Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
The bigger problem with Toronto is that they've not got any flexibility to improve the team. They are a flawed roster and they do not have any cap room to add. To add the top flight D they desperately need, they'd have to deal Marner or Nylander. To improve the team, they would have to re-shuffle the deck a little bit.

Tampa is another team that will likely have to do something to fundamentally reshape their cap to continue adding. They know what they are doing... but at some point if you don't win, guys are going to stop taking slightly less money.

Ottawa has a couple good pieces. Chabot is fantastic and Tkachuk looks good. If you're counting Brannstrom as a stud D, why him and not Hronek? What has Brannstrom done at the NHL level?

Devils are garbage right now with Hall and Hischier. That's why they were in a position to take Hughes. And in a year, Hall will get a double digit millions contract, Hischier will be much higher off his ELC and if Hughes is anything like you're pushing him as to where NJ will blow everyone's doors off, he'll be making 12M+ in three years.

All of the things that are bugaboos for Detroit (contracts signed for too much and too long, guys getting hurt or underperforming, etc.) are things that will hit other rosters.

And in the case of Ottawa... there is no reason to believe that Melnyk changes his spots. They were a bubble team with Karlsson and Stone and Duchene and other good players like Hoffman... and Chabot for a year too. They're going to self-destruct themselves before they're good.
It’s not really a problem the leafs said they wouldn’t trade nylander but everyone knows they will it is what it is , they’ll deal zaitsev somehow and marleau’s 6 will come off the books , caps going up

I’m not a leafs fan but they’ll find a way to make it all work and be a top team

You forget Tampa has the great tax saving purposes going theyre favour as well as the sun they’ll be more than fine , someone like Tyler Johnson is getting something that would be like 9 million in mtl

Never Said melnyk is anything but a huge moron but doesn’t change the fact they have a ton of really good kids coming up , they were a goal away from going to the finals with all those guys you mentioned , getting to the playoffs alone especially in the east is going to be very challenging

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yep.

And the reason for Trouba having an apartment at Florida is just smart tax planning.

If you are US citizen (like Jacob Trouba is), working temporarily at Canada (like Trouba is), and if you own an apartment at United States (like Trouba has) and are living at Canada at a rental apartment (like Trouba is, this rental apartment is the key for whole loophole), this kind of case in taxes will be treated with the US state laws. And Florida taxes are lot less than in Manitoba.

This is just a loophole what Trouba is using. His net earnings are higher because he technically lives at Florida. He plays at Canada with Florida tax rate.

I did read this case from Winnipeg side few months ago, when somebody seemed to know the facts.
This proves my point Trouba is sneaky and will finesse himself to the Red Wings then in July 2020 we will have the presser :laugh::thumbu:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Yes, it is expected that Veleno will have speed and Zadina will be just as good a goal scorer as Mantha.

And Rasmussen screens the goaltender, when Zadina snipes that Veleno pass to top corner. Or Rasmussen winning the lose puck on the end boards, if not going in with Veleno control-entry.

Just easy to see it working together. I see it. Our management sees it. We have already seen it. It just takes time to prepare these guys to NHL level.

We need them all, it already is very effective trio of different kind of forward types together.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
And Rasmussen screens the goaltender, when Zadina snipes that Veleno pass to top corner.

We need them all, it already is were effective trio of different kind of forward types together.
It's a moot point anyways since they don't want either Ras nor Mantha.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's a moot point anyways since they don't want either Ras or Mantha.

I nothing but like to keep them. Maybe Athanasiou+Cholowski is the bait. dunno.

We still would not miss a beat without those two.

KID CORE
Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Rasmussen - Veleno - Zadina
Hirose - Dach/Cozens/Turcotte - Svechnikov
Ehn - Turgeon/DelaRose - G.Smith

That's a great young Top9 to build on with all Berggrens or future picks waiting on.

DeKeyser - Trouba
McIsaac - Green

Old goat - Hronek
Old goat - Bowey

Old goat = Ericsson/Daley/Kronwall

Maybe Bowey could be another piece going. Jets have to bring cheaper talent in and lose on defence, to keep their young star forwards. That's what inevitable to happen this summer. Othervise they are gonna have 90M in caphits.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
If trouba actually wants to play here, why wouldn't he

A, just sign here next summer , or
B, orchestrate a trade only to Detroit

He cant both be a lifelong red wing fan with an intense desire to play here but also willing to sign with just about anyone who offers a contract first.

No trade pls unless it's for scraps

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
they can't fit Trouba next season i dont think.... his 1 year offer is what 6M? They got to sign Marner too. they have roughly 6M (assuming 83M cap). I don't think they'd trade Nylander for a rental.
You're probably right though if you move Ny you have his cap space. I just thought if you haven't been to the SCF in 40+ years, you might take a 1 year flyer on the best D available, no matter the cost

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

He cant both be a lifelong red wing fan with an intense desire to play here but also willing to sign with just about anyone who offers a contract first.

The reality for most players is that they have a team they'd prefer, but money on the table is always most important. If Trouba waits to sign a new deal and goes to UFA, he's risking tens of millions of dollars. One significant injury and everything changes.

It's why players sign new deals with the team that they get traded to more often than not. It's guaranteed money that sets you, your kids, and grandkids for life. Personally, I wouldn't risk that for the chance I get to play for the Red Wings, even if that was a childhood dream. I'm a grown ass man now with bills to pay, my pajamas while I was learning ABCs don't mean shit. The Coyotes offer me $50 million and I'm now the biggest damn Coyote fan you've ever seen.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019

Exactly , makes more sense to trade AA for bean or some young dman, pick and get trouba in for free than also trade cholowski plus pick for a guy who will likely come regardless

Two years can look like

Trouba hronek

cholowski bean/soderstrom(oilers 8th pick)

dekeyser mcisaac

Lindstrom etc...

Hopefully we can trade dekeyser in 2-3 years , saarjarvi becomes a piece we use in a trade package or for a pick

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One thing for Trouba to get him now, is to push his caphit a bit down because of the last RFA year.

If you sign him for free as UFA, his caphit will be higher. Losing an asset NOW = buying his caphit lower.

But so far, there's no guarantee, he would only sign to Detroit as UFA.

Pay for it, make it 100% sure and worry about other things later.

He is exactly the piece we are missing for. Plugs a big hole, maybe creates another hole, which we can plug with other players.

Like Athanasiou+Cholowski <> Trouba

We can sign Skinner/Duchene/Nyquist/Gardiner to replace those assets for free (cap space currently not in use), when we pay something for Trouba.

GREAT YZERMAN summer SPLASH:

signs Skinner for 8M x 7 years
signs Gardiner for 7M x 7 years

Trades Athanasiou + Cholowski for Trouba. Trouba extends for 8 years.

Skinner > Athanasiou
Gardiner > Cholowski
Trouba > anybody on our defence.

Win-win-win on every spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bench

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Exactly , makes more sense to trade AA for bean or some young dman, pick and get trouba in for free than also trade cholowski plus pick for a guy who will likely come regardless

Two years can look like

Trouba hronek

cholowski bean/soderstrom(oilers 8th pick)

dekeyser mcisaac

Lindstrom etc...

Hopefully we can trade dekeyser in 2-3 years , saarjarvi becomes a piece we use in a trade package or for a pick
I've heard this song and dance way too many times for far too long.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
One thing for Trouba to get him now, is to push his caphit a bit down because of the last RFA year.

If you sign him for free as UFA, his caphit will be higher. Losing an asset NOW = buying his caphit lower.

But so far, there's no guarantee, he would only sign to Detroit as UFA.

Pay for it, make it 100% sure and worry about other things later.

He is exactly the piece we are missing for. Plugs a big hole, maybe creates another hole, which we can plug with other players.

Like Athanasiou+Cholowski <> Trouba

We can sign Skinner/Duchene/Nyquist/Gardiner to replace those assets for free (cap space currently not in use), when we pay something for Trouba.

GREAT YZERMAN summer SPLASH:

signs Skinner for 8M x 7 years
signs Gardiner for 7M x 7 years

Trades Athanasiou + Cholowski for Trouba. Trouba extends for 8 years.

Skinner > Athanasiou
Gardiner > Cholowski
Trouba > anybody on our defence.

Win-win-win on every spot.
How will his cap hit be Lower as an rfa? This makes absolute zero sense, if he believes he’s an 8 million dollar guy he won’t sign with us Or anyone at 6 cause he’s an rfa

And Gardner and skinner? Jesus Christ

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
PART 2.

Outcome:

Skinner - Larkin - Bertuzzi
Hirose - Veleno/Nielsen - Mantha
Rasmussen/Svechnikov - 2019 1st pick/Veleno - Zadina/Svechnikov
Abdelkader - Nielsen - Glendening
(Ehn, De La Rose)

Helm traded.
Daley bought out.

Gardiner - Trouba
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
(McIsaac) - Bowey

This is nothing but same GM book from Ken Holland at 2001.

LW Kozlov + 1st <> Hasek.
Replaced Kozlov with Robitalle from UFA.
Final outcome. Robitaille + Hasek <> 1st

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How will his cap hit be Lower as an rfa? This makes absolute zero sense, if he believes he’s an 8 million dollar guy he won’t sign with us Or anyone at 6 cause he’s an rfa

That's how RFA years work in salary comparison.

You don't have to understand it. Just accept it.

Trouba is quite cheap, because he has been mostly out from the 1st PP for his hole career. That waht makes him pissed of.

There is a lot of unused potential on his production. He is already a great shut-down defenceman and ES point-producer. But Byfuglien has always been playing with the 1st PP unit eating most of 1D points. Defencemen generally score most from the PP and I mean 1st PP unit with best forwards like Wheeler, Scheifele and Laine.

I think Trouba could become instant bargain here with bigger PP duty.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
PART 2.

Outcome:

(Ehn, De La Rose)

Helm traded.
Daley bought out.

Gardiner - Trouba
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
(McIsaac) - Bowey

And all of a sudden our 4th line is 12 million and skinner gets a concussion and we’re stuck paying him forever

I just thank god your not the gm

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
PART 2.

Outcome:

(Ehn, De La Rose)

Helm traded.
Daley bought out.

Gardiner - Trouba
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
(McIsaac) - Bowey

Your'e missing a huge part in that back then players actually wanted to play here. If players want to win, they won't be signing here any time soon.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Your'e missing a huge part in that back then players actually wanted to play here. If players want to win, they won't be signing here any time soon.

That's bullshit. Why did players sign to NY Islanders and what is happening for them?

This is new NHL and team powers change faster than ever. No contenders is contender for more than 1-2 years. Then salary cap will eat them We are contenders faster than expected, if you BUILD FOR THAT.

Stop living in the past. See the future. Build the future.

Sign Skinner, sign Gardiner, trade for Trouba. Be YZERMAN. Make things happen. That's 20 million for PURE quality we are currently missing. That makes big difference on the standings.

So god damn simple to understand. Kids are developing. You round them with prime players, draft talent high and there's a contender in 1-2 years. You have to do the moves to become attractive.

Some move has to be the starting move. It could be the Trouba move. It could be some UFA signing. etc.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's bull****. Why did players sign to NY Islanders and what is happening for them?

This is new NHL and team powers change faster than ever. No contenders is contender for more than 1-2 years. Then salary cap will eat them We are contenders faster than expected, if you BUILD FOR THAT.

Stop living in the past. See the future. Build the future.

Sign Skinner, sign Gardiner, trade for Trouba. Be YZERMAN. Make things happen. That's 20 million for PURE quality we are currently missing. That makes big difference on the standings.

So god damn simple to understand. Kids are developing. You round them out with prime players, draft talent high and there's a contender in 1-2 years.
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but its not that simple. If it were, Suter, Stamkos ect... would be here.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but its not that simple. If it were, Suter, Stamkos ect... would be here.

I believe there is a middle ground between everyone would sign here and no one but I suppose it’s possible I’m the crazy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad