Let's go, Thunderbirds!!! - Memorial Cup thread

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
figured I would start a thread strictly for Seattle... I know a lot of people on here im sure dislike the Tbirds, but now's the time people put the rivalry away and hope Seattle brings the Cup to the WHL for us.

Lines are solid, Bear is unreal, rest of Dmen are massive, 16 year old goalie....

no need to stress about goalie situation anymore cause IMO Stankowski has more than proved himself.

Lets go birds!!!!

cant wait for tmrw at noon!

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Did Seattle make any trades during the year to push for a Memorial Cup run? I notice the other 3 teams seemed to add late additions to their roster

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
figured I would start a thread strictly for Seattle... I know a lot of people on here im sure dislike the Tbirds, but now's the time people put the rivalry away and hope Seattle brings the Cup to the WHL for us.

Lines are solid, Bear is unreal, rest of Dmen are massive, 16 year old goalie....

no need to stress about goalie situation anymore cause IMO Stankowski has more than proved himself.

Lets go birds!!!!

cant wait for tmrw at noon!
What's the lineup look like Skinny Jim?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
They looked extremely nervous today. Nothing was working offensively and may have been the worst game ive seen Bear play. Ofcourse Stankowski kept the game close... He was unreal as usual. Erie could have been up 4-0 after the first easily

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
They looked extremely nervous today. Nothing was working offensively and may have been the worst game ive seen Bear play. Ofcourse Stankowski kept the game close... He was unreal as usual. Erie could have been up 4-0 after the first easily

Really incredible from a tiny 16 year old goalie. Erie was solid on the back end.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Game 2, Seattle looked like they did not belong....They are faced with having to beat the SeaDogs to stay in the tourney. The D and goaltending, the breakouts, the decisions ....awful

There is no taking away their WHL title but they will be exiting here shortly.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Game 2, Seattle looked like they did not belong....They are faced with having to beat the SeaDogs to stay in the tourney. The D and goaltending, the breakouts, the decisions ....awful

There is no taking away their WHL title but they will be exiting here shortly.

They look terrible I agree. Oh well do or die next game... anything can happen.

We know what Seattle is capable of but unfortunately aren't doing nearly what we know they can do

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
They look terrible I agree. Oh well do or die next game... anything can happen.

We know what Seattle is capable of but unfortunately aren't doing nearly what we know they can do

The WHL title really is the main thing anyway...this is gravy hockey

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
Obviously I'm not thrilled with the past few games, but I'm still proud of this team.

Considering that Chris Osgood was in net the last time we were in a Memorial Cup (and that was only due to hosting), this has been a long time coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad