
Luongo

Burns is a wildcard. If he comes back as good as he was, I might think twice about Richards.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad